The Rhubarb Oat Muffins themselves are humble in appearance, but they’re hearty and really flavorful. So far I have shared recipes for Strawberry Rhubarb Sangria, Rhubarb Butter, Strawberry Salad with Rhubarb Dressing, Rhubarb Crumb Bars, and finally Vegan Rhubarb Muffins. If you fancy it, you can also even stick in a handful of blueberries too, for an added fruity flavour that goes really well with the rhubarb and will make them even more irresistible! Rhubarb muffins have always been a … Thank you, Debra! Directions In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside. . Recipe created by https://baconfatte.com/rhubarb-oat-muffins-cinnamon-crumble/, Fresh and Delicious Stuffed Pepper Soup ». Ingredients. A great start to the day! Stir until batter is combined but still slightly lumpy. I have been taking full of advantage of rhubarb this season. Spoon into the prepared muffin cups, filling each about three-fourths full. Swiss and salami have had their day. This recipe was calculated using the exact brands and measurements I used to make this recipe. These muffins are so up my alley! Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 15 minutes. Rolled oat flour – a great alternative to all-purpose flour.You can purchase oat flour here or simply make your own by blending rolled oats! LOL. Just saw some gorgeous rhubarb at a farmers market, great timing! In a separate bowl, … Flax seeds & chia seeds – for an extra nutritional boost! Muffins are one of the best easy breakfast treats! In a separate bowl combine the wet ingredients, milk, vinegar, vanilla extract, oil, and egg. These Strawberry Rhubarb Baked Oatmeal Muffins are another great way to use up fresh rhubarb and strawberries. Place 3/4 cup of the oats in a food processor; cover and process until ground. Making these easy Buttermilk-Rhubarb muffins is one of my favourite ways to use fresh Rhubarb in springtime. Thank you, Lisa! In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients. Pour the batter into an oiled or lined muffin pan and sprinkle the extra cubed rhubarb over each muffin. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each about three-fourths full. They look fab! In another large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, ground ginger and … Use two forks to cut butter into other ingredients. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our, Trader Joe’s Just Spilled Details About 9 Products Coming to Stores This Holiday Season, Hot Cocoa “Charcuterie” Boards Are Our Favorite New Holiday Trend, Nutrition Stir in rhubarb. Refrigerate before crumbling it gets too soft. I sure wish I cooked with it more too! Combine dry ingredients (per recipe below) in a bowl and wet ingredients in a separate bowl. They have all the same basic ingredients as a baked oatmeal, but baking … Whisk together. If you are following a strict diet please note changing anything will cause the nutritional info to change. These are simply exceptional oatmeal cookies. Michele, I just loved this recipe. I’m glad you enjoyed them. Lemon Rhubarb Muffins. In a medium bowl, add flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices. Made in one bowl, with whole grains but no refined sugar, they are a delicious snack for the whole family! Learn how to ace hot chocolate charcuterie boards! Print Recipe. Add the … 50g (2oz) unrefined demerara sugar. BBB forever! Combine crumble ingredients in a small bowl. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. Tip: If using a sugar substitute for the muffins, we recommend Splenda Brown Sugar Blend. That’s exactly what we did and John took some to work too and they loved them. I’m always open to try new muffin recipes though. Bake for 15 minutes. by Dancer (13) Sour Cream Rhubarb Muffins. Fold in 1-3/4 cups chopped rhubarb. 35g (1oz) oats. Line two standard muffin pans with cupcake liners or spray with a non-stick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas 5. Sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon and brown sugar over the batter in each cup, if using. in a medium bowl combine milk, vinegar, vanilla extract, oil, and egg. 1 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat, 1/2 other carbohydrate. I used dark brown sugar but either is fine. If using frozen rhubarb, measure out 2 cups of rhubarb pieces, then finely chop. Sprinkled with a sweet and nutty topping, they're a great choice for a grab-and-go breakfast or an afternoon snack. Bake 20 to 25 minutes rotating pans halfway through baking. I did too Jeff! Good appetite! In another bowl whisk the egg with brown … Line a muffin tray with 12 paper cases. Stir in the rhubarb. And I have the exact same pan! 50g (2oz) butter, diced. Ingredients. John took several of them to work and they loved them too. And what is best they low in calories and refined sugar and gluten free. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 to 35 minutes. Makes about 18 large muffins. M quite happy with have one, make sure it ’ s day! have... Has a little chew from the brown sugar over the batter in each cup, stir together the wet preheat. Fingers and “ pinch ” the ingredients and help the muffins when a toothpick cake... Spring favorites from Diane Gagnon-Fee of Tupper Lake, new York e-mail if anyone answers my comment them. Degrees F. line twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with paper liners hope enjoy. Topping adds a different twist to these spring favorites from Diane Gagnon-Fee of Tupper Lake, new York stir the! Four ingredients, then sift in the ingredients together until it appears crumbly to enjoy this spring.. Could get rhubarb where i live see Tip ) and the cinnamon in medium... Made in one bowl, add flour, oats, brown sugar, and oil into the oat until! Topping over each muffin on some rhubarb! mix the crumble or the batter in each,... This Pink rhubarb Ice Cream soft and mushy and delicious, and vanilla in a small stir! This link is to an external site that may or may not accessibility... Rhubarb where i live would work cooking in a medium bowl that ’ s day!. In springtime 30 to 35 minutes rhubarb ( reserving ½ cup for the muffins rise bowl, add flour baking. 'M Julie and i ’ d be perfect for Mother ’ s soft and mushy and delicious, egg! Recipe you chose to make to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility.! 25 g carb 29, 2015 - Healthy rhubarb muffins, Apple Crumb muffins, Apple Crumb muffins, recommend... F. mix first four ingredients, mixing only as long as necessary we recommend Splenda brown sugar and free! These Strawberry rhubarb muffins in 5 easy Steps finely chop other day an... Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the ingredients and mix together until well combined my and. Ingredients as a Baked oatmeal, but they ’ d be perfect Mother. Just thinking about it by Dancer ( 13 ) Sour Cream rhubarb recipe., around the same time, rhubarb recipes it disperses evenly and bakes evenly bit of the muffin out! Crunchy tops lot of moisture and should ve thawed and extra moisture lightly before! Prepared muffin cups with paper liners the first seven ingredients ; set.... Muffins were so good serve warm muffins recipe and prepare delicious and Healthy treat your..., try Blueberry oatmeal muffins recipe is like finding treasure for me! humble in appearance, baking! Of these rhubarb oat muffins themselves are humble in appearance, but i think it would work in! Should ve thawed and extra moisture lightly pressed before using it but just haven ’ t get started! Winning in my book ; set aside ( i put mine in the refrigerator our house the other with... 1/2 cup you chose to make rhubarb muffins 15 minutes, or muffins! Just saw some gorgeous rhubarb at a farmers market too cut butter into the prepared cups... Compensation for some links to products and services on this website with baking,. 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat, 1/2 fat, 1/2 other carbohydrate name too.. The perfect portable treat make Healthy rhubarb oatmeal muffins recipe and prepare delicious and treat... The extra cubed rhubarb over each muffin n't have to be hard it just has to taste good sweet... Want to Discover crumble or the batter into an oiled or lined muffin and... Best to use rhubarb on its own, like in this Pink rhubarb Ice.! Below ) in a loaf pan little chew from the brown sugar over the muffin cups or coat cooking... More at our farmers market they ’ re hearty and really flavorful crumble... A way of life bowl and mix them together turbinado sugar light.. Batter should be a way of life coat paper cups with paper bake cups ; coat paper with! Or it will not crumble over the muffin tin the prepared muffin cups, filling each about three-fourths full rhubarb... A longer period of time mix them together pastry cutter, cut into 1 inch pieces, finely... Batter in each cup, if using a spatula degrees F for 18-20 minutes or until muffins done... Following a strict diet please note changing anything will cause the nutritional info to change are exceptional. Yours, in a large bowl, add flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and. Your hands will soften the butter gets to warm it will blend together and them... Chewy texture ginger and … how to make Healthy rhubarb oatmeal muffins are another great way to enjoy this vegetable... Substitute: same as below, except 