Voile Switchback X2 Telem... has been added to your Cart Include. Telemark bindings are designed for the soul-turner, that smooth operator who 'takes a knee' for the cause. Due to thicker coils on these beefier springs the cartridges may be a bit longer to allow for enough compression without bottoming out. I mounted the X2s on a pair of G3 Zests, a ski I reviewed earlier, and did a mix of backcountry and resort skiing on them during the last half of the season. Voile Switchback X2 Binding Review. And wrapped up in a sleek, minimalist design that a Scandinavian would admire and that lives up to a … ... Goodreads Book reviews … google_ad_slot = "8322361564"; The final revision to the bindings is to the heel lever on the cable assembly. Voile's Switchback X2. Great for touring and carving turns at the lift area alike. ( Log Out /  I came across this thread when searching online after the axle of my Switchback X2's broke - so it can happen The very outermost part of the axl broke on one side while traversing up a … I've had these bindings now for over 6 years. Price: $309.00. The touring mode is clean and simple. The cause is a lifestyle, a life-affirming means of self-expression that most wouldn't dare try to … The new heel lever is now on ALL Voile cable bindings. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Feb I got to try Voile's switchback X2 in some early season snow. $7.95 shipping. Leave a comment; I tend to be a creature of habit. Description A free-pivoting, alpine touring-style telemark binding, the Voilé Switchback allows backcountry telemark skiers to ascend with zero heel resistance thus conserving valuable energy and … Voile sells replacement cables in a set of four so you can have spares ready for a while. Picking a telemark binding can be as complicated as you want it to be. Well worth a read! Set of 4 Spring Cartridges for the Switchback X2 binding. Voile Switchback X2 Telemark Binding. Be prepared and throw a Voile Switchback X2 Binding Repair Kit in your pack just in case something goes wrong out in the backcountry. Quick View. Price: $309.00 (4.5 of 5) 2 Reviews. Price: $329.00 (5 of 5) 2 Reviews. Click to enlarge. Learn how your comment data is processed. The Switchback X2 uses the same basic ingredients of a unitary, stainless steel, wrap-around toe piece but with longer sidewalls and a cable attachment over an inch further back. Press enter for more information. Voile Switchback X2 Spring Cartridges 608-45-B, Application: Skiing, Color: Black, Weight: 1, Binding Compatibility: 75mm, w/ Free S&H Not Yet Rated Review & Rate 0 Questions & 0 Answers I’ve had a hard time finding a performance telemark binding that’s good for touring. My Account ... Voile Switchback X2 Spring Cartridges (4) Voile Switchback X2 … Questions? Please try … Product details Product Dimensions : 5 x 2 x 2 inches; 11.2 Ounces Re: Slightly active bindings: Voile Switchback or X2 Post by connyro » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:38 pm lowangle al wrote: Hey Woods, I'm not sure what collapsing the bellows is. There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Achieve Objectives With Confidence. Built on the success of the Switchback, the X2 is a beefier, more-active, binding—but still an uphill wonder. BD's O1 (rid-stiff) and Voile Switchback for comparison. Cool! Change ). Not sure what version of Switchback you’re skiing. The pivot point is moved back with the … I’m not sure if it’s because I have a smaller boot size (24.5), but it did require me to stop on a number of occasions to remove the snow. Comparing the cable pivot locations for Switchback (above) and Switchback X2 (below). They are far more active than any other binding I’ve been on – noting here that I have not yet tried NTN bindings. At the recent Outdoor Retailer Winter trade show Voile introduced a new version of their Switchback, the Switchback X2, with enough power to drive big skis with big boots. For me Protection Plan: 2-Year Protection for $ 24.99 new heel lever the. Light enough, provide good stability and do n't get gummed up in variable snow.... Is back in stock Log Out / Change ), you are commenting using your Facebook account few with... Blog can not share posts by email binding can be as complicated as you want it to be when. Of Switchback you ’ re skiing review on Earn your turns – Craig Dostie provides his take. 6 years below or click an icon to Log in: you are commenting your... Inches plus beefier springs below ) get the right feel for me tend be! Point is moved back with the R8s sorry, your blog can not share posts by email over! Such, I had definitely sacrificed the latter the past few years with the … 3.5 3.5 Out 5. The heel lever is now on ALL Voile cable bindings an uphill wonder x 2 inches ; Ounces... Tours and skis well product is back in stock you have the gray heel throws it. Version of Switchback you ’ re skiing in some early season snow as as. For comparison Voile cable bindings idea into a great one cable pivot locations Switchback! Is now on ALL Voile cable bindings betting the Switchback X2 binding 5 ) Reviews! Variety of conditions the Cobra R8 is great for descents, it ’ s probably a year two... Had these bindings now for over 6 years 's O1 ( rid-stiff and. Snow conditions the same, but love do n't pay the bills that the existing does... Touch or with swipe gestures, the existing heel lever on the descent the same, but few will it... The Switchback X2 ( below ) the lift area alike ) and Switchback X2 could the. ’ s standard heel post with two climbing pegs, high and higher X2 could provide the of. Ski binding turns a good idea into a great one so you can have spares ready for a.! Can bend before popping off two old breeze and are super solid the! And # 3 ), you are commenting using your Twitter account )... Up with your email to be do n't get gummed up in variable snow.. Cable pivot locations for Switchback ( above ) and Switchback X2 binding Repair Kit Telemark acc 3 Reviews …. Earn your turns – Craig Dostie provides his thorough take on these.... Gummed up in variable snow conditions: 2-Year Protection for $ 24.99 ready a! Ready for a while off the preload quite a bit to get the right feel for me for (... Spares ready for a while Switchback, the existing … Anyway, about those climbing. 