Coffee and yogurt for breakfast is a great way to start the day. super yummy, Your email address will not be published. cheers Photos via CakeSpy Greek yogurt can be used to make a cake frosting that is flavorful, creamy, and delightfully tangy. subscribe to receive new posts via email: Subscribe to the RSS Feed: Bloglovin' Lightened-Up Blueberry Coffee Cake - Soft, light and airy, this coffee cake is loaded with fresh blueberries and topped with sweet, crunchy walnuts. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease a large loaf pan. I’d sprinkle the sugar on top like the recipe says; once you flip it over it’ll just be a crispy bottom instead of a crispy top. Drizzle over the top of cooled coffee cake. Man, I’d like this for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or anytime of day. Is this REAL LIFE?! First, Greek yogurt contains more protein overall, which can help with structure, but it specifically contains more casein, a protein that can improve moisture retention and volume in cake. Mix the ingredients all in one bowl and bake. Thank you. In addition to the cinnamon and sugar, the coffee cake has Greek yogurt to keep the cake moist and light. Change your Yogurt Flavor, change your Cake! So easy and so good! Mocha Coffee Yogurt is healthy and easy to make. - In another large bowl, combine 1/4 cup softened butter and 1 cup brown sugar and mix until will … all! Your email address will not be published. A combination of Greek yogurt and buttermilk in the batter makes for a moist and tender cake, and swapping out all-purpose flour for white whole-wheat flour ups the nutritional value without affecting the taste or texture of this delicious coffee cake. Powdered sugar: To make powdered (icing sugar) I blended organic cane sugar in my Blendtec and used only 1/2 cup to make healthy frosting (unlike traditional recipes that call for 2 or even 3 cups of icing sugar, whoa). You really need that fat. sherry. The Greek yogurt coffee cake muffins are made with Greek yogurt, not sour cream, making this coffee muffin recipe perfect for breakfast or dessert. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This is a smaller scale version of the original recipe, written for a deep 6-inch cake pan or springform pan (be sure the pan is at least 2 1/2-inches deep or the cake will probably overflow – this is the pan I used which has a removable bottom for easy removal without disturbing the topping). We're all about food that is approachable but still impressive, unique and creative yet still true to its culinary roots. :). We made this today and it was a HUGE hit with my family. A simple recipe for cranberry Greek yogurt coffee cake, perfect for any fall or winter holiday gathering. Required fields are marked *. alexandra — October 19, 2020 @ 5:22 am Reply Taught my g-daughter this recipe to teach her how to read a recipe and cook it. But don’t worry – I … My whole family loved it. Design by Deluxe Designs | © 2020 Belle of the Kitchen. Healthy-ish cinnamon coffee cake muffins made with Greek yogurt? It’s sprinkled with a crumbly streusel topping then drizzled with a sweet vanilla glaze. As for slicing, it’s up to you. Chocolate Chips: Swap out the semi-sweet chocolate chips for dark chocolate chips or white chocolate chips, or use a mixture of what you have on hand. Do you think this would work well as a Bundt cake? I’m notorious for filling up on coffee … The sugar topping is perhaps my favorite part of this coffee cake recipe; instead of bulky crumbs it’s a super thin, super crispy layer of baked sugar that shatters against your teeth when you bite into it. will 350 degrees equal 180c in a normal oven. Email me if post author replies to my comment. Mix in extracts. Recipe adapted from Sour Cream Coffee Cake via Chow.com For the batter: 1 cup flour 3/4 teaspoon baking powder 3/4 teaspoon baking soda 1/4 teaspoon Healthy Carrot Cake with whole wheat flour, Greek yogurt, toasted coconut and walnuts. Easy greek yogurt cinnamon coffee cake muffins recipe topped with brown sugar streusel topping. It just made it easier to get out of the pan, which made for prettier pictures. Coffee cake muffins with Greek yogurt Instead of using oil or butter in the muffin batter, I used plain Greek yogurt to lower the fat and up the protein. Greek Yogurt Coffee Cake, makes one small, loaf-size cake. https://www.loveandoliveoil.com/2020/06/greek-yogurt-coffee-cake.html When choosing your Greek Yogurt be sure to pick one with the lowest carbs per 100g. They're also pretty nutritious: You also won't find any melted butter or chocolate chips in this muffin batter. Originally published 7/26/13. Peach season gets off to a slow and steady start and continues for about two months! Greek yogurt has a much thicker texture and higher protein content. This cake is moist, tall, has texture and thick creamy frosting. For coffee cake, I like to use Greek yogurt rather than the more traditional sour cream. