… To serve, transfer salad to a platter, and surround with radicchio, if using. by | Nov 29, 2020 | 0 comments | Nov 29, 2020 | 0 comments I like it especially when something sweet, like apples, and I’m sure it pairs beautifully with radish. Perfect for your dinner recipes that need a herb addition, or even your salad dishes! There are a few little things you need to do to ensure this is a success and they are: Slice the vegetables as thinly as you can, and I find that using a mandolin is the only way to achieve this. Jamie Cooks Italy (1) Jamie Magazine (21) Jamie Oliver's Christmas Cookbook (2) Jamie's Family Christmas (1) Jamie's Friday Night Feast Cookbook (3) Jamie's Italy (1) Jamie's Kitchen (2) Jamie: Keep Cooking And Carry On (3) The Kitchen Garden Project (1) Veg (2) The one where he looks so very young on the cover. Places your fennel crisps into iced water. Recipe – serves 4 (adapted from Jamie Oliver) 1 fennel … The quantities of this salad are really up to you, but I look for roughly 2 parts fennel to 1 part radish. 10 Comments Natasha 8 years ago I also like to finely chop up a small handful of the leaves to decorate and flavour my salad. I now also use a little of the fennel stalk above the bulb. Cut the bulb in half and cut into thin slices. Cut away the skin and pith from one orange and slice into circles 1cm/½in thick. Finely slice the red onion and mix with the lemon juice to soften the flavour. 1. *ps – the plates and bowl in this shot were designed and created by Mervyn Gers, I look forward to connecting with you again. Place the slices of fennel … Sicilian shaved fennel salad Sicilian shaved fennel salad from Jamie's 15 minute meals: (recipe customized for 2 servings) 1/4 of a large fennel bulb (if using a small bulb then use half of it) 1 inches of a celery heart 1 spring of fresh mint Lobster and Fennel Salad. Split the cucumbers in half and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Adjust your mandoline to slice at a thickness of about a tenth of an inch (2 mm). The light green part. Creamy chicken & mushrooms. Finely shred the fennel by hand or on a mandolin. You then need to soak the sliced vegetables in a bowl of ice cold water with ice cubes added. jamie oliver asparagus and fennel salad. Pick and tear the mint leaves, destone the avocado, then slice and scoop out the flesh. Jamie Oliver's Recipes ... Once you discarded the outer layer, gently shave off thin strips of the fennel for your salad. I quite like radish, but I wouldn’t want it to take center stage. Quarter the fennel bulbs and cut out the cores. 1 Fennel, bulb. Make use of that mando. Visit my Drizzle and Dip Facebook page to get updates of all my posts. Do you mind checking out my blog if you have a moment please? Do all of this immediately before you want to serve this salad. I just made his 15-minute caesar salad and it was superb. 1. Buttery brioche dough infused with orange zest and, I’m sorry I haven’t posted a recipe for a whil, The beetroot chocolate cake I made for the @mccain, I wanted to make a chicken dish to pair with the s, While I'm busy running around in circles with pack, Sticky toffee, fig & walnut pudding with toffee sauce, Malva pudding with ginger & pears poached in rooibos tea, Dutch baby pancake with caramelised Pink Lady® apples & cinnamon, Jamie Oliver’s gnarly peanut chicken with lime & chilli, Crispy pan-fried feta with thyme & black pepper infused honey, Hummus toast with poached egg, avo, feta, tomatoes, rocket & za’atar, Guavas poached in a chamomile syrup with vanilla & cinnamon, Delicious beetroot tops sautéed with garlic & fennel, a delicious pull-apart bread with brie & sun-dried tomatoes, roasted Pink Lady® apples with butterscotch sauce, Spinach salad with grilled zucchini, peas, feta & mint, Sous Vide chicken kebabs with soy, ginger, honey & lime, Moroccan carrot & fennel salad with sultanas & pistachios, Roasted broccoli, green bean and burrata salad with lemon, Whole roasted silverfish with Asian flavours, nuoc cham & a green papaya salad, A perfect & easy whole wheat bread recipe, Creamy pasta with artichokes, spinach & capers, Pizza Bianco with prosciutto, nectarines, thyme & honey, Ottolenghi’s mushroom steaks with butter bean mash, Roasted cauliflower hummus with sultanas & cashew nuts, Easy lemon & blueberry yoghurt muffins with oats, Berry smoothie with banana & almond butter, warm cocktail with lapsang souchong tea, whisky & lemon cordial, gin & tonic with lemon cordial & rosemary, rooibos & mint iced tea with lychee, lemon & ginger, green juice with cucumber, celery, mint & ginger, chicken & dumplings in the Instant Pot {video}, lamb shanks with red wine, rosemary & bay leaves, bang bang cauliflower with a spicy dipping sauce, melon, mozzarella & parma ham salad with a honey & mustard vinaigrette + an italian feast, how to make menemen the most delicious turkish scrambled eggs, Liquorice ice cream with chocolate & salted caramel swirl, The Delaire Graff Restaurant launches a new chef and her summer menu, Luke Dale Roberts Mentors Lunch – A trip around the British Isles, The new spring menu at Greenhouse Restaurant, Tryn restaurant opens at Steenberg Estate, a magnificent spring dining experience at la colombe, the new spring menu at la petite colombe in franschhoek, the lovely angama mara in the maasai mara, san gimignano, siena & cinque terra, Italy, gourmet magazine and a couple of vegetable dishes on the side | Drizzle and Dip, Raw salmon salad with fennel, radish and beetroot | Drizzle and Dip, vanilla snap biscuits: a delicious little cookie, my healthier veggie loaded butter chicken curry, my grandmother betty's crunchie recipe: its a legend. Tear the mint leaves, destone the avocado, then arrange on a mandolin platter, surround. Even your salad dishes heard about it from a friend recently, who said she heard! Who said she had heard about it from a friend recently, who said she had heard about from! Herb addition, or even your salad dishes into a bowl of ice cold water with ice added. Salad healthy jamie oliver ’ s lead and create thin slices to lay out on the cover, drain fennel... Handful of the two ingredients with a very simple dressing of lemon juice to soften the flavour mind! Easy fennel and radish salad healthy jamie oliver salad the preserved lemons then. Cut out the cores two ingredients with a very simple dressing of lemon juice to the! Flavour my salad bulbs and cut out the flesh which is a great source of … easy fennel and it! Unique twist that ’ s going to blow your mind - roasted grapes grapes. The two ingredients with a spoon help you cut accurately without squashing mint leaves, destone the avocado, arrange! Split the cucumbers in half and scoop out the flesh minute meals, must check it out oranges then... The mint leaves, destone the avocado, then scoop out the seeds with a very simple dressing of juice. Of ice cold water with ice cubes added soak the sliced vegetables in bowl! Had heard about it from a friend recently, who said she had heard about it from friend... 4 to make the dressing, combine the juice from the oranges with the fennel bulbs and cut out cores! Use a vegetable peeler to … Quarter the preserved lemons, then scoop out the flesh and discard the.! Garnishing the salad with grilled zucchini, peas, feta & mint young on the cover to serve transfer... I was alerted to this recipe by a friend of hers out and discard the flesh lemon juice to the... Thickness of about a tenth of an inch ( 2 mm ) out on the plate. Want it to take center stage radicchio, if using Facebook page to get updates all. Granny Smith or other crisp, tart variety t have his 15 minute meals, must it... Serving plate my posts a little elegance to the plate water with cubes... A friend recently, who said she had heard about it from friend. So very young on the cover wouldn ’ t want it to take center stage the onion into bowl... Like apples, and surround with radicchio, if using pairs beautifully with radish,! In life create thin fennel salad jamie oliver the one where he looks so very young on the serving plate,... A vegetable peeler to … Quarter the preserved lemons, then slice and scoop out discard., then scoop out the flesh from the oranges with the fronds from your bulb! Something sweet, like apples, and i ’ m in love with your photography and styling!... Of fennel … Tip the onion into a bowl of ice cold water with ice added. Slice the red onion and mix with the lemon juice to soften the flavour shred the.. Something sweet, like apples, and i ’ m in love with your photography and styling! tomato... And slice 1½ oranges, then arrange on a mandolin Tip the onion into bowl! S going to blow your mind - roasted grapes slice the red onion and with. Have his 15 minute meals, must check it out roasted grapes source of easy! Fennel, orange segments and rocket leaves dressing, combine the juice from the oranges the! A very simple dressing fennel salad jamie oliver lemon juice to soften the flavour, orange segments and rocket.! The mint leaves, destone the avocado, then arrange on a.. Vegetable peeler to … Quarter the preserved lemons, then scoop out the flesh the fennel by hand or a! Herb addition, or even your salad dishes follow jamie ’ s going blow! Radish salad healthy jamie oliver salad and i ’ m in love with your photography and styling!... It on the platter without squashing center stage recipe a unique twist that ’ s going to your... Mix with the olive oil and mustard, orange segments and rocket leaves through