... We are practically finished with a project that we used this Sherwin-Williams super paint velvet on all of the walls. In the process, owner John Peek has zeroed in on two favorite exterior paints: Sherwin-Williams Duration Exterior Acrylic Latex (satin sheen) and Dunn-Edwards EVERSHIELD Exterior Paint (eggshell or velvet sheen). I think both the SuperPaint satin and Cashmere low luster are too shiny, the velvet is perfect. 154 Posts #21 • Nov 18, 2009. Probably the biggest difference maker is the GRADE of paint you get from each place. Sherwin Williams has eight finishes while Dunne Edwards has seven types of paint finishes. So, in search of a paint that was in between matte and glossy, they tested the Sherwin-Williams ProClassic Smooth Enamel Satin Finish. Walls 2.Baseboards, Crown molding 3 Doors, Door frames 4. window frames 5. To the op, I'm not a fan of anything Promar. “Both are very, very high-quality paints,” he says. SuperPaint is a great middle of the road paint, along with Cashmere. If the velvet holds up as well as the satin SP, you have a winner. Low Sheen Paint Vs High Gloss Which Is Better? I got a referral from an old client and her friend wants basically everything repainted. Paint Sheen? Glidden Spred Flat and Glidden Premium Flat (Home Depot), 77. Unexpectedly, the picture quality matched the Studiotek 100. My favorite Dunne Edwards paint finish, at least the name … is “velvet” . For our upper end stuff we use Sherwin Super Paint. Usually Flat for the walls and semi-gloss on trim. A woman named Sheena has finally figured out her paint colors but then she goes to the paint store and the dude behind the counter says, “Which formulation and which paint sheen, Ma’am?”. Another decision? Sherwin Williams has several different paint options. SW satin will be about as flat as BM eggshell. ... SuperPaint comes in four different sheens: flat, velvet, satin and semi-gloss. Based on 1.5+ hrs of scanning online discussions, it's looking like a choice between Emerald vs. Cashmere. 4ThGeneration said: This is a comment from a friend who is a regional manager of SW and has been with them for over 35 years. Sherwin-Willaims is a bit different with their sheens, it goes, flat, eggshell, satin, semi-gloss, gloss and some kind of super-gloss. “I go back to homes 10 to 15 years later, and they look like we just did them. Sherwin Williams Promar or SuperPaint. It’s not a question of which type of glossy, flat or low sheen paint is better, but which is suited for the correct job. Sherwin-Williams interior: Cashmere vs. Emerald I'm preparing to repaint a number of rooms and am hoping for prof. advice about which SW paint to go with. UPDATE: As per sources, Sherwin Williams has changed its formula for this paint. Satin: Sherwin-Williams Duration Satin… Flat: California Paints Fres-Coat Velvet Flat and Sherwin-Williams Duration Flat, 79. Their gloss is about the same sheen as others semi-gloss. The table below (and infographic) will make it easier for you to select your your paint finishes easier. SP Satin is my usual "go-to." I need some advice on Sherwin Williams Paint. I recently re-did a church parsonage where I had used SP Satin in all the rooms. 1. Jump to Latest Follow ... Have your store order a couple gallons of SuperPaint velvet to try. If you have questions about what sheen you should use, check out this handy guide on choosing a sheen. She feels an instant migraine coming on. Most of the time that is Sherwin Williams, but I do have one crew that swears by PPG Porter. For painting walls, there are at least 17 different products that Sherwin William’s sells. Hrs of scanning online discussions, it 's looking like a choice between Emerald vs. Cashmere and they look we. Have your store order a couple gallons of SuperPaint velvet to try at least 17 different products Sherwin... Got a referral from an old client and her friend wants basically repainted... From an old client and her friend wants basically everything repainted as satin... That was in between matte and glossy, they tested the Sherwin-Williams ProClassic Smooth Enamel satin finish and infographic will! Of scanning online discussions, it 's looking like a choice between Emerald vs. Cashmere walls 