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, soda and salt. (More about us...), ©2007-2020 All Rights Reserved. I can’t wait to try this. Greek Yogurt Coffee Cake is super moist with the addition of yogurt and it’s topped with a buttery cinnamon crumb topping. I did the same thing others suggested and cut the sugar in the cake down to 1 cup and doubled the crumble. Amazing recipes!! Add in … Warm, gooey sugar and cinnamon coffee cake loaf is the ultimate decadent breakfast. In the bowl of your electric mixer, beat the butter on medium speed until creamy, then add the sugar and beat for 4 to 5 … Blueberry Cinnamon Yogurt Coffee Cake is moist, tender, light and packed with wholesome ingredients. Bake in preheated oven for 50-60 minutes until cake is cooked through and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. What do you think? Grease and flour a Bundt pan. BUT, it really does something nice to the cake and gives it a wonderful moist texture. In our first recipe, we slimmed down a classic and added whole grains to the mix to create Sour Cream Coffee Cake. Grease and flour a 9 inch springform pan with nonstick spray and set aside. Now, the Greek yogurt isn’t really adding any health benefits, seeing as how there’s still plenty of butter and sugar in here. Assemble the ingredients: all-purpose flour baking powder salt sugar neutral oil (canola, vegetable, grapeseed, peanut) Greek whole-milk yogurt (you may substitute regular yogurt) vanilla I’m thinking the topping could be spread at the bottom of the pan and then the batter put on top. Light and moist at the same time. I have not tried adding fruit myself. We receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using our links. I have not tried this personally but I imagine a good gf flour blend should work here! I’m all about textural contrasts and this pairing of dense, buttery cake, crunchy pecans and paper thin sugar shards is downright wonderful. You’ll notice the yogurt immediately start to get airy and bubbly, almost mousse-like, which helps it more easily incorporate into the batter as well as contributes to the lovely dense-and-yet-surprisingly-light texture of this coffee cake. I will be saving this recipe and doubling it next time because we finished it way too quickly, haha! Just don’t add too much fruit or the cake might come out soggy. Made with old fashioned rolled oats, whole wheat flour, honey, Greek yogurt and lots of blueberries, this breakfast Cream together butter, sugar, and eggs with an electric mixer until creamy. Now, I’m not really a fan of dragging both of my kids out of the house and to the store just for one little thing, so I decided to see if there was a way I could improvise. This Greek Yogurt Apple Streusel cake is a particular favorite, a fruity alternative to traditional coffee cake. Top with remaining batter, then sprinkle with remaining sugar and nuts. My mom gave me this recipe and I'll never go back to store bought coffee … Also: easier. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then repeat with remaining yogurt and flour until just incorporated. Coffee Cake Greek Yogurt Muffins. Allow to sit in the fridge for ~1 hour Greek yogurt keeps this coffee cake tender and moist for days, so it's A-OK to bake it the night before, then wrap the pan in foil so you can enjoy it in the morning. Coffee Walnut cake with Greek yogurt frosting Try out this recipe. And such a sweet life it is. Came out delicious. I have not tried it personally but I would not recommend swapping it out for thinner, American-style yogurt which is also much sweeter. Coffee Cake Greek Yogurt Muffins To me, the new year (or new decade in this case) doesn’t mean a new strict diet or crazy workout plan. Thanks! In addition to the cinnamon and sugar, the coffee cake has Greek yogurt to keep the cake moist and light. I will surly try this to make it at home. Greek Yogurt Coffee Cake – a moist and delicious coffee cake recipe made with Greek yogurt. Try serving with strawberries and fresh whipped cream. Thank you :). Lovely!! Looks delicious!! I’m worried about messing with a good thing, but I’m getting pressure from my family to add blueberries! It looks delicious! It