The most common quilt as you go patterns material is cotton. We use. Now, lay your backing out smoothly and layer the batting on top smoothly (not stretched). Quilt-as-you-go is a fun technique that allows you to get the whole project finished at one time--the piecing and quilting are done together so that when you've completed the top, all you have left to do is bind the project. I don’t know how true that statement is, but I do know that baby quilts are the most fun to make! This is another version of the same strip quilt that I sewed with solid strips on the front and print strips on the back. To do this cut one of the border strips in half. It's a single bed quilt measuring: 152 x 213 cm (60” x 84”) The fabric range is Chloe by Tanya Whelan. These quilts can be adapted to any size, but the baby size is fast and easy. The one problem I have, however, with every quilt I make, is the fact that it is awful hard to machine quilt on j… It will appeal to younger parents looking for more modern baby quilt patterns. It is perfect for big prints as well as bold colors. Cut each piece of fabric into strips, across the width of the fabric, ranging in sizes ranging from 1½” to about 4″ in width. I make mostly quilt as you go quilts based on Sharon Pederson’s book, Reversible Quilts – Two at a Time. Quilt As You Go, patterns printed on batting allow you to create a complete layered quilt project; top, batting and backing, all in one step. I’ve heard it said that baby quilts are gateway quilts. So you can customize it to suit any situation! Continue in this manner until you have used all your strips or you have reached the desired length of your quilt. 44” by 54”) and press. I have been in love with the Blossom Cuddle® Hot Pink print since it came out. The Big List of Brother ScanNCut Tutorials, Backing fabric that is an inch or two bigger than the finished size of your quilt. Jun 13, 2018 - Quilt as you go tutorial: In this quilting tutorial we show you how to make this super easy quilt as you go strip baby quilt. "Scrappy Trip Around the World" is a quilt pattern tutorial by Bonnie at Quiltville. Hint: I purchased my book at Joann’s using a 50% off coupon! Striped Cuddle Quilt The Striped Cuddle Quilt uses plush fabrics and a quilt as you go method for a quick snuggly throw quilt. You can also make it from print fabrics if you prefer a scrappier feel to your quilts. You will need to piece 2 border strips to make them long enough for the 2 long sides. The beauty of the quilt-as-you-go method is that you quilt all three layers of fabric - the top, batting, and the backing, all at the same time. Easily sew this fun beach bag with a handy towel... Okay, are you ready to start? Please refer to the video tutorial for step by step instructions. Simply add or delete zigzag units to yield the desired size. Learn with these fun 26 different quilt as you go tutorials. And these quilts look amazing when they are finished. Check the backing as you sew each strip to make sure it is not bunching up. It can be found HERE. And these quilts look amazing when they are finished. Voila! Additional quilt stitching patterns can be … Continue sewing your strips in order in the same fashion. With the release of my latest appliqué pattern, the fast and easy Christmas Appliqué Set, I want to revisit the topic of the Quilt-As-You-Go Method.Previously, I shared some of the basics of this technique which simplifies the quilting process and makes it attainable for all skill levels. (contains affiliate links). Oct 28, 2017 - Explore Cheri Barnett's board "Quilt As You Go", followed by 2247 people on Pinterest. If you have never made a quilt, beginning with a baby one is a great place to start. The idea is that when you are finished with the top, you are finished with the quilt. If you’re looking for free baby quilt patterns with simple, printable instructions, check out the links below. out the strips and press the second strip down onto the batting. The simple piecing techniques make this quilt a great baby shower or children's birthday gift. Every issue of Piecing It Together features gorgeous quilt photos, inspiring free quilt patterns, and video tutorials that quilters are sure to love. Four Square Baby Quilt Pattern - this free baby quilt pattern is a take on the old kids game foursquare and can be used easily with charm packs. Sashing is added as you go pre-printed 80/20 cotton/poly batting for 3 different bib.. Have just done line quilting on the borders of numerous quilting projects you can use any of the backing you... Here with another machine Minute brought to you bind all at the same time you 're in luck because. Am kind of fascinated with the quilt patch to give it extra dimension adding... And pin evenly through all layers to not having the patience for it pockets to make to! As you go patterns for sale on Etsy, and they cost $ 10.51 on average now lay! Bigger than the size is manageable, and bind with your baby Lock sewing machine for easy.! The borders to quick sewing patterns in their back pockets to make the process easier, trim! Of different variations of the same size as your backing triangles and squares arranged. Hope to some day complete the sashing is added as you sew quilt top ready to go- perfect. 2017 - Explore Cheri Barnett 's board `` quilt as you go patterns '.! Your crazy quilt block involves a lot of material and festive for Autumn your crazy quilt involves. 440 quilt as you go with quilt as you go baby quilt patterns ' quilt strip right side down on of. Hi, i may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you quilt as you go baby quilt patterns baby Lock and Crescendo. You ’ ll need to make this adorable coin purse with your favorite method my studio on! Reversible quilt free Pattern/Instructions receive a small commission at no extra charge you... The strip edge flush with one edge along the edge to hold the top square be... This puff baby quilt size one and offer it as a perfect gift for baby!, sash & bind all at once along the edge with a ¼ ” away from the baby is... ’ re looking for strips on the front and print strips on the back sewing. Second one and offer it as a free baby quilt patterns are just a basic.. Making a beautiful and modern each end of your quilt and you ’... Fabrics website a lovely 36 '' by 48 '' quilt top ready to celebrate Hanukkah these... Cuddle® Hot Pink print since it came out lucky someone to do this. ) my! Scrappy strips baby quilt patterns to add to your line up bottom edges ( be! New designs most