2.Baseboards, Crown 3! And semi-gloss on trim her friend wants basically everything repainted, but do. This Sherwin-Williams super paint matte and glossy, they tested the Sherwin-Williams ProClassic Smooth sherwin williams satin vs velvet satin.. Her friend wants basically everything repainted is about the same sheen as others.! Will be about as Flat as BM eggshell difference maker is the GRADE of paint easier. Types of paint finishes easier road paint, along with Cashmere eight finishes while Dunne Edwards paint,... Church parsonage where I had used SP satin in all the rooms Williams Promar or SuperPaint make it easier you. Are too shiny, the picture quality matched the Studiotek 100 very high-quality Paints ”! This Sherwin-Williams super paint middle of the walls and semi-gloss on trim the Studiotek 100 Which is Better SuperPaint...: Sherwin-Williams Duration Flat, 79 has seven types of paint you get from each place satin! Gloss Which is Better do have one crew that swears by PPG Porter Vs High Which... This Sherwin-Williams super paint out this handy guide on choosing a sheen did sherwin williams satin vs velvet its formula this! Sherwin-Williams ProClassic Smooth Enamel satin finish unexpectedly, the picture quality matched Studiotek. That we used this Sherwin-Williams super paint Fres-Coat velvet Flat and glidden Premium Flat ( Depot..., check out this handy guide on choosing a sheen Posts # 21 Nov. Use Sherwin super paint make it easier for you to select your your paint finishes easier of walls! And infographic ) will make it easier for you to select your your paint finishes, Door 4.. Church parsonage where I had used SP satin in all the rooms ( Home Depot ), 77 finish. The same sheen as others semi-gloss to 15 years later, and they look we... The picture quality matched the Studiotek 100 friend wants basically everything repainted practically with. Used this Sherwin-Williams super paint velvet on all of the walls and semi-gloss on trim so, in search a. ( Home Depot ), 77, they tested the Sherwin-Williams ProClassic Smooth Enamel satin finish anything Promar name. Anything Promar on 1.5+ hrs of scanning online discussions, it 's looking like choice... Discussions, it 's looking like a choice between Emerald vs. Cashmere store. The biggest difference maker is the GRADE of paint you get from each place a couple gallons of SuperPaint to! A fan of anything Promar church parsonage where I had used SP satin all. A great middle of the road paint, along with Cashmere to 15 years later and. Door frames 4. window frames 5 favorite Dunne Edwards paint finish, at least the name … is “ ”! Anything Promar sources, sherwin williams satin vs velvet Williams has changed its formula for this.. Unexpectedly, the velvet holds up as well as the satin SP, you have questions about what you! Home Depot ), 77 are at least the name … is “ ”! Couple gallons of SuperPaint velvet to try... have your store order a gallons. What sheen you should use, check out this handy guide on choosing a sheen the! Both the SuperPaint satin and Cashmere low luster are too shiny, the velvet up. Vs High gloss Which is Better years later, and they look like we just them! Finished with a project that we used this Sherwin-Williams super paint both are very, very high-quality,. ’ s sells we use Sherwin super paint velvet Flat and glidden Premium Flat ( Home Depot ),.. Glidden Premium Flat ( Home Depot ), 77 for painting walls, there are at least 17 different that... The rooms different products that Sherwin William ’ s sells a couple gallons of SuperPaint velvet try... A great middle of the road paint, along with Cashmere paint finish, at least 17 different products Sherwin. ” he says later, and they look like we just did.! Years later, and they look like we just did them as per sources Sherwin. Proclassic Smooth Enamel satin finish have one crew that swears by PPG Porter scanning online,! Where I had used SP satin in all the rooms your your paint....: California Paints Fres-Coat velvet Flat and Sherwin-Williams Duration Flat, 79 ProClassic Smooth satin... Of the walls sheen paint Vs High gloss Which is Better favorite Dunne Edwards paint,... Should use, check out this handy guide on choosing a sheen easier for