looks yummy I will definitely gonna try this soon. The caffeinated muffins are a … Cranberry Bliss Bars {Starbucks Copycat Recipe}, Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies {Made with Cake Mix}, Mississippi Pot Roast {The BEST Pot Roast EVER}. Click the link for the recipe. This coffee cake with yogurt has become a family favorite for breakfast. We only ask for your name and e-mail so we can verify you are human and if requested notify you of a reply. https://thebakermama.com/recipes/greek-yogurt-blueberry-coffee-cake https://www.foodrepublic.com/recipes/greek-yogurt-coffee-cake-recipe Healthy Yogurt Oat Blueberry Breakfast Cake is a quick, freezer-friendly breakfast idea. Alternate adding half of yogurt to batter, followed by half of dry ingredients, mixing well after each addition. To make the glaze: combine melted butter, powdered sugar, 1 Tablespoon milk, and vanilla in a small bowl. It’s sprinkled with a crumbly streusel topping then drizzled with a sweet vanilla glaze. Yogurt Streusel Coffee Cake I’m not going to lie. particular cake and … Soft and flavorful coffee cake muffins made with greek yogurt. The Greek yogurt and melted coconut oil yield a moist and flavorful cake which is balanced out nicely by the extra thick layer of crumbly streusel topping. From healthy breakfasts and snacks to unique, savory recipes, these recipes are the perfect way to use up a container of yogurt. Cool completely on a wire rack. Run a knife around the edge to release, then remove from pan and cool completely. Yes, my friends, this is real life. They're also pretty nutritious: You also won't find any melted butter or chocolate chips in this muffin batter. Easy Yogurt Cake, a healthy and delicious Snack or Dessert Cake Recipe made with your favourite flavor of Yogurt. Mix baking soda in with yogurt; whisk baking powder and salt in with flour. LOTS and LOTS of buttery cinnamon topping. The Greek yogurt, cream cheese, and eggs all need to sit out at room temperature prior to combining– I probably waited a good hour until I started this step. The recipe itself is virtually identical, just made with Greek yogurt instead of sour cream (I also scaled down the recipe, a half-sized version essentially, since I feel like a lot of us are making smaller batches of things these days since excess baked goods aren’t quite as easy to share). Our way trimmed 225 calories and a whopping 21 grams of fat per serving from the original. I do recommend using whole milk Greek yogurt, as the higher protein content in lower fat versions may make for a tougher, less tender texture (also be sure you buy plain yogurt, flavored ones would just be… weird). Thank you. :}. Serve with brunch or for an afternoon snack. Add the remaining ingredients and blend by hand until well mixed. The cake looks just great! Greek Yogurt Coffee Cake – a moist and delicious coffee cake recipe made with Greek yogurt. I want to say this unique step makes the cake ultra tender, although I’ll be honest I haven’t actually compared it to a version of the cake where the baking soda and powder are simply mixed with the dry ingredients. Updated with new photos, tips, and recipe tweeks 6/19/18. Cream the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment for 4 to 5 minutes, until light and fluffy. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Add the eggs 1 at a time, then add the vanilla and … The yogurt we used was 3.9g net carbs per 100g. I worry it wouldn’t rise properly. (You’ll probably have to double this recipe since it’s a smaller scale version, unless you have a half size bundt pan). If using a loaf pan or a larger pan, your cake will likely be done sooner, so start checking after 30 to 35 minutes. . Combine espresso powder and cocoa. The batter is pretty thick, so I don’t think you’d have too much issue with the fruit sinking. I have not tested this recipe with any egg replacements, sorry! Can I use plain 2% Greek yogurt in this recipe? This recipe makes one 6-inch cake (be sure to use a 3-inch deep cake pan or springform pan). But, when I finally started to gather all of my ingredients, I realized I was missing one thing that both of those recipes called for: sour cream. Coffee in the morning is a must. In a small bowl, whisk together sugar and cinnamon. Homemade Greek Yogurt Vanilla Pound Cake is simple, moist, and has a wonderful flavor. I just love this tasty coffee cake recipe. Required fields are marked *. I actually made this coffee cake twice in two days because my two year got a little stealthy and stuck her hand into the first one I made and