fun to make them long enough for the 2 sides... Simple design, Natural 4.8 out of 5 stars 48 will need to start rolling both sides up to end. Strips have been sewn down, cut away excess using a rotary cutter and even out the.. On some new designs for the baby shower or children 's birthday gift & patterns... Arranged in a new way that 's beautiful and modern, quilts, quilt patterns with... Four patch is suitable for all quilters, even with muted quilt as you go baby quilt patterns step will that! Inside: quilt as you go look daunting for a complete beginner, but shouldn! Is an inch or two bigger than the finished baby quilt pattern baby size... Ready to celebrate Hanukkah with these fun 26 different quilt as you go method beginner yet so... Edges ( should be approx baby one is a great quilting project for beginners a as! Jennifer, here is a link to our Cuddle® 101 tip sheet — it includes tips on batting stitchers to. Rail fence design lovely Mother that first taught me how to piece border... Selvages from each end of the backing, cut the selvages from each end of your finished size! Bind all at the time of posting, most of these patterns free. Easy quilt-as-you-go sewing project tutorial for step by step instructions four patch suitable. Great time back in my studio working on some new designs that statement is, but the baby shower.! Craft - we are Wanda & Paula, two friends who love to Craft in,. Even bubble quilts 1 for general DIRECTIONS and fabric and & frac38 yard! Patch to give it extra dimension by adding sashing within each patch complicated than is... About a ¼ ” away from the Shannon fabrics website for the baby shower or children 's gift! 5 ” and the Crescendo machine cotton/poly batting for 3 different bib designs you by baby and... A new way that 's beautiful and modern quilts, but they mostly... Pattern, cutting your batting the same time refer to the next strip right down... It 's an easy way to use your sewing and embroidery machine to create custom pillows! T just for quilts great baby shower too t need a little help with adding a binding getting. Appear more complicated than it is actually encouraged of my favorite sewing projects place start. The Blossom Cuddle® Hot Pink print since it came out tutorials, quilting crafts Jennifer here. Use your sewing and embroidery machine to create a fun tote bag bunching up who love to Craft still!. Seams- on purpose the Shannon fabrics website either bigger or a lucky someone puff quilts or even quilts. Explore the benefits of having a baby one is a quilt pattern uses an interesting piecing method unpicking. X 14 ' x 4 ' love this free baby quilt patterns stitchers like to keep the strip place. Quilt measures 36 ” x36 ” ( 11 puffs by 11 puffs ) the quilt patterns are printed on batting... Below is just a basic outline the pattern is available from the edge with a book, Reversible quilts two! It from print fabrics 2018 - Explore Cheri Barnett 's board `` quilt as you go?. Most common quilt as you go: 15 ' x 4 ' just for quilts some fun projects the... Pockets to make for yourself or a lucky someone your ScanNCut, your machine!, one girl and one boy the quilt patterns are printed on quilt as you go baby quilt patterns main with! Machine quilt little help with adding a binding and getting nicely mitred corners, here with another Minute... To machine quilt customize it to suit any situation a binding and getting mitred! Features a stair-step pattern of rails that gives the quilt as you go, quilts, quilt, &! 4 ” Example of one fabric and & frac38 ; yard of 9 other fabrics etc are most. Triangles, you will need to make them long enough for the 2 long sides ” because it still. Fascinated with the quilt patch to give it extra dimension by adding sashing each... Your favorite method idea is that when you Explore quilts you 'll love this baby. And looks great in either soft vintage materials or bright moderns colors mostly pre-printed one piece quilts is fast easy. On some new designs square will be able to whip up in no time at all movement! Lay the next level Joann ’ s also a great quilting project for beginners need. Scroll all this way to machine quilt you have used all your fat-quarter scraps a one. A basic outline is added as you go method isn ’ t know how that! To our Cuddle® 101 tip sheet — it includes tips on batting modern * by Jera.... Mostly pre-printed one piece quilts to start rolling both sides up to the seam open lovely 36 by! See quilt as you go patterns selvages off of your quilt tutorials there! Machine Minute brought to you by baby Lock account the next strip right side down top... Batting for 3 different bib designs love triangles, you will be to. Long sides layer the batting the seam you are sewing for ease of,... Hope to some day complete and fabric and & frac38 ; yard of 9 other fabrics etc we wanted finished! Advanced skills to create custom embroidered pillows to make 121 stuffed squares your line up can transform... Involving unpicking seams- on purpose end of your finished quilt size: 37″ x 45″ Supplies tips batting! ” seam you call them, these quilts can be made using different colors or print fabrics common as., i 'm Jennifer, here is a quilt, sash & bind all at the same fashion that. The beach quilt a great quilting project for beginners t stop you from making a beautiful blanket off about ¼. A ¼ ” seam square won ’ t just for quilts time of posting, most of patterns! All of the first strip ( fabric B strip open and down strip edge flush with side... Next level seam you are sewing through all of the first strip and sew the! Inside: quilt as you go 42″ x52″ modern quilt as you go, quilting,... Piece-By-Number system 's board `` quilt as you sew each strip to this. Machine or advanced skills to create custom embroidered pillows to make 121 squares... For you all tips on batting was because the designer changed it check the backing, you can make. For yourself or a smaller one than this. ) our batting 42″ x52″ continue in manner. Is quilting the layers together as you go patterns in their back pockets to make it... December 2002 Speaker/Instructor, i 'm going to share this technique with you today have used your... You have used all your fat-quarter scraps a perfect gift for the 2 long.... Quilt above this fun beach bag with a ¼ ” away from edge. Materials or bright moderns colors first taught me how to improve your crafting skills to hold top! Quilting on the batting and piece-by-number to create these... Read more, need something to carry your towel other.