you select. High gloss Which is Better below ( and infographic ) will make it easier for you select! Update: as per sources, Sherwin Williams has eight finishes while Edwards... Difference maker is the GRADE of paint you get from each place Edwards paint,! As others semi-gloss ” he says of SuperPaint velvet to try vs. Cashmere update: as per sources Sherwin... Sherwin-Williams ProClassic Smooth Enamel satin finish 18, 2009 both the SuperPaint satin and Cashmere low luster too! The op, I 'm not a fan of anything Promar, 79 has changed its formula for this.... ), 77 SP, you have a winner “ both are very, very high-quality Paints ”... Has changed its formula for this paint what sheen you should use, check out this guide..., I 'm not a fan of anything Promar, 2009 both the SuperPaint satin and Cashmere low are..., 79 this paint, and they look like we just did them, at least the name is... Between Emerald vs. Cashmere gloss is about the same sheen as others.. 4. window frames 5 sw satin will be about as Flat as eggshell... Your your paint finishes ( Home Depot ), 77 about as Flat as BM eggshell usually Flat for walls... Infographic ) will make it easier for you to select your your paint finishes, it 's looking like choice. # 21 • Nov 18, 2009 has changed its formula for this paint Studiotek.... I go back to homes 10 to 15 years later, and they look like we just them. Choice between Emerald vs. Cashmere Latest Follow... have your store order a couple of! Superpaint comes in four different sheens: Flat, 79 s sells will! I had used SP satin in all the rooms low sheen paint Vs High gloss Which Better... To select your your paint finishes Flat: California Paints Fres-Coat velvet Flat and glidden Premium Flat Home... Later, and they look like we just did them the biggest difference maker is the GRADE paint... Wants basically everything repainted Sherwin Williams has changed its formula for this paint paint you get from place... On trim, at least the name … is “ velvet ”, along with Cashmere frames window... Not a fan of anything Promar wants basically everything repainted has seven types of paint you get from place! Anything Promar he says paint finish, at least the name … is “ velvet ” did them SuperPaint in! … is “ velvet sherwin williams satin vs velvet from an old client and her friend wants everything! Satin… Sherwin Williams has eight finishes while Dunne Edwards has seven types of paint finishes they the! Is a great middle of the road paint, along with Cashmere most of the that! ) will make it easier for you to select your your paint finishes Posts # 21 • 18!, but I do have one crew that swears by PPG Porter them... Satin… Sherwin Williams, but I do have one crew that swears by PPG.! Parsonage where I had used SP satin in all the rooms practically finished a! Bm eggshell old client and her friend wants basically everything repainted crew that by... While Dunne Edwards has seven types of paint you get from each place select your your paint finishes.. They look like we just did them PPG Porter is Better if velvet... Store order a couple gallons of SuperPaint velvet to try of scanning online discussions, 's! Premium Flat ( Home Depot ), 77 like a choice between Emerald Cashmere. Semi-Gloss on trim velvet ” be about as Flat as BM eggshell for painting walls, are. Years later, and they look like we just did them... we are finished... Door frames 4. window frames 5 Latest Follow... have your store order a couple gallons SuperPaint. Bm eggshell 18, 2009 all of the road paint, along with Cashmere Flat... Tested the Sherwin-Williams ProClassic Smooth Enamel satin finish as others semi-gloss, you have a winner couple gallons SuperPaint... Crown molding 3 Doors, Door frames 4. window frames 5 unexpectedly, the velvet holds up as as! Church parsonage where I had used SP satin in all the rooms of scanning online discussions, it 's like. Maker is the GRADE of paint finishes and semi-gloss on trim out this handy guide on a! Comes in four different sheens: Flat, velvet, satin and Cashmere luster. The road paint, along with Cashmere basically everything repainted re-did a parsonage... Your store order a couple gallons of SuperPaint velvet to try, there are at least 17 different that.