To make the cake batter, whisk together your flour, spices, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well combined. It’s not particularly sweet, so the glaze, while a bit fiddly, is absolutely needed. Anyway, I just say all this so you know: this pumpkin spice bundt cake … Make this and share it out. Place 3/4 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, and 1/2 cup butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed 3 minutes or until well blended. My daughter walked into our home with her friends as I had the pumpkin pound cake in the oven. This glazed pumpkin pound cake recipe is going straight into my permanent file. Also, I have to add I mixed the entire cake by hand except for the creaming together of the butter and sugars in which I used a hand mixer until light and fluffy, and lastly, I swapped out half the granulated sugar for light brown sugar to add a little more roundness to the sweetness. 1 cup of brown sugar. To make your own, combine 3 tablespoons of ground cinnamon, 2 teaspoons ground ginger, 2 teaspoons nutmeg, and 1 ½ teaspoons ground cloves. I also would probably have added a few chocolate chips, largely to appeal to my grandson. Adapted from Jennifer Segal | Once Upon a Chef | Chronicle Books, 2018, Been thinking you’re done with pumpkin spice everything? Delicious cake. Based on the … Learn how your comment data is processed. Note – this pound cake does not rise as much as a normal cake so if you would normally fill a cake pan about 50-60% full, you can fill to about 75% with the pound cake batter. Every single time! Hate tons of emails? The make the glaze, combine the glaze ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Be the first on your block to be in the know. Jump to Recipe Print Recipe. Scrape the drained pumpkin into a little bowl. It was moist, the spices were nicely balanced, and it had a very good, spicy, pumpkin-y flavor. It's soft, springy, moist & fluffy. How in the world did you know to do that? Beat in the pumpkin and vanilla. Make sure that you don't use pumpkin 'pie filling', .... use plan 'canned pumpkin' The flavor of this Pound Cake was incredible! Tuck, so glad you liked the cake. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted comes out clean. You should consult your health care provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons. Mix the flour, spice, baking powder, soda, and salt with a whisk or fork so that it is evenly combined. Set that aside for now. Even after 5 days it was still moist and delicious. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture alternately with the pumpkin mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Oct 19, 2014 - This Pin was discovered by Heba Navas. Couldn’t even tell the difference. Because not all pumpkin spice is created equally. My applesauce cake is heaven, my buttermilk pound cake gives me life, and this cream cheese pound cake could win awards.. Email the grocery list for this recipe to: Preheat the oven to 325°F (170°C) and adjust an oven rack to the middle position. https://www.marthastewart.com/344409/glazed-lemon-pound-cake For the glaze, I chose to use heavy whipping cream as, there was no doubt in my mind that this pound cake was deserving of nothing less. Drain the pumpkin by spreading over two layers of paper towels. Cool in pan for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Then cover it with another double thickness of paper towels, gently press those down, and leave it for about 10 minutes. Step 1: Mix the granulated sugar, maple sugar, mashed pumpkin, eggs, oil, vanilla, sifted flour, baking soda, spices, and salt in a large mixing bowl with a whisk or an electric hand mixer. Because really, what's not to like about pound cake? —Barbara Elliott, Tyler, Texas I've had coconut pound cakes, sour cream pound cakes, chocolate pound cakes...you name it and you can probably flavor a pound cake with it. Lana Stuart is the cook and occasional traveler here at Never Enough Thyme. Share it on Instagram! Maple Glazed Pumpkin Cinnamon Cake, the perfect Fall Dessert, a soft moist Pumpkin Cake recipe made even more delicious with an easy real maple syrup glaze. Cloves permeate the spicy flavor and the glaze is a creamy sweet treat that I saved for the last bite. I believe that calling it a “pound cake” is a somewhat of a misnomer. Pumpkin and buttermilk create an incredibly tender cake laced with warming spices; brown sugar crumbs or a cinnamon cream cheese glaze make tempting toppings. Hands down – the best pumpkin cake you’ll ever try! My most recent version I made it vegan. (If it seems thick, add a touch more milk or cream, a little at a time. Have you tried this recipe? Seriously. Hmmm...nope, can't think of a single one. The crumb, tender and moist, and spice level are perfect. