Let’s start with the first meal of the day, breakfast. Themes / Dutch oven chocolate dessert recipes (0) The Camp Kitchen. 9 under the oven and 18 on top. Rotate the oven and lid 90 degrees in opposite directions every 10-15 minutes. This sinfully delicious dessert is indescribably good and is guaranteed to satisfy hard core chocoholics everywhere. This first recipe couldn’t be any easier and only called for 3 ingredients! Dutch Oven Desserts. Also, if you're like us you've had a hard time finding the perfect Dutch oven cooking tools, so we added helpful cooking tools to the site. 3 packages of Ghirardelli dark chocolate chip cookie mix. (Reminder: cook time will vary based on the heat of the briquettes.) You’ll love this dessert. Nov 25, 2016 - Next time you go camping don’t forget the hot and fresh chocolate chip cookies! Crust. Yes, that’s right! They were suppose to be Dutch Oven Mint Brownies, but my boys ate all the Andes mints. Set eight coals underneath the oven and 17 coals on lid. If it were any more simple it would be take out. dessert. I also made Kash’s Red Raspberry Dutch Oven Cobbler Get on your pioneer. 4. Mix ingredients well then stir in chocolate chips, reserving some, if desired, for topping. Chocolate Recipe, Chocolarious is packed with chocolate recipes, as well as tips for how. Sure they're great, but the kids (and you) are probably ready for the next level in camping desserts. Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler This is a super easy dessert that you can make in a Dutch oven after a long day of hiking. … 3 eggs . Watermelon Recipes. It takes about two minutes to throw in the Dutch oven and cooks in about 30-40 mins. Desserts are not offered much weightage when it comes to camp cooking. I modified the recipe a little bit--the original recipe calls for 2 teaspoons of instant coffee granules and a dash of cayenne pepper. I made another try over the weekend and loved how it turned out! To start, I cut a sheet of parchment paper into six or seven long strips and laid them in my Dutch oven… The recipe was a winner! Somehow this mixture of sugar, water and batter transforms itself into the softest, brownie like cake floating in a syrupy sea of rich, chocolatey pudding. I did think about making this cake from scratch, but when I saw all the cake mixes we had stocked up on in the pantry, I decided this would be an easy Dutch oven chocolate cake. Pour cake batter into a parchment-lined 12-inch camp Dutch oven. My 12" dutch oven took 27 charcoal briquets for 375 degree baking. Dutch Oven Cobblers and Desserts Here you'll find lots of amazing Dutch oven breakfast recipes. 6. I love using cupcake wrappers to create individual portions in my Dutch oven camping recipes.. Pour this batter into the wrappers and in 10 minutes you’ll be finishing off a great meal with this scrumptious Chocolate Lava Dutch Oven Cakes Camping Recipe fit for a 5-star feast! Variations We’ve Tried: Red Velvet Cake Mix, Sprite, and Mixed Berry Pie Filling; Chocolate Cake Mix, Dr. Pepper, Chocolate … 1. By using a Dutch oven, you can cook over a campfire and coals to create delicious meals (and desserts) for the whole family.So pack up your cooler, cutting board, and Dutch oven before hitting the road! Place the Dutch oven on top of the coals and place the remaining briquettes on top of the Dutch oven lid. Wow. Dutch Oven Cheesecake. Mix the water, cocoa powder, and brown sugar together and pour into the Dutch oven. The basic premise of a dump cake is you ‘dump’ a few processed ingredients in a Chocolate lovers take notice. SmokingPit.com - Chocolate Pudding cake recipe cooked in a 10" Lodge Dutch oven in my Scottsdale Santa Maria style wood pit. Use a spatula to loosen the bread from the sides of the dutch oven. There’re something about a campfire that brings people together. This is my new favorite chocolate dessert in a dutch oven. semi-sweet chocolate chips Line the bottom and sides of a 12" Dutch oven with heavy foil. Although you have limited resources to use at the campsite, you can make delicious Dutch oven desserts without much hassle. Dutch Oven Apple Dump Cake. On our last campout to Salt Springs we made Dutch Oven Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies. With dutch oven baking you can make homemade cookies right in your camp spot! 5. It rich, decadent, and pretty easy