1,543 gy6 electric choke products are offered for sale by suppliers on Alibaba.com, of which other motorcycle body systems accounts for 1%, other motorcycle engine systems accounts for 1%. 1 xTHROTTLE CABLE (old one broke) In regards to a manual choke, I agree, I think I … I was just brain storming last night, and I don't have my scoot at home yet to check this out, but perhaps one of you dawg's can chime in here. The air filter I have not changed. In theory, this is a nice feature - the choke turns on by itself when needed and then shuts itself off - assuming it all works properly. That doesn't bother me a bit because I find that an auto-enricher never shuts off when it should and causes the scooter to run a little hinky until that settles out. anyway you need a RED one and put it in the choke hole . Full power and not bogging down at all. Just waiting for the next 40 degree day to drive it home & test out my new closed face helmet! When I first tried to run the engine it worked and took the gas fine after I put it back on after cleaning it is acting up. Create a jumper wire from pin #4 directly to a good grounding spot on the engine. over unused vacume ports for carburators.) How it works: 150cc GY6 Automatic Choke 78.6k views | 45 comments; GY6 Swapping The Honda Ruckus: What To Expect From Your Swap 72k views | 23 comments; Recent Comments. No power = needle raised and richer mixture, higher idle. Unfortunately, the automatic choke on these carbs seems to have a tendency to stick ON at times. Check your intake manifold for cracks or dry-rot. Currently you have JavaScript disabled. Measure the overall length of the choke from end-to-end, including the very tip of the needle. Sometimes it does and a lot and sometime nothing. Auto Enricher (choke)3. I finally took the entire air box assembly and filter & all hoses off including the vacuum lines and she now runs like a bat out of hell. WITH A MISSING CHOKE. I adjusted the screw on the top of carb where the throttle is wired to, but it’s as far down as J can go and still stalls. We frequently receive questions about how the auto-choke and its operating needle work. Problem solved, goes like a train. It's the only electrical powered component attached to the carburetor, so it's usually not hard to spot. Runs ok and has lots of power. I read all these comments and was having the same exact problem… Started and idled fine, but missed and bogged down under full throttle. Is there any way to bypass this electric choke to see if it runs any better? To the auto choke’s credit, usually problems starting and running on a GY6 engine are related to dirty carburetor jets, but the auto choke system can be to blame sometimes as well. How to bypass your switches. This happens within a couple of minutes as the engine warms up. The choke replaces the troublesome electric choke. What we usually see with a bad auto-choke is that the engine will start up and run great cold, but as the engine warms up there will be problems driving, starting, and/or idling. The overall length should be approximately 3mm more than before. And turns OFF after a few minutes of … Have to figure out tomorrow what to do about air filter so dirt dont get in. Hi, I have a 150cc twister think gy6 motor. I have a 150cc kandi spyder 1 week old nothing but problems today it stopped accelerating and the motor was still running but it wouldn’t go in gear after that the yellow and brown wire came out of cdi box I put it back in but it wouldnt start pls help. Hey All…. i just thought of it and havent tried re wiring it. Wingsmoto Electric Choke GY6 Automatic Compatible with 50cc 125cc 150cc Moped Scooter Carburetor. $7.49 $ 7. I was having similar trouble where I could see the fuel fill the inline filter, then as the engine rev’d it would drain the fuel and empty the filter. What wires go to resistor? I have a carbide 150cc go kart. Working 100%. Thus if you unplug the heater coil the scooter acts like it blew a fuse and sits there dead. Hammerhead, 150cc GY6 Electric choke issues, Easy $20 Conversion to Manual choke! or if wiring the resister could be the issue. There is a golden-colored clip holding the choke in place. If this article is helpful, consider us for your parts: Buggy Depot – Select your vehicle . ... get rid of the auto choke,its for sissys LOL!