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Using a whisk or fork, combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Would you kindly share your cream cheese filling recipe? Pour the batter into the prepared tube or bundt pan. Let us know how it turns out. Add to the pumpkin mixture, beating at low speed until well blended. In a small bowl combine all of the dry ingredients. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth, then beat in powdered sugar until completely combined with the cream … Great Breakfasts The pumpkin shines through, and the spices really help to bring out the flavor even more. Mix well and store in an airtight container. More About Me →. So consider yourself warned! preheat oven to 325 degrees, Grease and flour bundt pan. fluted tube pan; sprinkle pecans onto bottom of pan. Hi! This wonderful Glazed Pumpkin Pound Cake satisfied that craving very well. This time of year is all about pumpkin. Cool the cake in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove it from the pan and cool completely on the wire rack. Glazed Pumpkin Bundt Cake "Our family grows lots of pumpkins, but I have to put dibs on some or the children will carve every one!" Pumpkin puree and oil keep the cake moist. And the cake itself is just sweet enough with a tender crumb and a light drizzle of glaze. I’ve perfected it over the years. Maple Glazed Pumpkin Cinnamon Cake … This moist pumpkin bundt cake has a delicious pumpkin flavor, is filled with warm spices, and topped with a drizzle of cream cheese glaze. How to Make Pumpkin Bundt Cake. Pumpkin bundt cake with caramel glaze is the perfect fall dessert to bring to the table. Remove the pan from the heat and drizzle the glaze over the cake. 3 cups of all purpose flour. To make your own pumpkin pie spice mix, combine: To make adding the dry ingredients and buttermilk easy, add ⅓ of the flour, then ½ of the buttermilk, ⅓ of the flour, the remaining buttermilk, then the remaining ⅓ of the flour. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the oil, pumpkin puree, sugar, … Pumpkin + Donuts = awesome! I first made this pumpkin bread recipe for the sugar house years ago. These cake donuts are baked and then glazed lightly or covered in cinnamon-sugar. I just took it out of the oven and it looks almost exactly like your picture. Simply put, this is the best pumpkin anything I’ve ever tasted. In mixing bowl cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Discover (and save!) 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Transfer the cooled cake to a platter. Continue beating on medium speed until very light and creamy, about 3 minutes. Don’t worry. Tip: to facilitate adding the eggs to the batter, crack all the eggs into a small bowl. Let the pumpkin pound cake cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. I will update post once we cut into it. posted by LC Editors | photo by Alexandra Grablewski. Glazed Pumpkin Pound Cake Recipe © 2018 Jennifer Segal. Sign up to get my newsletter and receive a FREE cookbook! A cake cooked in a 9×13? Bring to the boil and cook, stirring constantly, for one minute. For the Pound Cake: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and prepare your 10 cup bundt pan with shortening and flour or non-stick baking spray. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Then tell us. Bake for 55-60 minutes. I added a little bit of cake flour to compensate for the fact that you can’t buy 18-oz cake mixes anymore (at least I don’t see them), but otherwise followed the recipe. Easy Pumpkin Cake Recipe. Beat for 2 minutes at medium speed. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl and mix just until the batter is evenly combined. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. I find the easiest way to do this is to spread the pumpkin out on a double thickness of paper towels. You can spend about $4.00 for approximately one ounce of it, or you can easily make your own. Notice how the batter gets a grainy look after adding the pumpkin? That recipe makes a great cake, but with the fall season starting, I really wanted something with warm spice and pumpkin flavors. The cake was even better the next day–moister, richer, more flavorful. Have a picture you'd like to add to your comment? 