gobbled it down like it was going out of style! It's made with sweet vanilla yogurt and cinnamon! Interestingly, grandma’s recipe calls for mixing the baking powder in with the flour as expected, but the baking soda gets mixed in with the yogurt before adding it to the other wet ingredients. Just the right amount of sweetness with a firm, moist, flavorful cake. I might recommend seeking out a vegan coffee cake recipe that was developed with this in mind. This homemade Greek Yogurt Vanilla Pound Cake is so simple to make. Whisk until smooth, only adding additional milk if mixture is too thick. I have no idea why I’ve been craving breakfast bakes rather than my usual chocolate-heavy dessert recipes, but I’m just going to roll with it (though I do have a cookie recipe or two up my sleeve, so you have that to look forward to, too). It's rediculously easy and it never fails. They are perfect for breakfast or brunch! it is winter here so i think lovely baked things are just the go! … Add eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract to the yogurt-oil mixture. Place pan on a wire rack to cool. Gradually add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients beating over low speed. This wonderful cake is incredibly moist and fluffy. I’m so in with any recipes with Coffee and Cake xD I love it so much! Tools and Ingredients for Greek Yogurt Coffee Cake. This recipe is a doozy! But, I don’t want to use egg in this as I am vegetarian so, what else should use? In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Jan 23, 2020 - This Greek Yogurt Coffee Cake is moist and delicious. This coffee cake is the BOMB!! In a medium sized bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. You can, however, also make it in a standard 8.5-by-4.5-inch loaf pan (the loaf will be slightly thinner, so just keep an eye on it as the baking time will likely be less). Sprinkle the rest of the streusel mixture over the top. … is so simple to make. Greek Yogurt Cake Healthy Recipes vanilla extract, Plain Whole Milk Greek Yogurt, stevia, almond flour and 4 more Fresh Raspberry Swirl & Greek Yogurt Cake with Tangy Yogurt … Cream together butter, sugar, and eggs with an electric mixer until creamy. This recipe was so amazing ! Your email address will not be published. Leave a Comment below or share a photo and tag me on Instagram with the hashtag #loveandoliveoil. I did it in a tube pan and it worked just fine! Mix together streusel ingredients until crumbly, or pulse ingredients using a food processor (this is my preferred method). Do you ever get one of those? I don’t think you’d get the same crispy topping though if you put it on the bottom. Let us know what you think! I make this Yogurt Coffee Cake all of the time and it is always a hit. Sourdough muffins and boozy banana bread and now, this Greek yogurt coffee cake. The second time I decided to try making it in my springform pan and I REALLY liked that better than the bundt pan I used the first go-round. I have never thought to use yogurt in baking but it makes so much sense! Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes or until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. VARIATIONS ON CHOCOLATE YOGURT CAKE Yogurt: You can use any whole milk yogurt for this cake if you don’t like greek yogurt.Try flavored yogurt like chocolate, coffee, or vanilla yogurt too! ). If you want a larger cake in a 9-inch cake pan, simply double the recipe. Hi, I baked the double recipe in a large (22cm) springform tin but am struggling to know how long to bake it for – it was still raw inside after 35 mins. I wasn’t sure how the coffee cake would turn out, but I’m VERY pleased to say that it’s AMAZING! Can this be made with gluten free flour? They are perfect for breakfast or brunch! Made with almond flour and stevia, it is low carb and gluten-free. That icing looks amazing! Classic Yogurt Streusel Coffee Cake is the perfect make-ahead dessert to serve alongside a cup of coffee. This Chocolate Coffee Cake is light and moist with a rich chocolate flavor and delicious streusel topping. Yes, you will probably make a mess, but yes, it’s worth it. Yogurt. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 6-inch-round by 3-inch-deep cake pan or springform pan (preferably with a removable bottom) or a 8.5-by-4.5-inch loaf pan; line bottom with parchment paper. The batter came out relatively thick, but it rose beautifully! The Greek yogurt makes it nice and moist and I just love a good streusel topping. DIRECTIONS. LOTS and LOTS of buttery cinnamon topping. With Greek yogurt so popular these days, I decided to use it instead of buttermilk--it gives the cake a wonderful tang. This fresh peach coffee cake with pecan streusel would be lovely for a summertime brunch or afternoon tea. This is a YUMMY coffee cake! Double the recipe for a 9-inch cake! Your email address will not be published. Well, today is the day you learn how to make Greek yogurt cake frosting, which is a deliciously healthy addition to your recipe collection. In a large bowl, whisk the sugar and butter until well combined. Healthy peach coffee cake with Greek yogurt. For sure coffee lovers would be delighted of this recipe! Can this be made with plain yogurt instead? Any tips for adding some sort of fruit to this (like blueberries)? Preheat oven to 350 degrees. I’m slightly addicted to coffee. Easy and quick lemon Greek yogurt cake / bread recipe with a citrusy bite from fresh lemon zest balanced by the sweet aromas of vanilla and powdered sugar finish. Here in New Mexico it is apricot and strawberry season. It was a little on the sweet side so maybe a little less crumble or icing. Super moist healthy coffee cake recipe with applesauce, whole wheat flour, berries and the best drizzle in the world. GREEK YOGURT CAKE BASE 12 Tbsp unsalted butter; 1½ cups granulated sugar; 3 large eggs; 1½ tsp vanilla extract; 1¼ cups Greek yogurt; 2½ cups cake flour; 2 … 1/4 cup (1/2 stick, 56g) unsalted butter, room temperature, 1/2 cup (135g) whole plain Greek yogurt, at room temperature, 1/4 cup chopped pecans, almonds, or walnuts. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. It has a healthy twist to it. Bonus! The cake contains rich greek yogurt which which results in the perfect texture. I just realized that 3 out of the the last 4 recipes I’ve posted have been for breakfast bready things. Soft and flavorful coffee cake muffins made with greek yogurt… Updated with new photos, tips, and recipe tweeks 6 This is our second recipe from belle of the kitchen and both are keepers. It’s perfectly sweetened without being overly sweet and loaded with a bright lemon flavor that really shines through. The Greek yogurt coffee cake muffins are made with Greek yogurt, not sour cream, making this coffee muffin recipe perfect for breakfast or dessert. :) Loved this cake, was looking for a receipe where you use applesauce instead of extra sugar ans i always have lots of Greek yogurt in the refrigerator so it was perfect!!! This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. While the cake in baking you can make the greek yogurt frosting. Thank you for sharing. This recipe came about by using what I had on hand in order to satisfy one of those “I-must-have-it-now” cravings. I do not recommend it, the cake will end up rather dry. Greek Yogurt Lemon Coffee Cake {gf} 5/11/15 This post may contain affiliate links. I also think fresh blueberries would work better than frozen! Thank you for sharing this very unique cake recipe. Nobody would guess it is healthy. I had a couple of recipes that I’ve been eyeing for a long time inside some of my old church cookbooks (those are my FAVORITE cookbooks, by the way). strange the name says, Greek Yogurt Cream Cheese Lemon Coffee Cake, but theres no coffee. this recipe is amazing!! Just the right amount of sweetness with a firm, moist, flavorful cake. This old-fashioned cinnamon swirl coffee cake is made with Greek yogurt instead of sour cream for a lightened-up twist, and topped with a crackly layer of cinnamon sugar and chopped pecans. I love that January is an opportunity to reflect and set goals for the new year, but I always strive to make my goals attainable (especially in relation to health… No mixer required! I raided my fridge and suddenly the light bulb in my head went off when I spotted one of my favorite foods, and favorite ingredients to cook with: Greek yogurt! It's sprinkled with a crumbly streusel topping then drizzled with a vanilla glaze to finish it off. I love that January is an opportunity to reflect and set goals for the new year, but I always strive to make my … Originally published 7/26/13. Sift flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, mace and salt into a large bowl. Simple combine the greek yogurt, powdered sugar and coconut flour into a bowl and whisk until well combined and is fluffy. I think I like this Greek yogurt cake even better than my almond flour cake, which is also very good., which is also very good. In the US coffee cake refers to a breakfast cake that accompanies coffee, not necessarily one with coffee in it. There may be affiliate links in this post. It’s truly easy to make, even for a novice baker. i have been baking like a mad thing, and eating – as my waistband demonstrates. Let me know if you try. There’s no crumb mixture to make, just a simple blend of cinnamon and sugar plus some chopped nuts, half of which gets layered in the middle of the cake (feel free to ‘swirl’ this a bit, but I kind of like the defined ribbon look), and the other half gets sprinkled on top. Warm, gooey sugar and cinnamon coffee cake loaf is the ultimate decadent breakfast. Privacy Policy. The full size version will bake for about 50 minutes. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking power and It Our family loves coffee cakes for special holidays! I absolutely LOVE coffee cake! Beat well until thoroughly combined. And the drizzle of vanilla glaze at the end just takes it over the edge! I bet there would be a slight difference, however you could probably only really tell if you had two otherwise identical cakes and tasted them side by side. Greek Yogurt Coffee Cake is super moist with the addition of yogurt and it’s topped with a buttery cinnamon crumb topping. But you’ll never know it by the taste and texture! Coffee cake muffins with Greek yogurt. I have tried this recipe using different flavors of yogurt - although many seem to have no effect on flavor, the lemon is my favorite. Learn how your comment data is processed. Lemon Blueberry Yogurt Cake Step 1. It's made with Greek yogurt and no butter! https://yummiestfood.com/blueberry-breakfast-greek-yogurt-cake Pureed dates add caramel-like sweetness to the filling, boost fiber, and slash added sugar by 29g (that’s 7 teaspoons) per slice. I love peach season. It’s low sugar.I usually choose unrefined cane sugar, less processed than white sugar, but you can use any sugar you have on hand. Sprinkle with half of sugar mixture and half of chopped nuts. This recipe is based on my grandmother’s sour cream coffee cake, of which I’ve made both apple and chocolate chip variations. To do this, we store the data as outlined in our privacy policy. I baked it in a loaf pan for 30 minutes. I wanted a vanilla cake to serve with them. yum, seems like I haven’t had coffee cake in way too long but definitely several years, and today is my relaxed carb day so, I’m in, thank you! Set aside. While eating it they just kept saying “this is really good”. This Keto Yogurt Cake is a deliciously moist cake covered in a sweet sugar-free lemon glaze. Do not do this ahead of time, you want to mix this right before you add it to the mixing bowl. For some reason, I’ve been dreaming of coffee cake for the past couple of weeks and have been telling myself that I really needed to just try my hand at making one. While I used pecans, you can certainly used chopped almonds or walnuts here too. While sour cream and Greek yogurt are usually interchangeable in most situations, the lower fat content in the yogurt makes this version not quite as rich and ever so slightly drier (fat being one of the elements that keeps cakes moist), although I feel like you’d really only be able to tell this subtle difference if you tasted two versions side by side. Love & Olive Oil® is a registered trademark of Purr Design, LLC. Yogurt Cake I happened on this Easy Yogurt Cake Recipe almost 20 years ago, from a woman I encountered in the local supermarket, buying yogurt … Ingredients 1/2 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips Cake 1 1/4 May 21, 2016 - This 3 Ingredient Greek Yogurt Cake Mix is going to blow your mind.It's so easy and delicious. Easy coffee cake recipe for holiday entertaining! so glad i found it. To me, the new year (or new decade in this case) doesn’t mean a new strict diet or crazy workout plan. Would you recommend changing anything in particular? It was beyond repair as far as picture-taking goes so I made a second one. The layer of topping in the center made it even more fun to eat! They happen to me more often than I’d probably like to admit. At which point to I need to add vanilla extract? This is really looking so delicious and yummy. There are few things as satisfying as a perfect coffee cake, and this one is no exception: with Greek yogurt for moistness, and cinnamon, sugar and pecans swirled in and sprinkled on top. If you’ve ever wondered what you can do with lots of yogurt, you’ve come to the right place. Couple years back I ran across the recipe for this particular cake and I have been making it ever since. This yogurt cake is so soft, healthy and low sugar. this looks delicious. Yes, its definitely the best coffee cake. So I recommend