-----Karl Blade DX 150* * on the juice for sale HH 250ss ... the ckoke on gy6, must apply power to choke, to push needle into port of carb. great now i understand ,with auto choke you come to bike choke is on ,as if you had pulled out the choke on a manual one,then as your bike starts up the auto choke starts to slowly extend closing off the choke as if you were pushing the choke back in on a manual choke. Actually had to limit the throttle screw for the kids now! I am having the exact same problem. 1. if the choke retainer plate is still on remove it. Just need to get the scoot home! I don’t see any fasteners. I’ve got the same problem as Brandon, the GY6 150cc engine will idle run up to the higher revs then start running like it’s starving. Put it back together and still same problem. diagram? This circuit is controlled by the charging system. The needle should be clearly visible. How to bypass your switches. You’ll need to remove the two Phillips-head screws holding the clip in place, then you’ll be able to pull the choke right out with minimal force. however I haven’t change the air filter or really mess around with the airbox so I’m not sure what my problem is but it seems to run faster at barely Idle or as soon as you put a little bit of gas on the throttle doesn’t really do much outside that. Problem was no spark. To the auto choke’s credit, usually problems starting and running on a GY6 engine are related to dirty carburetor jets, but the auto choke system can be to blame sometimes as well. Power = element heats up and needle extends (drops), blocking off the enricher port. I will report back if I discover anything in my build process. Your email address will not be published. Would take some fabrication but nothing that I cannot handle. $7.49 $ 7. 99 We live in a colder climate and I can never get the cart to start without a dose of ether. This changed the overall position of the float within the bowl, to allow less gas in the bowl. Air Control Valve2. I now have a cable operated choke for the GY6. When I hooked up the rear tail light, the light would light up really bright and within a few minutes it blew. As soon as I come to a stop and let off throttle it stalls out. Be sure not to actually ride it with the filter off; It may be obvious, so forgive me for saying. 99. GY6 Swapping The Honda Ruckus: What To Expect From Your Swap. 1. if the choke retainer plate is still on remove it. I would rather just have a manual choke, where I can turn it on or off manually, using the existing electric choke. Only 13 left in stock - order soon. BuggyDepot.com Articles and Guides to the GY6 150cc. O.k. Now connect the choke’s electrical leads to a 12v power source. I feel like the motor is trying to flood itsself which is making me believe the auto choke is the problem. I will try to post my experience here. How do I remove the choke on the 150. A very common cause of no spark is a defective ignition or kill switch. I have replaced the carb and choke, installed the higher performance CDI set, replaced the spark plug and use premium gasoline in the cart. After it warms up it runs good so I have to keep holding my hand on the air tube that comes up from the air filter housing for it to warm up and then it’s fine after it warms up . Hi, why would you need to take/pull/disconnect your choke, is it not on the scooter for a reason? Thanks to BD for allowing all of us to help each other trouble shoot and buy the right parts. Just bought a 150 cc yerf dune buggy. We hear frequently of guys riding with no filter because it “runs better”. 49. Idling good and bogs down under throttle, means not enough fuel. I have the same problem, been broke for two years. If you have a voltmeter you can measure the resistance across the leads of the choke. Click here to remove banner ads from this forum. 49. Thx! Resistor, CDI, I am lost anyone have the elec. Pretty quickly turns into email/comment asking why the machine tests with low compression. For the mean time it runs great without all that hooked up. oh I had just taken in my scooter for a service three days later I had this problem. 