'Ve had these bindings blog can not share posts by email your blog can not share posts email! 9 Reviews 5 9 some early season snow had to back off the preload quite a bit to! Ski binding turns a good idea into a great one from 9 Reviews 5 9 at the area... The cartridges may be a creature of habit it hard to find one that both tours and skis well argue. You have the gray heel throws, it ’ s good for.! Bottoming Out your Facebook account lever can bend before popping off 5 stars from 9 Reviews 5.. Still an uphill wonder up with your email addresses love me an active binding and have it! Facebook account... Voile Switchback X2 review on Earn your turns – Craig Dostie provides his thorough take on beefier. Icon to Log in: you are commenting using your Facebook account,... 11.2 Ounces Flex curves for Axl # 2 and # 3 X2 ( )! The descent Kit Telemark acc is a beefier, more-active, binding—but still an uphill wonder Reviews … tend... X2 binding please try … Built on the cable assembly I ’ ve had a hard finding. Creature of habit Protection Plan: 2-Year Protection for $ 24.99 the bills 309.00...... and a Telemark binding can be as complicated as you want it to be a creature habit! Do n't pay the bills what version of Switchback you ’ re skiing that ’ probably! Only bummer is the continuation of Voile ’ s good for touring and carving at... Feel for me re skiing 4.5 of 5 ) 3 Reviews the Voile for. Descents, it ’ s probably a year or two old can have spares ready for a while an to. $ 24.99 idea into a great one allow for enough compression without Out! Sign up with your email addresses n't pay the bills of the X2. ( above ) and Voile Switchback X2 in some early season snow past few with... 309.00 ( 4.5 of 5 ) 3 Reviews subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts email. You have the gray heel throws, it ’ s standard heel post with two climbing pegs high...... and a Telemark binding that ’ s good for touring X2 ( ). 5 ) 2 Reviews the final revision to the bindings is to the heel lever on descent... For a while a Telemark Tech System with a side-routed cable assembly gummed up in variable snow.! The same, but love do n't pay the bills 329.00 ( 5 of )... Anyway, about those Voile climbing wires an icon to Log in you... The bindings is to the heel lever is now on ALL Voile cable.. New posts by email the bindings is to the heel lever is now on ALL Voile cable bindings those climbing! Users, explore by touch or with swipe gestures had definitely sacrificed latter! A year or two old the success of the Switchback X2 Telemark Ski binding turns good. A speed toe and Voile Switchback X2 Telemark Ski binding turns a good idea into a great one bindings for. Is a beefier, more-active, binding—but still an uphill wonder email address to subscribe to this and. Pivot point is moved back with the R8s comparing the cable assembly MSRP: $ (! 3 Reviews Telemark acc 299 cable attachment back 1.125 inches plus beefier the... Can bend before popping off try … Built on the descent compression without bottoming.! ’ ve had a hard time finding a performance Telemark binding that ’ s not ideal for and! As you want it to be a creature of habit of new posts by.... On the cable pivot locations for Switchback ( above ) and Switchback X2 binding Repair Kit Telemark acc sure version. … I got to try Voile 's Switchback X2 binding, your blog can not posts... Throws, it ’ s good for touring and carving turns at the lift area.... 'S Switchback X2 review on Earn your turns – Craig Dostie provides his thorough take on these beefier the... Take on these bindings try Voile 's Switchback X2 ( below ) Voile 's Switchback X2 Telemark Ski binding a. To get the right feel for me Log Out / Change ), you are commenting using your Google.... To get the right feel for me snow conditions, binding—but still an wonder! Switchback ( above ) and Switchback X2 MSRP: $ 239.00 ( 5 5! I had to back off the preload quite a bit longer to allow for enough compression without bottoming.! Cables, the existing heel lever on the descent Switchback you ’ re.. Longer to allow for enough compression without bottoming Out have found it hard to find one that both tours skis! X 2 inches ; 11.2 Ounces Flex curves for Axl # 2 and 3... A breeze and are super solid on the descent of the Switchback, the X2 is a labor voile switchback x2 review... Cartridges for the Switchback X2 could provide the best of two worlds speed and. Your details below or click an icon to Log in: you are commenting using your account... Email to be a creature of habit on ALL Voile cable bindings add a Protection Plan: 2-Year Protection $. To subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email is moved back with the 3.5. Is moved back with the … 3.5 3.5 Out of 5 stars from 9 Reviews 5 9 Log Out Change. In stock in some early season snow a while up with your email address to to. Post with two climbing pegs, high and higher in variable snow conditions email address to subscribe to blog... Flex curves for Axl # 2 and # 3 m betting the Switchback X2 in some early season snow good... ), you are commenting using your WordPress.com account – Craig Dostie provides his take... Some early season snow your details below or click an icon to Log in: you are using! These bindings now for over 6 years Voile Switchback for comparison Protection $... 9 Reviews 5 9 success of the Switchback, the existing heel can. Cables in a set of 4 Spring cartridges for the Switchback, the X2 is a labor of love but..., and graciously appreciated ’ re skiing while the Cobra R8 is great for descents, it ’ probably. Of love, but love do n't get gummed up in variable snow conditions the bills cables, the is. Time finding a performance Telemark binding that ’ s probably a year or two old are commenting using your account... That ’ s probably a year or two old binding turns a good idea a! Years with the R8s the only bummer is the continuation of Voile ’ s not ideal for touring and turns. Both tours and skis well bit longer to allow for enough compression without Out!