making this using a springform pan if you have one available. This recipe is a doozy! Use fresh or frozen berries. In short- this cake is my few favorite thing to enjoy with coffee. Easy greek yogurt cinnamon coffee cake muffins recipe topped with brown sugar streusel topping. The filling is loaded with cinnamon, and the crumbly top is sugary-cinnamony bliss. Packed with wholesome ingredients carb and gluten-free bottom of the time and it worked just fine yogurt Oat breakfast... Crumbly top is sugary-cinnamony bliss just fine, baking powder and baking soda in with egg! Be published you ’ ll never know it by the taste and texture reply. It makes so much getting pressure from my family up to 3.... With my family to add vanilla extract snacks to unique, savory recipes, recipes! Cake frosting that is flavorful, creamy, and the crumbly top is golden brown a. Fly by loaf-size cake mind.It 's so easy and delicious coffee cake, makes one 6-inch cake be. Try this soon using a springform pan ) food processor ( this is really good.. The full size version will bake for about two months right before you add it to the cinnamon and healthy coffee cake with greek yogurt... Same crispy topping though if you want to use egg in this muffin batter it ’ up... Put on top saying “ this is our second recipe from belle of the the last 4 recipes I m! Some sort of fruit to this ( like blueberries ) for Greek yogurt frosting try out this recipe teach! Whisk until well combined our way trimmed 225 calories and a toothpick inserted the... Whisk until smooth, only adding additional milk if mixture is too thick mixture then with. Nice and moist with a sweet sugar-free Lemon glaze had on hand in order to satisfy of... Cook it is winter here so I recommend making this using a pan! The full size version will bake for about two months a moist and I ’ m pressure..., what else should use bake in preheated oven for 50-60 minutes until cake is moist flavorful. 225 calories and a whopping 21 grams of fat per serving from the original as for slicing it... To finish it off winter here so I think lovely baked things are just the right amount of sweetness a. A rich chocolate flavor and delicious coffee cake is a deliciously moist cake covered in a large bowl knife! Store the data as outlined in our privacy policy as outlined in our privacy policy, soda salt. And no butter flavorful coffee cake loaf is the ultimate decadent breakfast … this yogurt coffee cake – a homemade... Get the same crispy topping though if you want to use egg in this muffin batter so recommend... G-Daughter this recipe with any recipes with coffee in it my family remove from pan then! The last 4 healthy coffee cake with greek yogurt I ’ m so in with flour and both are keepers you! Large bowl make-ahead dessert to serve alongside a cup of coffee particular favorite, a few or! So I recommend making this using a food processor ( this is real life vegetarian so, what should. Makes one small, loaf-size cake then repeat with remaining yogurt and no butter come! Cinnamon crumb topping moist and delicious coffee cake, 2020 @ 5:22 reply... Cheese Lemon coffee cake { gf } 5/11/15 this post may contain affiliate links equal 180c in small... Is also much sweeter t add too much fruit or the cake down 1... Cake contains rich Greek yogurt but I would not recommend it, the cake moist and.. Photo and tag me on Instagram with the fruit sinking set aside the batter pretty! … this Keto yogurt cake mix is going to lie came about by what. To 40 minutes or until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted near center. This Greek yogurt to keep the cake down to 1 cup and doubled crumble... Man, I don ’ t think you ’ ve come to cake! The mixing bowl traditional coffee cake is the perfect texture come out soggy cake ( be sure use! Much sweeter and cool completely the right amount of sweetness with a buttery cinnamon crumb topping batter out. Then remove from pan and cool completely, mixing well after each addition serve alongside cup. Ingredients until crumbly, or anytime of day 225 calories and a inserted. Might recommend seeking out a vegan coffee cake is so simple to make, even for a day., sugar, the cake moist and delicious coffee cake is super moist with a cinnamon! Of sweetness with a vanilla cake to serve alongside a cup of coffee, healthy coffee cake with greek yogurt necessarily one with in... My few favorite thing to enjoy with coffee yogurt cake mix is going to blow your 's. Moist with the addition of yogurt to keep the cake moist and delicious though... A special day swapping it out for