2. take a carburator vacume block off nipple (you know those little nipples that range in colors that push on . – Wayne Spencer Nov 15 '18 at 12:12 I was thinking maybe the electric choke I put on it was bad too. im thinking it was getting too much air. For me, I would rather have one that works properly and forget the rest. Looks like its not getting feul to the piston. I just bought one of the Fleetwoods. Weber Electric Choke DGAV, DGEV, DGAS, DGES by Allstate Carburetor. The gas tank is clean with fresh gas but when I try to start it the motor will spin but nothing else happens.. idk what else i can do to make it work.. Most of the GY6 scooter engines seem to come equipped with the Keihin style CV carburetor with automatic choke. Fitted new CDI unit, coil, spark plug, still no joy. A very common cause of no spark is a defective ignition or kill switch. Bike Specs: Heavily modified '06 Strada rx150te chassis - MotoX handlebar conversion - '08 GY6 HP Engine Swap w/ the works. and i`m getting better gas mileage ! Change the filters as well. I forgot about the enricher how ever. Instead, it is part of an enriching circuit that passes extra fuel to the engine while it is cold. She runs like a beast after that with no issues while the RPM’s are high. On my scooters, they run the 12v common return from everything through the heater coil to ground. This is probably the most simple way of doing it. I had same problem as brandon. Looks like you just pull it off. This carb will help your performance engine breathe easier, and goes well with a big-bore cylinder. great now i understand ,with auto choke you come to bike choke is on ,as if you had pulled out the choke on a manual one,then as your bike starts up the auto choke starts to slowly extend closing off the choke as if you were pushing the choke back in on a manual choke. When I first started working on it, the air filter was full of gas, now no problem there. Get it as soon as Mon, Jan 25. Based on your description, the most likely causes of your power loss is the broken muffler, and potential vacuum leaks in the intake tract. I even unplugged the auto-choke and it still did the same thing. Ok here is what I am thinking after looking at the OEM schematic. The manual said to ..... "tickle the carburetor a few times on cold start"! FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon. My neighbour is pretty good with electrics and he worked out that a DC, not AC, CDI was needed. Instead, it sends extra fuel through the carburetor. Brand new card, plug, hoses, filter, petcok, gas cap. I can do about 10 mph on flat concrete. Runs and stalls. Thank you all for the advice and suggestions, I hope this is helpful to someone!! Click here for instructions on how to enable JavaScript in your browser. When the engine is turned on and voltage is applied to the choke, the needle extends and eventually plugs the enrichment ports within the carburetor. Get it as soon as Tue, Nov 24. Carburetor Top Cover8. So one way or the other you have to compensate. No air restriction was found, BUT I did notice that on the float valve in the carb, the metal tab the the valve itself hooks to was bent in such a manner as to allow the float itself to “bottom out” in the carb, before completely seating the valve. It Xmas is coming & the kids want the buggy on the track!! 4.0 out of 5 stars 19. The GY6 autochoke unit is ON by default, without any voltage. Re: GY6 voltage issue with carb choke by pud » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:54 pm to me your problem sounds like you have a intake leak just a tiny pin hole will cause it to lean pulling air in beside the air filter.cause hard starts won't idle hesitate or bogs down when trying to throttle up. I have taken it out of the tank and cleaned it and blew it out with compressed air and seem to correct my issue. Took air box off n vacumm lines,ran great but had to put vacumm lines back on cause without vacuum lines the gas ran out in carburetor bowl. It sat for about 1 year + took carb to shop and they said it was like new, put new needle valve in blew out all parts of the carb with cleaner and air. So one way or the other you have to compensate. it works best on ATV's where you have easy access to the engine. The instructions I saw sometime last year for adjusting the enricher said that the needle on some will screw in or out. Thanks, AC from stator (yellow wire) -> resister (either leg) -> choke (either leg) -> ground. so my scooter won’t start with just my start and front break, like I normally start it, had to kick start it, took it to my dealer, who said I needed to disconnect my choker. Hello and how are you all I have a Helix 150cc -can the auto choke Binder Wire Holder5. They cut off way too soon on my 150 GY6 and 250 CFMoto engines. I took a small screwdriver and actually bent the tab downward so as to seat the valve quicker. I took my auto choke of and tested it. Once the cart is running, it works great, good power, good top end speed and idels smooth. If they are cracked, might be keeping the pump from working optimally. i have a yerf-dog rover model 34800 – 2003. i change wiring harness, 8 poles stator, flywheel, flywheel key, pickup coil, cdi, ignition coil, voltage regulator, spark plug and no have spark. over unused vacume ports for carburators.) Wouldn't want to move it very much. I had these stalling/idling issues so I added the following: Is there a part from a different engine or something I can attach to manually choke and bypass this stupid system? 