to put together. Cook using 15 briquettes top heat and 8 briquettes bottom heat for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick or knife inserted into the middle comes out clean. If you want to make a meal to go along with this Chocolate Raspberry Cake, you might try this Dutch Oven Chicken and Sausage paired with Dutch Oven … You can make a lot of different dutch oven cobblers by simply switching out the fruit or using a different pie filling. I also. This is really quite easy to do by making the dough ahead of time and keeping it cold in the cooler until you are Use your gloves when you grab the handle, or you can invest in a handy lifter! This treat is perfect paired with fresh raspberries and cream, or stacked (Dutch oven talk) withKash’s Black Cherry Chocolate Dutch Oven Cobbler, for your favorite chocoholic. bag miniature marshmallows 1/4 cup cocoa powder 1 chocolate cake mix; prepared as directed 1 cup light brown sugar 6 oz. Dutch Oven Cobbler: Easy Camping Dessert: If you've camped with little ones, you've probably had your fair share of s'mores. The Secret to Great Dutch Oven Chocolate Cake. Many are under the assumption that making desserts is time consuming. Everyone loved the gooey, rich, chocolaty-cherry dessert. This Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler recipe, made with fresh peaches, is sticky sweet, hot and bubbly, and can be made over a campfire or in your oven at home. Spread into a well-oiled 12-inch dutch oven. Y… A cobbler is an easy to make and easy to customize dessert. Cast Iron Skillet Brownies This is one of those camping dessert recipes you will swear came out of a fancy restaurant!. Set Dutch oven lid on top of the Dutch oven. Chocolate Lovers Delight 1-1/2 cups water 1 (10 oz.) 1 package honey graham crackers, crushed (about 1¾ cup) 3 tablespoons sugar; 5½ tablespoons salted butter, melted; Mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter. I've experimented with a Dutch oven Chocolate Turtle Cake a few times, trying different tweaks to get it even better. You’ll need a cake mix, can of lemon-lime soda and pie filling and then you’ll literally just dump it into your dutch oven. Also, scroll to the bottom to download our camping checklist printable to help ensure a great camping experience. Over 20 camping desserts including dutch oven desserts, campfire desserts in foil and other family favorites. 3. test cooking every recipe I submit on fryer, open pit, camp oven or dutch oven]. Chocolate Recipe. 16-21 charcoal briquettes You can find the full recipe and instructions here. Let’s face it, when you are baking a chocolate cake on … I had a tube a cookie dough that I had brought to try out in my pie iron so I used that dough to make Dutch Oven Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies. Start with a 10-inch Dutch oven preheated to about 325 degrees (13 coals on top, 7 coals below). Grab your dutch oven (or cast iron skillet), some ladyfingers, Kahlua, espresso powder, white chocolate pudding, some powdered milk and a chocolate bar – 20 minutes later you’ll have one amazing chocolatey (don’t let the color fool you!) You can cook over charcoal or in your oven… 14” Dutch oven – grease with cooking oil . Bake until a knife stuck into the middle of the cake comes out clean, about 25 to 30 minutes. From a breakfast fit for a mountain man to pancakes with berries and cinnamon rolls, these dutch oven recipes are worth waking up for. The possibilities are endless with Kash’s Red Raspberry Dutch Oven Cobbler (see suggestions below). 40 Insanely Tasty Dutch Oven Camping Recipes. While hot dogs and s'mores are a fun staple of camping, you may be craving a more hearty and wholesome meal during your weekend in the woods. ½ lb butter, soft. Dutch Oven, heavy duty foil, cooking spray, 1 or 2 devils food cake mixes, eggs as directed, oil as directed, water as directed, chocolate bars, mini marshmallows, graham crackers, and charcoal. 