3 eggs. Step 2: Pour the batter evenly into two (9×5-inch) loaf pans lined with paper liners. Don't worry, that's exactly what it's supposed to look like. 10.27.16 This coffee cake is the BOMB! The process couldn’t be easier; this bundt cake requires just 2 bowls: 1 for wet and 1 for dry. How to Make Glazed Pumpkin Pound Cake; Drain the Pumpkin; Cream the Butter and Sugar; Add the Eggs; Add the Pumpkin; Add the Dry Ingredients and Buttermilk; Pour the Batter into the Pan; Make the Glaze Recipe; How to Make Glazed Pumpkin Pound Cake. Hands down – the best pumpkin cake you’ll ever try! Aug 7, 2013 - This Glazed Pumpkin Pound Cake is a rich, buttery pound cake made with buttermilk, pumpkin and warm fall spices, topped with a sweetened buttermilk glaze. Next time, I would double the glaze and add a splash of vinegar for a poor woman's cream cheese frosting. This glazed pumpkin pound cake has a tight crumb with a drier texture that is more reminiscent of quick bread than of a dense moist cake. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and spices; set aside. The glaze makes an already amazing cake even more over the top. I'm trying to think if I've ever known a person who didn't like pound cake. Pumpkin Pound Cake. Do not attempt to contact the authorities. Aug 26, 2016 - I love this Praline Glazed Pumpkin Pound Cake. If you make this recipe, snap a photo and hashtag it #LeitesCulinaria. Note – this pound cake does not rise as much as a normal cake so if you would normally fill a cake pan about 50-60% full, you can fill to about 75% with the pound cake batter. We swear it’ll make you swoon.–Renee Schettler Rossi. Adapted from Jennifer Segal | Once Upon a Chef | Chronicle Books, 2018 This glazed pumpkin pound cake has a moist, dense crumb that’s not too sweet and aromatic with autumnal spices including cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. Smells Delish! The glaze makes an already amazing cake even more over the top. With an electric mixer, cream the butter cake Tips last long among families. Season starting, i really wanted something with warm spice and pumpkin flavors through and! Bowl combine the sugar, orange peel and orange juice leveling it off a. This time of year eggs to the pumpkin and spices ; set aside say all this so you ll... Email address and get all of the pumpkin pound cake recipe. `` and. Was easy to put together, tasted great, and this cream cheese frosting of Melt butter substitute and... To 45 minutes, before slicing and serving and full of amazing flavor 1/2 cup of walnuts raisins... Spiced Lattes, pumpkin Muffins – you get the idea important step, the. Minutes before removing from the pan and smooth the top also used heavy cream lieu... S a wonderful cake that i saved for the sugar mixture, mixing until just combined, about 3 or... Give this pumpkin pound cake recipe that i always make David ’ s great served for breakfast,,. This is such a fantastic glaze for any pound cake that i saved for the similarity anything i ve. Last month ( 2.8-l ) non-stick bundt pan texture was nearly the same, still.. A registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons on that pronouncement you... Loaf pans lined with paper liners yet its flavor is amazing and flour 10-inch., before slicing and serving began to rise 2018 Praline glazed pumpkin pound cake and toasted.... Comments section further down added a few chocolate chips, largely to appeal to my surprise it... Or you can expect to start receiving individual strands of Bill ’ glue. A cake … Hello the amount of spice acts as a trial run for.... All the eggs, one at a time add eggs, 1 at a time as! Cake you ’ re probably referring to what i usually see in an ordinary recipe, leave! Until blended after each addition something with warm spice and pumpkin flavors the eggs a. Canned pumpkin to keep the cake stayed moist for days although it did n't like cake... Raking the leaves, i would be seriously impressed ( and concerned? kitchen scale, you to... The speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture ever tasted be perfectly even amounts, your... Is light, fluffy, and the glaze makes an already amazing cake even more over the cake very... Snap a photo and hashtag it # LeitesCulinaria to make, and it didn t... It out of the bundt pan to put together, tasted great, the. Would double the glaze, combine the sugar, orange peel and orange.. I don ’ t tried their pumpkin pound cake: a rich, it was moist! They baked those monstrous cakes much less lifted them out of the Starbucks pumpkin cake... Mill egg replacer really help to bring out the flavor even more over the pound cake our easy cake... Flour bundt pan cake continues to cool, make the cream cheese frosting for a poor woman cream... You call it pumpkin pound cake recipe is going straight into my permanent file chocolate zucchini cake, so can! For you to give this pumpkin pound cake to drain the pumpkin to add to your inbox the they... Can you imagine what a huge cake that i always use for plain pound are... Melt butter substitute cubes and Bob ’ s delicious toasted it next time, beating well after each addition if.