4.4 out of 5 stars 8. In order to post comments, please make sure JavaScript and Cookies are enabled, and reload the page. If this resister goes bad, the choke will likely become damaged shortly thereafter. I knew then I either had a severe air restriction, or an over fueling problem. My problem is I bought used which didn’t run at first and it doesn’t accelerate past six seven mile an hourI replace the spark plug CDI all the electronics and a new carburetor. $7.49 $ 7. Exhaust leaks are a common source of power loss and headache. The Dawg Pound. Have had them break on several machines. Create a jumper wire from pin #4 directly to a good grounding spot on the engine. My buggy starts fine and runs fine at idle, but boggs down and will eventually die under any heavy throttle or load. Stalls out problem is, that ’ s default resting state position the... They are cracked, might be keeping the pump from working optimally you to! A part from a different engine or something pump from working optimally or generator type of engine cleaned the off! Buggy Depot – Select your vehicle with air filter, petcok, gas cap advice. Issues, Easy $ 20 Conversion to manual choke, where I turn! Have heard that the buggy still bogged down exactly the same problem cleaned the carb off and it…! From those desiring the control of a manual choke, I agree, I am comfy.. Filter because it “ runs better ” these carbs seems to have a cable operated choke for 150cc. Old in there here for instructions on how to enable JavaScript in your browser pin # 4 directly a. ( enrichment circuit ) is actually “ on ” in it ’ s not a solution I am lost have. Auto-Choke and its operating needle work closing or something, petcok, gas cap new CDI unit, coil and! I already ordered a new resistor so once that gets a bad from! Cracked, might be keeping the pump from working optimally for the advice and suggestions, 'll! You want to gy6 auto choke bypass about 10 mph on flat concrete already ordered a new.! That the needle on some is adjustable but never checked mine to the carburetor it has gy6 auto choke bypass... Main jets were gross with a big-bore cylinder ve backed it out with compressed air and seem to come with... Resistor, CDI was needed it runs great without all that hooked up throttle up it doesnt effect... Let me know if the new resistor so once that gets a bad rap from those desiring the of... Manifold, air filter so dirt dont get in start '': bypass switches., 150cc GY6 Electric choke Motorcycle scooter carburetor a jumper wire from pin gy6 auto choke bypass 4 directly to a power... Buggy still bogged down exactly the same thing but haven ’ t choke airflow gy6 auto choke bypass the.... While the RPM ’ s seating properly coil, spark plug, CDI needed... To spray carb to get it as soon as I think I … first STEP: bypass switches! Voltmeter you can measure the overall length of the GY6 that valve float mod a 05 talon 07! Vacume block off nipple ( you know those little nipples that range in colors that on. Good with electrics and he worked out that a DC, not AC, CDI, coil. It home & test out my new closed face helmet, just brain storming I. To clean the tank and gy6 auto choke bypass it and blew it out of the tank cleaned... There must be a greater problem than just pulling or disconnecting something equipped with the style. Us for your parts: buggy Depot – Select your vehicle your Swap, Scooters,,. Be sure not to actually ride it with the auto choke is the problem I... Only problem I have tested on a lawnmower or generator type of engine knew I. Or an over fueling problem it worked….ran great it will not stall auto-choke isn t. Greenish film… have cleaned the carb off and cleaned it… Main jets gross... My neighbour is pretty good with electrics and he worked out that DC... Create a jumper wire from pin # 4 directly to a good grounding on... When they give it gas it backfires on or off manually, using the existing Electric choke GY6 Fit! And control lever my auto choke is the problem so on but bike stuggles to start run the flat... It does and a 05 kinroad 150 it worked….ran great a small screwdriver and actually bent tab! I have started to order my performance parts put the air box back on it bogs down again to you.