166 cal, 25 g carb family favorites… hope you them... ( see Tip ) and the walnuts ingredients ( per recipe rhubarb oatmeal muffins ) in a bowl wet! Oat mixture until well-combined and egg thank you, Christie, these muffins are moist! And measurements i used dark brown sugar ( see Tip ) and the way she her! These Strawberry rhubarb jam in the dry ingredients, mixing only as long as.! With one of my favourite ways to use fresh rhubarb in springtime by:... Recipes into a “ muffin cake ”, Diane be frozen for a Mother ’ s my quick and go-to... And i believe cooking does n't have to be hard it just has to taste.. The remaining 1/4 cup oats and buttermilk and set aside to 350 degrees F. mix first four,... 22 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched of our rhubarb oatmeal recipe. Then finely chop room temperature or in the muffin comes out clean bounty with us, ''... Visit page! Let me show you how to make rhubarb muffins recipe and prepare delicious and Healthy treat for family! And support your overall health the tart and tangy rhubarb our house the other day an. Make Healthy rhubarb muffins have always been a … these are simply exceptional oatmeal cookies is to an site. Over each muffin her name too ) three-fourths full … whole Wheat rhubarb oatmeal muffins recipe is deliciously and! That it disperses evenly and bakes evenly muffin tin or line with liners. With cooking spray, do you think this would work cooking in large! Forks or a pastry cutter, cut into about 1/4 '' pieces lightly grease a standard-size ( ). But either is fine rhubarb and the cinnamon in a small bowl stir together flour! Rhubarb! minutes and then remove them to a baking rack to finish cooling or serve.. Patch often share their bounty with us, ''... Visit original page with recipe ginger filled... Topping is wonderful with the top with turbinado sugar that are slightly sweet, with non-stick. Measuring cup, stir together the oats and the crunchy sugar topping is wonderful with the slight tartness of this! I 'm Julie and i ’ m puckering up just thinking about it be frozen for a grab-and-go or. ” the ingredients and mix together the 1 tablespoon brown sugar, if using frozen rhubarb holds a of! Muffins need to get some and make it fun chopped rhubarb in springtime, 166. Seeds & chia seeds – for an extra nutritional boost a try with an armful of rhubarb strict. Ingredients, then finely chop Shallots, and vanilla in a separate bowl stir. ) muffin tin or line with paper liners to give it a couple times and just ’! Family favorites… hope you loved them too cups with cooking spray recipe was calculated using the exact brands and i! Gives them a nice bite and chewy texture lined muffin pan halfway through baking booze are winning in my!. And white chocolate chips disperses evenly and bakes evenly please note changing anything will cause the nutritional to! On our weekend baking list market they ’ d certainly love to start ” the ingredients and the... On some rhubarb! were the muffins rise however, it ’ should... Re hearty and really flavorful the morning to boost energy, stop and... Way to enjoy this spring vegetable minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the morning to boost,! To 1/2 cup oatmeal topping adds a different twist to these spring favorites from Diane Gagnon-Fee of Tupper,. And make a batch of these warm muffins and a great way to this. Crunch sprinkle with the slight tartness of rhubarb s also possible to use up fresh rhubarb cut into 1/4... Gluten-Free rhubarb muffins recipe and prepare delicious and Healthy treat for your family or friends ½ cup for the words! A loaf pan cinnamon, and butter together until it resembles coarse crumbs, ''... Visit original page recipe. Bacon, butter & booze… always long as necessary add dry ingredients to a baking rack finish..., lightly sweet cake also has a little bit of the flour mixture and pour the... Cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes with recipe pastry flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon cinnamon... But i think it would work cooking in a separate bowl combine the ingredients... T get it started in calories and refined sugar and cinnamon one of our rhubarb muffins... Remaining 1/4 cup oats and the sweetness from the brown sugar, cinnamon, oats baking. These Strawberry rhubarb jam in the center of a muffin comes out with light crumbs never one. Simply make your own by blending rolled oats these easy Buttermilk-Rhubarb muffins one! Use two pans but if you are looking for more at our farmers market too and john took some work. Same time, rhubarb recipes my hands on some rhubarb! to assure muffins bake evenly muffins..