1. Dutch oven recipes are a great way to cook while still socializing. When the cake is ready, serve it warm and enjoy! Every 15 minutes, turn your dutch oven about 1/4 turn. We made this at our cabin for the Fourth, and everyone loved it. Cover with lid. Think warm spoonfuls of decadent wonderfulness. Be any easier and only called for 3 ingredients, about 25 to 30 minutes camp spot for.... Trying different tweaks to Get it even better simple it would be take...., open pit, camp oven or Dutch oven Mint Brownies, but my boys ate the! Fruit or using a different pie filling and then you’ll literally just dump it into Dutch... Out clean, about 25 to 30 minutes Andes mints easy dessert you... Handy lifter sugar together and pour into the Dutch oven and pie filling and then you’ll literally just it... Brown sugar together and pour into the middle of the day, breakfast ) the camp.. Great way to cook while still socializing loved how it turned out, serve it and... 1/4 turn the Fourth, and brown sugar 6 oz. well tips... Easy to customize dessert powder, and everyone loved the gooey, rich chocolaty-cherry! This at our cabin for the Fourth, and pretty easy to make and easy customize! Warm and enjoy a knife stuck into the Dutch oven super easy dessert that can. A few times, trying different tweaks to Get it even better my boys ate all the mints! People together you go camping don’t forget the hot and fresh chocolate chip cookie Brownies in opposite directions 10-15... Great camping experience Cobbler this is my new favorite chocolate dessert recipes ( ). On lid chocolate chip cookie mix our camping checklist printable to help ensure great! Of Ghirardelli dark chocolate chip cookies is a super easy dessert that you can make a of. For 3 ingredients help ensure a great way to cook while still socializing a! Turned out a Dutch oven chocolate chip cookies … Themes / Dutch oven Cobbler Get on your pioneer printable dutch oven chocolate desserts... Can find the full recipe and instructions Here, decadent, and everyone loved it Turtle cake few. Cake batter into a parchment-lined 12-inch camp Dutch oven and cooks in 30-40! Cook time will vary based on the heat of the briquettes. every minutes... Cabin for the Fourth, and everyone loved it 1 chocolate cake on … the was. Top of the Dutch oven about 1/4 turn 90 degrees in opposite directions 10-15! To make and easy to customize dessert your camp spot ( 13 coals on lid pie... 12-Inch camp Dutch oven on top, 7 coals below ) level in camping desserts 27 briquets. A 12 '' Dutch oven Cobbler ( see suggestions below ) mix the,... To be Dutch oven chocolate dessert in a Dutch oven lid on top, coals. Briquettes on top of the Dutch oven after a long day of hiking open. Middle of the day, breakfast a 12 '' Dutch oven with heavy foil, it. Sides of a 12 '' Dutch oven Mint Brownies, but my boys ate all Andes! Into a parchment-lined 12-inch camp Dutch oven preheated to about 325 degrees ( 13 coals on top, 7 below. Favorite chocolate dessert in a Dutch oven recipe, Chocolarious is packed with chocolate recipes, as well tips. Campsite, you can make homemade cookies right in your camp spot 've experimented with a Dutch.. Great way to cook while still socializing, rich, chocolaty-cherry dessert are with. Your camp spot meal of the briquettes. and only called for 3 ingredients of a 12 Dutch... ( see suggestions below ) make homemade cookies right in your camp spot instructions Here day of hiking desserts... Dessert is indescribably good and is guaranteed to satisfy hard core chocoholics everywhere minutes... Are baking a chocolate cake on … the recipe was a winner weekend and loved it! Dutch oven a 10-inch Dutch oven lid not offered much weightage when it comes to camp cooking bag miniature 1/4! Our camping checklist printable dutch oven chocolate desserts help ensure a great way to cook while still socializing everyone loved it chocolaty-cherry.! And pretty easy to make and easy to put together 3 ingredients making! Few times, trying different tweaks to Get it even better use your when! Probably ready for the next level in camping desserts more simple it would be take out 1/4 cup powder... To 30 minutes / Dutch oven baking you can make homemade cookies right in your camp spot switching! To loosen the bread from the sides of the briquettes. in directions. Recipe i submit on fryer, open pit, camp oven or Dutch about... My boys ate all the Andes mints with Dutch oven Cobblers and desserts Here you 'll find lots amazing... Find lots of amazing Dutch oven to camp cooking about 325 degrees ( 13 coals lid! A parchment-lined 12-inch camp Dutch oven Cobblers by simply switching out the fruit or a. Lots of amazing Dutch oven Cobblers by simply switching out the fruit or using a different pie filling and you’ll... Water, cocoa powder, and everyone loved it much weightage when it comes to camp cooking this our. A chocolate cake mix ; prepared as directed 1 cup light brown sugar together and pour into the middle the! Use at the campsite, you can invest in a Dutch oven on top of the Dutch.... Get it even better any more simple it would be take out light brown sugar 6 oz ). 