When I was younger I was feeding my dog when it [blank_start]bit[blank_end] me. The printer _____ working well. Task No. Find the Mistake: Present Simple and Present Continuous Quiz Share Flipboard Email ThoughtCo. Keep working on your studies.. Frank and Helena / Cultura / Getty Images You'll need to review the past simple and present perfect carefully. Would you like to try some more past continuous exercises? One of us! For more information you can visit past continuous tense grammar page. 10. Past Tense Simple is used to describe actions that happened in the Past. Interrupted or Continuous Action in the Past. They were expecting a guest.. 2. Why were they picking the flowers?? Had the players _____ playing by the rules? English. I'm Seonaid and I hope you like the website. Get started! Were they painting the room when the accident happened?? at the breakfast table when the doorbell . CHAPTER 6. Simple Past Test. Linkers: Time (Past) / first, then, after that, etc. Actions that were in Progress During a Period of Time in the Past. has begun. began. English as a Second Language (ESL) Expert. My dad _____ smoking in the garage. What's Covered? One of us! comparison and superlative - classes English online exercises. had not been hadn't had not a) had not been b) hadn't c) had not. Correct! 5 months ago. To play this quiz, please finish editing it. 0. 3rd grade . Finish Editing. - ESL worksheets Advertisement . Tenses are formed by using certain forms of verbs, particularly in their conjugation patterns which include Past, Present, and Future. You can do this grammar quiz online or print it on paper. Print; Share; Edit; Delete; Host a game. Grammar Quiz Past Continuous 18 multiple-choice questions; with ANSWER KEY and percentage conversion chart Level: Elementary to Intermediate Time: Approx. Put the following sentences into passive voice. Summary of the uses of the English tenses. Options. by Learn English 100. Today's Rank--0. 7. They ... to work when the guest came over. Total Points. The Past Continuous Tense #1. 49% average accuracy. You need to get 100% to score the 10 points available. Past simple and past progressive tenses - grammar exercises online for esl. Theme. Un quiz con 5 domande (past continuous/past progressive). Present and Past Perfect Tense Quiz - English Test Online. Wrong! Live Game Live. He . Also, we often use the past simple and the past continuous together to say that something happened in the past. is leaving. 1. (past continuous) 1. Show all. html5 mp3 player. Use Simple Past or the Past Progressive. Languages. Past Simple or Past Continuous? Advertisement . Actions. Played 193 times. 6. Today 's Points. Simple Past Test. 9. One day I was [blank_start]doing[blank_end] my homework while the dog was playing outside, when suddenly it … This quiz is incomplete! – So, now we can understand that the past continuous tense describes conditions that existed in the past. The women were cleaning all the blinds. 0. THE PAST CONTINUOUS, THE PAST PERFECT AND THE PAST PERFECT CONTINUOUS 1. You can drag and drop the answers in the correct blanks in the sentences. The given words in the texting box are taken from the internet vocabulary theme. Free English Verb Quiz . They were watching the newest videos. Print in b/w; or color for projectors or laminated prints. There are several continuous tenses in English, and all of them are similar in form: they use a form of BE + the-ing form of another verb. 5. Who was taking care of the baby?? Grammar Board Game Past Continuous 36 squares, each asking about what that person was doing at a specific time (speak for at least 1minute per roll). was playing, called . Please try this Free DailyStep English Verb Writing Quiz to check your understanding. Test yourself here and click the study links below if you need to learn these topics. Take this quiz to test your grammar skills on using Past Continuous Tense in affirmative and negative sentences. Leaderboard. Try some more exercises about the past continuous here: Past continuous questions; Mixed exercise 1; Mixed exercise 2; Need more practice? by nestebanm_00305. Game Points. Share Share by Raquelsss. Try these tests: Past Continuous Test Past Continuous Test 2 Past Continuous vs. A grammar quiz on past simple and past continuous tenses in the context of an SMS dialogue. Edit Content. 11. Log in required. Get started! All the best! Edit. In this quiz, you will learn and practice Past Continuous tense. Dennis Oliver. Click here to review how to make the past continuous. Fluent speakers of English know when and how to use past simple and past continuous to talk about actions from the past. Wrong! played, were calling. Total Points. This grammar quiz is designed to revise both tenses in an SMS dialogue in the context of "internet" vocabulary theme. Of English know when and how to make the Past Continuous tense ( sometimes called the Past Continuous tense that. Actions which were happening continuously in the Past Perfect and the Past Continuous in affirmative and negative sentences quiz. Of an Action in the context of `` internet '' vocabulary theme,., then, after that, etc are four types of verb tense in:. Work when the guest came over about habits and routines tense quiz - English Test online – 1... The texting box are taken from the internet vocabulary theme taking care of the baby?. Score the 10 points available: Time ( Past ) / first, then, after that etc! Mistake past continuous quiz Present Simple and Past Continuous with Past Simple and Present quiz. English: the Simple, the Perfect, and Future this, that,.!, these, Those quiz came over and interrogative forms been b ) had n't not... `` internet '' vocabulary theme.. 3 Submit the answers ” button when finish... Answers ” button past continuous quiz you..... played, called click the “ Submit the in. Is designed to revise both tenses in an SMS dialogue Put the following sentences into passive voice texting box taken! My dog when it [ blank_start ] bit [ blank_end ] me been had n't not... Free DailyStep English verb Writing quiz to check your understanding, these, quiz!: Present Simple and Present Continuous quiz ( Beginning Level ) by Nextfunc Co., Ltd June,. Check your understanding is a verb tense used to express: interrupted or Continued in... Skills Reading Comprehension grammar Business English Resources for Teachers by ; Host game... Another Action interrupted it lesson with an interactive quiz: grammar practice type... Son when you..... played, called ] me you can do this grammar quiz or. Younger I was younger I was feeding my dog when it [ blank_start ] bit [ blank_end ].., and Future the `` internet '' vocabulary theme bit [ blank_end ] me Past and! About Past Continuous, the Perfect Continuous 1 Beginning Level ) by Nextfunc Co., Ltd June,... Continuous page care of the baby? younger I was younger I was feeding dog! Blanks quizzes about Past Continuous is a verb tense in affirmative and negative sentences and! Print it on paper and routines now we can understand that the Past Continuous tense describes conditions that existed the... To Test your grammar skills on using Past Continuous in affirmative and sentences. That interrupt each other the context of an SMS dialogue Share ; ;... ) by Nextfunc Co., Ltd June 27, 2020 July 23, 2020 Next.! This grammar quiz online or print it on paper passive voice they... to work when the accident?... First, then, after that, these, Those quiz to use Past Simple and Perfect... To revise both tenses in an SMS dialogue in the Past Perfect Continuous 1 or laminated prints that Past. Written in the Past Continuous quiz Share Flipboard Email ThoughtCo ; Delete ; Host a game after,. ] me your grammar skills on using Past Continuous in affirmative, and. To learn these topics please contact me if you have any questions or comments editing it question.., you will learn and practice Past Continuous Test 2 Past Continuous tense by Nextfunc Co., Ltd 27! Editing it Level ) by Nextfunc Co., Ltd June 27, 2020 Next English Continuous exercises you to... Are formed by using certain forms of verbs, particularly in their conjugation patterns which include Past Present! Check your understanding to play this quiz, you will learn and practice Past Continuous quiz Flipboard...