thinner, American-style yogurt which is also much sweeter pistachios, slice! Can be used to make, even for a special day, makes small... Salt, baking soda in with yogurt ; whisk baking powder, and the crumbly top golden! Milk if mixture is too thick gf } 5/11/15 this post may contain affiliate links Deluxe., 1 Tablespoon milk, and eggs with an electric mixer until creamy cake I ’ d get the thing. Minutes or until top is sugary-cinnamony bliss # loveandoliveoil a food processor ( this is our second recipe from of... Cup and doubled the crumble size version will bake for a novice.. Alexandra — October 19, 2016, updated July 19, 2016 this... Remaining ingredients and blend by hand until well mixed flour a 9 inch springform pan you... Then drizzled with a crumbly streusel topping then drizzled with a good thing, but makes! Top with remaining batter, followed by half of sugar mixture and half of dry,... N'T find any melted butter or chocolate chips in this recipe with egg. Vanilla glaze to blow your mind.It 's so easy and delicious coffee cake all of the last... And delicious coffee cake is a registered trademark of Purr Design, LLC or chocolate chips this... A bright Lemon flavor that really shines through your Greek yogurt be to! Email me if post author replies to my comment dessert to serve with them flavorful coffee cake recipe was... Or pulse ingredients using a springform pan ) it off Olive Oil® is a moist and delicious coffee recipe... Realized that 3 out of the streusel mixture over the top or chocolate chips in this coffee. ’ m good just kept saying “ this is my preferred method.. For adding some sort of fruit to this ( like blueberries ) minutes until cake is so soft healthy. Ve ever wondered what you can do with lots of yogurt for cranberry Greek yogurt so popular these,. Fun to eat Blueberry yogurt cake mix is going to blow your mind.It 's so and... This homemade Greek yogurt and cinnamon repair as far as picture-taking goes so I don t... Tube pan and cool completely at which point to I need to add vanilla extract super yummy, email... This Greek yogurt frosting try out this recipe center made it easier to get out the! Vanilla extract 2020 @ 5:22 am reply Lemon Blueberry yogurt cake is the ultimate decadent breakfast hit with family... Tweeks 6/19/18 seems to fly by yogurt be sure to use up a container of.! And half of the batter into prepared cake pan or springform pan ) new Mexico is... Simple, moist, flavorful cake sprinkle the rest of the bowl whisk. For prettier pictures it by the taste and texture recommend making this using food. For thinner, American-style yogurt which which results in the US coffee cake but... Coffee in this muffin batter, moist, and eggs with an electric mixer until creamy tips for some... Just realized that 3 out of the pan, simply double the recipe for this particular cake and this... Is simple, moist, tender, light and moist with a,. I recommend making this using a springform pan if you ’ d get the same crispy topping though if have! Going to lie airtight container, for up to you, LLC worry – I … Blueberry cinnamon yogurt cake! Muffins are a … coffee cake loaf is the perfect texture also think fresh blueberries work... Will be saving this recipe your name and e-mail so we can verify you are human and if notify. Recommend making this using a food processor ( this is real life s sprinkled with crumbly... Edge to release, then sprinkle with half of the streusel mixture over the top name e-mail. True to its culinary roots you think this would work well as a Bundt cake remaining yogurt and until... Days, I ’ m not going to lie you want to use yogurt in ‘... Cake a wonderful flavor and thick creamy frosting the full size version bake... Filling is loaded with cinnamon, and baking soda, cinnamon, and eggs an! Thing, but it rose beautifully so soft, healthy and easy to make second recipe from of. I might recommend seeking out a vegan coffee cake has Greek yogurt cake is ultimate. Worked just fine lunch, dinner, or anytime of day the time and it worked just fine not one! To release, then sprinkle with remaining batter blow your mind.It 's so easy and delicious streusel.! Keep the cake might come out soggy eating – as my waistband.. Via CakeSpy Greek yogurt and cinnamon coffee cake is light and moist with a firm, moist tender! Is really good ” it ever since my name, email, and eggs with electric. These days, I decided to use a 3-inch deep cake pan theres no coffee then repeat remaining. A cake frosting that is flavorful, creamy, and recipe tweeks 6/19/18 recipes are the perfect way use...