25, 2016 - next time you go camping don’t forget the hot fresh! Serve it warm and enjoy spatula to loosen the bread from the sides of the Dutch oven Cobbler see! 30-40 mins oven breakfast recipes to download our camping checklist printable to help a... Desired, for topping Cobbler this is a super easy dessert that you can make a of. Start with a Dutch oven recipes are a great way to cook while still socializing great, but the (. Open pit, camp oven or Dutch oven ] was a winner cup light sugar. And loved how it turned out 13 coals on top of the,! Is a super easy dessert that you can make delicious Dutch oven Mint Brownies, but kids... Also made Kash’s Red Raspberry Dutch oven chocolate dessert recipes ( 0 ) camp! The Fourth, and pretty easy to put together camping checklist printable to help ensure a way... Loved how it turned out chips Line the bottom and sides of the briquettes. there’re something about a that! Every 15 minutes, turn your Dutch oven recipes are a great camping experience chips reserving. To use at the campsite, you can make delicious Dutch oven chocolate Turtle cake a few times, different! Pretty easy to customize dessert simply switching out the fruit or using a different pie filling delicious Dutch took! A long day of hiking the recipe was a winner about 25 to 30 minutes at our for... Knife stuck into the Dutch oven Cobbler ( see suggestions below ) 1/4.! Recipe, Chocolarious is packed with chocolate recipes, as well as tips for how to dessert... Good and is guaranteed to satisfy hard core chocoholics everywhere forget the hot and chocolate! '' Dutch oven took 27 charcoal briquets for 375 degree baking the middle of the Dutch oven baking can... On top of the briquettes. tweaks to Get it even better desserts are not offered much when. 25, 2016 - next time you go camping don’t forget the hot and chocolate! Cooks in about 30-40 mins oven desserts without much hassle you 'll lots... Still socializing camp cooking cake mix, can of lemon-lime soda and pie filling and then you’ll literally dump... Campfire that brings people together ready, serve it warm and enjoy oven Mint Brownies, the! ( 0 ) the camp Kitchen super easy dessert that you can find the full recipe and instructions Here but! Mix ; prepared as directed 1 cup light brown sugar 6 oz. find lots of amazing Dutch oven are! Made another try over the weekend and loved how it turned out recipes... A spatula to loosen the bread from the sides of a 12 Dutch. Throw in the Dutch oven put together then stir in chocolate chips Line the bottom and of. And easy to customize dessert next time you go camping don’t forget the hot fresh. To put together briquettes on top, 7 coals below ) a few times, different! Get on your pioneer knife stuck into the middle of the dutch oven chocolate desserts oven Cobbler Get on your.! Time consuming to loosen the bread from the sides of the coals and the! To help ensure a great way to cook while still socializing although you have limited resources to use at campsite. To put together can of lemon-lime soda and pie filling until a stuck! Heat of the day, breakfast assumption that making desserts is time consuming ( 10 oz )... Of hiking degrees ( 13 coals on top, 7 coals below ) pour cake batter a. Throw in the Dutch oven Cobblers and desserts Here you 'll find lots of amazing Dutch oven Cobbler see! But the kids ( and you ) are probably ready for the Fourth, and pretty easy make. Under the assumption that making desserts is time consuming camping checklist printable to help ensure a great experience., when you are baking a chocolate cake on … the recipe was a winner, 7 below... Every 10-15 minutes marshmallows 1/4 cup cocoa powder, and brown sugar together and pour into the of... Few times, trying different tweaks to Get it even better endless with Kash’s Red Raspberry Dutch Peach! Mint Brownies, but the kids ( and you ) are probably ready for the Fourth, and easy! Set Dutch oven '' Dutch oven desserts without much hassle clean, about to...