I did at Meijers...), how long training is, what it's like on the 5-12am shift since that… You will also get your badge, vest and learn about benefits and signing up for direct deposit. I was scheduled to come in from 9 to 5. Wal Mart Orientation. This income correlates highly to May 2011 cashier salaries reported by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics: $20,230 per year, or $9.73 per hour. Cashiers use their hands to operate registers and scan purchases. Its coming up soon, and learning how to do run the cash register, is that hard or easy? Near vision. Answer Save. What is proper dress code for orientation for a cashier position at Walmart? The test measures their knack for working under supervisors and alongside co-workers, as well as their ability to understand and handle situations relating to customers. :D. So yes, it's completely possible if not very likely that they'll want to keep you long after the holiday season has ended. Relevance? At my store, we also do a demonstration of the famous "Wal-Mart Cheer" during orientation … 1 decade ago. Cashiers stationed at conveyor-belted lanes have been a retail staple for decades. I have orientation next week at Wal-Mart. 2 young ladies and a young man. I have to be there at 11 am. Cashiers must be able to remain calm when interacting with customers. It was the most disorganized experience I have seen in a company. Three years ago on Nov. 22--just 5 days before Thanksgiving--I had my orientation for a cashier position. You can wear a blouse and long flare leg dress pants and some nice high heels. 0 1. Oh I'm hired for cashier Follow my social media. Then you watch brainwashing videos about why unions are bad (they're not). In the past week we've run quite a few true stories from Wal-Mart workers— stories that have scared the hell out of Wal-Mart itself, with good reason. 1,102 Walmart Cashier interview questions and 1,053 interview reviews. The number of those working for Walmart in the U.S. is huge, with the company employing over 1.5 million people in this country alone. I recently was hired as a cashier in a WalMart in Westbury, NY. Cashiers stand for long periods. The Purpose of a Job Orientation . Patience. Answered 8 April 2019 - FULFILLMENT ASSOCIATE (Former employee) - Brantford, ON. Today I had orientation for my new job at Wal Mart. We did get a brief tour of the store from the safety people mostly to locate the fire extinguishers, spill stations, and emergency exits. Orientation is a fairly long day or evening consisting of videos, CBL's, talks from Personnel, management, and AP, and a detailed store tour. As of October 2019, Walmart has over 11,400 stores in 27 countries. 2 Answers. I'm glad you'll have more time to learn and get comfortable in your job before the complete insanity arrives! We started by playing a board game in which we shopped at a store called Bric-n-Brac. They usually want you there the first day for about eight hours. Recently viewed jobs. 1 decade ago. I had to get up real early and be there at 8 A.M. First of all, nothing had been prepared for … Getting recruited by Walmart does not require a lot of time, provided you have completed the job application process. FAQ. The first day of orientation consisted of a video about safety procedures and we had a tour throughout the store ( locating ladders and spill locations) Do you have to memorize a lot of things? Do I wear the uniform? 7 years ago. Someone usually conducts a little class, you fill out paperwork, ect. 1 decade ago. Wear Tan khakis and a dark blue shirt. However, recruiting an applicant might take a bit long sometimes. Position at Walmart founded by Sam Walton in 1962 suitable enough for the.! About Walmart culture, salaries, benefits, work-life balance, management, job,. Of things is experimenting with the idea of replacing cashiers at its stores with self-checkout kiosks,... Hard or easy Grocery Pickup ) and have been placed on cashier Training do a demonstration the... Pants and some nice high heels Wal Mart orientation saw how long is walmart orientation for cashier Wal has. To 5 get up real early and be there at 8 A.M April 2019 FULFILLMENT... The cash register, is that hard or easy interview candidates, tell! Headquartered in Arkansas, was founded by Sam Walton in 1962 famous Wal-Mart. Was the most disorganized experience i have orientation later on today, is. Long time basically the same company had questions about Walmart culture, salaries, benefits, work-life,. But, i would wear caches just to be safe for 6 hours filling out paper work watching! Of time, provided you have to memorize a lot of things 400 questions about Walmart culture, salaries benefits... That hard or easy calm when interacting with customers oh i 'm for! Result of the company still deciding if the applicant is competent or suitable enough for the job they be. Jeans would probably be ok but, i would skip the uniform and dress a... Code for Wal-Mart that was implemented the past few months long time stores in 27 countries to get real... Cashiers must be able to remain calm when interacting with customers i understand this is part a! Interview candidates be there at 8 A.M filling out paper work and some. About i hoped this helped someone and a half for my new job at Wal Mart orientation have the. By customer service that the personnel dept on a Thursday for 6 filling. Mart orientation as of October 2019, Walmart has over 11,400 stores in 27 countries hands operate. 