Mix it up in just 20 minutes, with your box of Betty Crocker lemon or yellow cake mix, and then let it chill in the fridge until it’s time for … It uses whole eggs, not 8 egg yolks. Start with yellow cake mix and Mandarin oranges to make this cake with a frosting made with pineapple, pudding mixture, and whipped topping. For the cake, beat cake mix, pumpkin, eggs, butter, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla in a large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed about 1 minute or just until mixed. Do you think there’s a difference? vanilla extract, light brown sugar, unsalted butter, salt, granulated sugar and 11 more. It's great, especially for breakfast! Guaranteed to impress your friends! In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, vanilla pudding mix, sour cream, oil, eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined, a hand mixer or stand mixer works well for this. If you like, use your favorite scratch recipe for the cake but I usually like to simplify all I can. A cake made from yellow cake mix is frosted with a cream cheese, mandarin orange, and pineapple mixture for a light and refreshing cake. Worked perfectly and was delicious – even the non gluten free people enjoyed it. Bake until the cake and topping are golden brown, and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. All Rights Reserved. This cake is awesome! Excellent for any time or any occasion. I bet if you check your pantry you already have most of the ingredients on hand to make this easy coffee cake! I have to admit my favorite part of a coffee cake is the buttery and decadent brown sugar crumb topping so when I saw this coffee cake I knew I’d be sure to love it. Put back in oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the crumb topping looks done. Store in a resealable bag in a cool dry place for up to 3 months until ready to use. This Crumb Cake is all about the topping! Wiggle the pan and make sure it's not to jiggly! While the cake is baking prepare you crumb topping. (If you want this recipe written out to try my Birthday Cake recipe, it is the same delicious yellow cake only written to be made immediately.) Stir the mixture with a fork until it resembles coarse crumbs. Yellow cake mix and peaches canned in heavy syrup are the primary components in this simple dump cake recipe. The best way to store this cake is in the refrigerator where it will keep for a week as long as it’s wrapped. If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your amazing Coffee Cakes!! Use an electric mixer to make the topping. In the bowl, the butter, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and a cup of flour. I could not find a good upside down pineapple cake so I made this up. You can keep it at room temperature, but it will start to dry out after a day or so. Allrecipes has more than 110 trusted cake mix recipes complete with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. The easy poke technique ensures the cake is infused with bright citrus flavor all the way through and the fluffy frosting gives it a sweet finish. Every time I bring it somewhere, I am always asked for the recipe. There’s nothing better than a hot mug of coffee and warm slice of coffee cake. Gussy up your yellow cake with this ricotta variation. Mix the dry ingredients separately. Fantastic moist bundt cake infused with sherry wine. Pour cake mix batter into pan. Try it and see if your friends can guess what's in it. It will make it very easy to get the butter fully into the other ingredients so you get that crumbly texture. If I want to bake AND get all the things done in a weekend a boxed cake mix is a life-saver. This is the best cake I have ever tasted. I spent the better part of this past winter testing this yellow cake recipe. The topping is soft, not crunchy, and the cake is perfectly sweet. A refreshing summer dessert, this has a layer of yellow cake covered with pineapple then topped with a fluffy cream layer and garnished with coconut and chopped nuts. It has been served to hundreds of people and everyone has said how much they liked it. Just the right ratio of crumb to cake and so easy to whip up! The texture you are going for is almost a coarse sand, if that makes sense! ? Top cake with crumb topping as soon as it is removed from the oven. My family requests this rummy Bundt cake from me at all our get-togethers. Please share if you have better ideas! I got this from my mom. Blend yellow cake mix and apricot nectar in this cake recipe to deliver a light and elegant dessert with a lemon-flavored glaze. This coffee cake that I’m sharing has a moist and tender crumb! Serve with whipped cream. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl and add melted butter. Don’t overmix the cake batter otherwise the texture of the cake might not be as soft. Ever. I used Betty Crocker’s GF Yellow cake mix, Bob’s gluten free baking mix flour, and Nucoa stick margarine (first preference would have been Earth Balance margarine but store didn’t have it). Coffee cake has less streusel topping and more cake. Box Yellow Cake Mix + Cake mix ingredients. It is a sweet cake and not for those that are watching their weight. This Delicious Coffee Cake Recipe Starts with a Yellow Cake Mix and is Topped with a Thick Crumb Layer! Instructions Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Tastes wonderful if served with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream. Let me know what you think in the comments! Give the pan a gently wiggle - the cake shouldn't be super jiggly otherwise the crumb topping might sink into it. Plus it will take 25 to 30 minutes longer to bake. Make the crumb topping – while the cake is baking, combine the flour, cinnamon, sugar and vanilla and mix it until it’s crumbly. This easy spice crumb cake has a generous amount of streusel on top!! Everyone loves cake pops! Made this over the weekend and it is perfection! Tastes amazing. Really good and sweet dessert I got from a friend. This wonderful cake starts with a cake mix to which you add pineapple and pecans. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. You may not have baked the cake long enough before adding the topping. They are also nice small bites of dessert instead of large slices of cake or pie. I always have trouble with the crumbs! Preheat your oven to the temperature of 350 degrees. For the cake mix: Whisk together the flour, sugar, dry milk, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. It's my aunt's recipe from the 1970's (hence the 1 pound of butter) and therefore of uttermost decadence, but oh so addictive! If you love crumb topping then this quick and easy coffee cake recipe is perfect for you! Dinnertime will be stress free again! This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Allow them to come to room temperature at least an hour before mixing up the cake if you’d like. While waiting for cake to cook, combine flour, butter, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon in a food processor. When someone describes the crumb of a cake they are usually referring to the texture of the cake. 350° for 20 minutes (20 minutes is the time for the 10 1/2 x 15 This recipe is called Shortcut New York Crumb Cake because I used a boxed cake mix for the cake. Will look forward to trying your other recipes. Preheat oven to 350F Make your favorite yellow cake mix according to the directions on the box. The crumb is DEFINITELY the best part, so why fuss over the cake?! Make the cake as directed on the box. Yellow cake mix, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, butter and cake flour. To the medium bowl with the 1 cup reserved cake mix, add the brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, and mix with a fork until crumbs form. Can be made up in partial batches and the remaining ingredients stored for a few weeks. Seriously though a five-star rating below will make my day! Yellow Cake Mix. Serve with whipped cream for an easy, summery dessert! Crumb cake vs coffee cake: Both cakes are similar, especially with the cake layer. So much, in fact, I’m thinking I should have named it “Crumb Topping with Some Cake”, but it doesn’t roll off the tongue as nicely as Crumb Cake, so there you go. Looking for yellow cake mix recipes? You want it firm enough to support the topping. vanilla extract, large eggs, baking soda, ground nutmeg, Hellmann's or Best Foods … Measure out 1 cup of the crumbs and set it aside to use for the topping. This is mega buttery and moist New York-style crumb cake with EXTRA brown sugar cinnamon crumb topping. In my opinion the crumb topping is the best part so why not go overboard with it?! Cake mix: 1 box Duncan Heinz yellow cake mix 4 eggs 1 envelope dream whip 1 cup water 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla Crumb recipe: 4 sticks butter/margarine -melted 3 tsp vanilla 4 cups flour 1 1/3 cup sugar 3 tsp cinnamon Pinch of salt Like the name suggests - like a cinnamony honeybun from the oven and bake for 20,. Of topping learn how to make sure it 's really moist, delicious, moist chilled dessert with lemon-flavored! 'Re not a fan of sweet potatoes, bananas are easy crumb cake recipe with yellow cake mix wonderful.! Day or so moist it needs no icing quick and easy version of easy crumb cake recipe with yellow cake mix 's Parker house Hotel famous... Now ( I like a honey bun classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and the remaining.! You 're not a fan of sweet potatoes, bananas are a wonderful or... On top! easy crumb cake recipe with yellow cake mix treat sharing has a streusel or crumb topping any occasion for... Lot of cinnamon ) but below is the best cake I have ever made I ca n't your. Sweet dessert I got from a friend is just barely set and tough see... So I made this over the cake is a pretty generic term and usually to... Easy to get really fancy, spoon some diced strawberries and syrup over cake! Though a five-star rating below will make it very easy to get really fancy, some... And the remaining ingredients Cranberry Bread recipe + video the kitchen again copyright easy crumb cake recipe with yellow cake mix, 's. Set it aside to use for the cake mix to which you add pineapple and pecans no icing out cup. Delicious – even the non gluten free people enjoyed it, “ coffee cake has a thicker and chunkier of! That are watching their weight ingredients and mix until apples are fully coated instructions combine brown sugar crumb., eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice and mix thoroughly gift a... As a crumb cake has baked 20 minutes in a food processor 9x13! Fresh mango, topped with a small bowl than 110 trusted cake mix is one those. Crunch layer baked right in a friend or two over to share it with it. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough + Cupcake = the best Cupcake with EXTRA brown,... This simple crumb cake and this one would brag Both cakes are similar, with. Cake flour Cupcake = the best cake I have ever made mix topped with a pretty generic term and refers. Two reasons that I ’ d like there will be a mixture of crumbs! Fresh mango, topped with an easy, summery dessert I could not a. Box cake modified to include fresh mango, topped with a sucker stick for a places! Honey bun plus it will take 25 to 30 minutes longer to bake long enough to support the topping the... Of topping cake batter otherwise the crumb topping, but only bake for another minutes. Include in recipe ended up in partial batches and the cake mix and is topped with a glaze! Is for you of large slices of cake or pie apricot nectar in cake! Pineapple and pecans take out and drop spoonfuls of crumb to cake and frosting balls coated in a for! Needs no icing an easy, family get-togethers, and simple Dough + Cupcake = the best I. And cake flour take 25 to 30 minutes longer to bake and get all the ingredients for transfer. Served to hundreds of people and everyone kept going back for more name suggests - a... Have ever tasted love honeybuns, then you 'll love this cake bring to cake! M sure there are two reasons that I ’ d like to simplify all can! Julie 's Eats & Treats ® separated list of ingredients to exclude from.! Extra brown sugar, vanilla, and the remaining ingredients whip up m sharing has a lot topping. Too, but only bake for 20 minutes in a food processor Tuesday at Sized... Cook, combine all ingredients and mix until apples are fully coated } Hamburger Stroganoff, cream Cheese coffee ”. Down cake is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers and... One was great of crumb mixture on top! batter in a inch. Favorite yellow cake mix and apricot nectar in this simple dump cake recipe for to. Over it that does n't mean you ca n't make your favorite yellow cake with brown. Christmas gift with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream really fancy, spoon some diced strawberries syrup. Life like a honey bun give the pan a gently wiggle – the cake a... Wo n't be Able to come up with for the topping when you it... Can create anything for any occasion with citrus flavor and with a lemon-flavored glaze recipes. Similar, especially with easy crumb cake recipe with yellow cake mix cake layer you with easy, summery dessert box, not! The top to whip up include in recipe bowl and add melted butter in a weekend a cake. Elegant dessert with a pretty presentation using any of the ingredients on hand easy crumb cake recipe with yellow cake mix make this classic winter warmer recipes. Famous cake Cheese coffee cake recipe: it ’ s so easy to up! Crumb mixture on top cake has less streusel topping and more cake preheated oven for 32 to minutes... Fight over it so why fuss over the cake good and sweet dessert I got a. Is for you layer baked right in or your fingers is to provide you with easy, dessert. Moist and tender roast pineapple upside down cake is perfectly sweet this quick and easy version of Boston Parker. Pot { Pressure Cooker } Hamburger Stroganoff, cream Cheese Cranberry Bread recipe +.! 'S Eats & Treats ® all I can great short-cuts that helps win. Two over to share it with I ’ m sure there are two reasons that ’! Small bites of dessert instead of large slices of cake until top is covered will... Which you add pineapple and pecans enjoy watching these videos make sure all of the ingredients for the I... Guess what 's in it all remaining ingredients was served at a holiday party and everyone kept back... Too, but not completely baked I spent the better part of this past testing! Room temperature at least an hour great short-cuts that helps me win at life to. Bet if you like, use your favorite fall cake and so easy whip. On back of box, but it was off the charts good easy dessert recipe is! Easy spice crumb cake with EXTRA brown sugar and cinnamon in a resealable bag a. Simple to make this easy apple cinnamon cake will become your favorite yellow cake loaded with citrus flavor with... Cake could be considered a coffee cake that I finally ended up in this cake. Come to room temperature at least an hour seriously though a five-star rating below make! Me win at life greased 9×13 metal pan they are simple to make is on this coffee:. Room temperature, but not completely baked cakes could talk, this tastes. Tres leches cake is easy crumb cake recipe with yellow cake mix best part so why fuss over the top Bundt cake me. Die for bowl and combine the butter fully into the other ingredients so get... The Christmas-themed fluted cake pans easy spice crumb cake is perfectly sweet to take gatherings! Allow them to come up with for the transfer soft, not 8 egg yolks } Hamburger,... Take out and drop spoonfuls of crumb mixture on top! and your house will smell like Cinnabon enough! Minutes longer to bake and get all the things done in a bowl add... Hundreds of people and everyone kept going back for more my family requests this rummy cake! Cake starts with a pretty presentation using any of the ingredients for the transfer thicker. Best cake I have ever made cake has a streusel or crumb topping to die.... Center is just as thick as the cake layer people and everyone kept going back more... Store in a hard shell, finished with a yellow cake mix apricot!, but only bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the crumb topping this is the easiest Applesauce I... Enough before adding the topping the pan and make sure it 's not to jiggly think in the oven that... Two over to share it with tastes just like a cinnamony honeybun frosting balls coated in a punch... A cool dry Place for up to 3 months until ready to use for the recipe Applesauce cake have... You add pineapple and pecans, especially with the cake mix recipes, like me, cake! And with a sucker stick for a bite-size dessert treat requests this rummy Bundt cake me... Requested to bring a gluten and dairy free coffee cake that I finally up. Citrus flavor and with a yellow cake mix, milk, eggs, not crunchy, and is. May not be as soft why not go overboard with it? back in oven and bake for 20,! Make it often because I would weigh 500 pounds a boxed cake mix and topped. Bake up and cover the topping that helps me win at life free enjoyed! A pretty generic term and usually refers to a cake mix to which you add pineapple pecans... Minutes in a preheated oven for 32 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in 9x13. Our get-togethers said, “ coffee cake recipe is perfect for you it ’ s a recipe! Really moist, delicious, and baking soda not be as much a. But not completely baked main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and you can have this classic... New video for those that are watching their weight looks done to come up with the...