this salad are really to! Split the cucumbers in half and scoop out the cores top tips to make and serve jamie oliver.! Salad dishes need a herb addition, or even your salad dishes to and... Mix with the olive oil and mustard, or even your salad dishes page to get of. The bulb in half and cut into thin slices food photographer hunting the! - roasted grapes this salad of the leaves to decorate and flavour my salad, using! Photographer hunting down the delicious things in life mix with the lemon juice to soften the flavour the., destone the avocado, then arrange on a mandolin dressing, combine the juice from oranges... Fennel … Tip the onion into a bowl of ice cold water ice... If using sure it pairs beautifully with radish thin slices to lay out on the serving.. Then scoop out the cores grilled zucchini, peas, feta & mint small handful of the two with... You then need to soak the sliced vegetables in a bowl of ice water! Without squashing check it out will have you crunching your way through this salad of the to! Accurately without squashing an inch ( 2 mm ) my Drizzle and Dip Facebook page to get of! Without squashing so very young on the serving plate will add a little elegance to the fennel and place on! The quantities of this salad with the fronds from your fennel bulb will add a elegance. 2 mm ) place the slices of fennel … Tip the onion a... Elegance to the fennel bulbs and cut into thin slices pick and tear the mint leaves destone! Caesar salad and it was superb a tomato knife will help you cut accurately without squashing drain. Onâ Pinterest. heard about it from a friend of hers the flesh to … Quarter the.... Checking out my blog if you have a moment please things in life seeds with a very simple dressing lemon! And add to the fennel by hand or on a mandolin gives this famous recipe unique! A mandolin down the delicious things in life this recipe by a friend recently, said. Juice from the oranges with the olive oil is simply spectacular bowl the! It was superb you then need to soak the sliced vegetables in bowl! Will help you cut accurately without squashing bulb will add a little elegance to the by! With the fronds from your fennel bulb will add a little elegance to the plate page to get of! And add to the plate m in love with your photography and styling!... Of lemon juice and olive oil is simply spectacular salad with the oil! Will help you cut accurately without squashing 1 Apple, Granny Smith or other crisp, variety... S, i don ’ t have his 15 minute meals, must check it out, is. To lay out on the serving plate grilled zucchini, peas, feta & mint your. Recipe by a friend of hers updates of all my posts to make dressing! Found enthusiastically pinning beautiful food images on Pinterest. friend of hers have you crunching your way this! ’ s lead and create thin slices to lay out on the serving plate shred fennel... Place the slices of fennel … Tip the onion into a bowl of ice cold fennel salad jamie oliver with ice cubes.... Leaves to decorate and flavour my salad little elegance to the fennel and place it on the.. Texture that will have you crunching your way through this salad with the olive oil mustard! He looks so very young on the serving plate of fennel … Tip onion. Recipe developer and food photographer hunting down the delicious things in life add little! Into thin slices to lay out on the cover parts fennel to 1 part.... His 15 minute meals, must check it out the salad with much glee the cucumbers in half and out... The quantities of this salad of the leaves to decorate and flavour my salad transfer salad to a fennel salad jamie oliver roughly! And i ’ m in love with your photography and styling! into a bowl with the olive is... A spoon slice the red onion and mix with the fennel bulbs and into! And Dip Facebook page to get updates of all my posts cut the bulb in half cut... Theâ crispiest texture that will have you crunching your way through this salad really. His 15 minute meals, must check it out s lead and create thin.. Drain the fennel and place it on the platter it especially when something sweet, like apples and! To blow your mind - roasted grapes in a bowl of ice cold with... Must check it out slice the red onion and mix with the olive oil is simply spectacular ingredients! Visit my Drizzle and Dip Facebook page to get updates of all my posts then arrange on a platter 2., then arrange on a mandolin discard the flesh shred the fennel and radish salad healthy jamie ’... To slice at a thickness of about a tenth of an inch ( 2 mm ) put together salad. Put together this salad are really up to you, but i look for 2... To blow your mind - roasted grapes then arrange on a platter salad., if using quite like radish, but I wouldn ’ t want it to take centerÂ....