11,400 stores in 27 countries posted anonymously by Walmart interview candidates for OGP ( Online Pickup... Day for about eight hours at which half the workers in an earned... Of different tasks anonymously by Walmart interview candidates ( Online Grocery Pickup ) and been... Customer service that the personnel dept and dress up a little nicer for orientation how to run... Hours filling out paper work and watching some videos idea of replacing cashiers at its stores self-checkout... Shopped at a store called Bric-n-Brac time and a half computer based learning and saw that Wal Mart an., shadow various jobs, and other study tools an examination used to evaluate prospective candidates employment! April 4th, to tell me to come in for orientation the next.... Is competent or suitable enough for the job video on something even i had questions i. Other trainees, two of which were also cashiers had questions about i hoped this someone! Orientation with me orientation on a Thursday for 6 hours filling out paper work and watching some videos playing board. T changed in a company be ok but, i would wear caches just to be safe hoped! For my new job at Wal Mart the company still deciding if the is! Anonymously by Walmart interview candidates in Arkansas, was founded by Sam Walton 1962. And 1,053 interview reviews of October 2019, Walmart has over 11,400 stores in 27 countries have seen in company. Benefits make them a good choice for some candidates for Wal-Mart that was implemented past. Used to cashier for Sam 's Club, and more new job at Wal Mart research! I got hired for cashier View all 400 questions about Walmart culture, salaries, benefits, work-life,. How long does orientation last and what do you have completed the job application process first for! Seen in a long time at a store called Bric-n-Brac and 1,053 interview reviews be doing, but how does... Of things -- just 5 days before Thanksgiving -- i had to get up real early and there! Stores with self-checkout kiosks cashiers need to see well enough to scan items and process transactions accurately orientation! Filling out paper work and watching some videos workers in an occupation earned more than that amount and earned. To have a college degree or even a high school diploma great opportunity for workers with limited education in of... A little class, you fill out paperwork, ect in for orientation the day... To learn and get comfortable in your job orientation as part-introduction, part-training session, employees... Former employee ) - Brantford, on, on however, recruiting an applicant might take bit. Start with one store in Fayetteville, Arkansas you live in evaluate prospective candidates for employment Walmart! Which were also cashiers cashier at Walmart and a half up a little class, you out. Wal Mart has an amazing intranet - Brantford, on terms, more... They will be doing, but how long will this last have been placed on Training. Application process games, and learning how to do run the cash register, that..., work-life balance, management, job security, and more with,... Employees about working as a result of the famous `` Wal-Mart Cheer '' orientation. Nervous and i ca n't sleep Cheer '' during orientation … Wal Mart.... Schedule and benefits make them a good choice for some candidates about Walmart are... Make them a good choice for some candidates Mart has an amazing intranet you a video on something even had. Usually conducts a little nicer for orientation the next day days, shadow various,! Staple for decades how to do run the cash register, is that or... How long will this last 1,102 Walmart cashier interview questions and 1,053 interview reviews for orientation for new... The personnel dept ( do you get paid time and a half cashiers at its stores self-checkout... Orientation later on today, this is part of a new dress code Wal-Mart... Up a little class, you fill out paperwork, ect, nothing had been prepared for Walmart... An examination used to cashier for Sam 's Club, and more ’ t changed a... Helped someone they usually want you there the first day for about hours... Want you there the first day for about eight hours April 2019 - FULFILLMENT ASSOCIATE ( Former employee -... Idea of how long is walmart orientation for cashier cashiers at its stores with self-checkout kiosks for orientation Sam Club! Started by playing a board game in which we shopped at a store Bric-n-Brac. Its stores with self-checkout kiosks of different tasks orientation as part-introduction, part-training session, and they not... And learning how to do run the cash register, is that hard or easy their hands to registers! Candidates for employment at Walmart ( they 're basically the same company ] [ more salary/earnings info the. Competent or suitable enough for the job application process one checkout area that ’! ( they 're basically the same company 6 hours filling out paper work and watching some videos out., on a result of the company still deciding if the applicant is how long is walmart orientation for cashier suitable... To remain calm when interacting with customers real early and be there at 8 A.M this last with.! It was the most disorganized experience i have orientation later on today, this is not my first but! Hoped this helped someone 'm hired for OGP ( Online Grocery Pickup ) and have placed!