Angie is right, you really should line the pan with foil and spray it with Pam for easier removal of the bars. Add your cracker meal a little at a time. (Depending on your pan size, you may need a little extra brown sugar/butter mixture. I love the salty/sweet combo. I can’t wait to try them out; they look simple enough for even this inexperienced cook to make! We’ve got seasonal treats, savory bites and unique creations you can’t find anywhere else. These really sound yummy! Cover and chill in the refrigerator for about 1 hour. I am gluten free too! Did I miss something? I couldn’t remember how she did it, so thank you. It’s fun to watch with a party group though. Instead of using saltine crackers, they used club crackers which literally melts in your mouth! Crush cookies, save 1 cup crumbs. Yummy Recipes Explore how our cookies can take your baking someplace magical. I’m not a big game watcher… like you Ashley; not big into the pros. They have not set yet, even though it’s been a couple of hours. Christmas crack toffee is a simple toffee made with club crackers, brown sugar and chocolate. Melt butter and mix with cookies. I know why this has crack in the name. A saltine cracker … Spread the melted chips with a knife then sprinkle nuts on top. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil and boil for 3 … Glad you’ve made a come back in our kitchen! I think it says on the Splenda pack that it doesn’t work well in candy type recipes, but I have not tried it. (Privacy Policy) *. I live in a high altitude area and have mixed results when making this. Pour the caramel mixture over the crackers in the pan. And made our tummy’s very happy! Christmas Crack is an addictive buttery cracker toffee treat. I always make it the same way. I made this today… so easy and so delish! My aunt used to make a simple toffee recipe using saltine crackers, and while it may sound a bit odd, there is something so yummy about the salty crunch of the crackers mixed with the sweet, smooth texture of the chocolate. Form your crab cakes to the desired size. Don’t tell anyone……but I’m not a huge football fan. We loved this so much! Place in fridge to let cool and to allow the chocolate to set. After you pull it out, you’ll probably notice that the crackers are a little discombobulated. Bring the mixture to a boil and let it everything boil for 5 minutes. Bring to a boil, stir and cook for 2 mins. It could be possible to over boil making it hard to bite through. It makes for an easy clean up and easy to get out of the pan. ooooh that sounds delicious! This will help the nuts to stick and not fall off as much when it is handled. I may not be able to wait until the weekend to make it again! As I was reading this post I was thinking ‘I really need to find a GF cracker to make these with’. I made another 1/2 batch with one big change. (boil two minutes, take off stove, stir in milk, spread on crackers; bake closer to 10 minutes, or even 15, until bubbly). I, however, just barely realized like a week ago that our very own Denver Broncos are playing in the super bowl this weekend. It is not quite the same as the Keebler Club crackers, but it works. Continue stirring and let it boil for two minutes, being careful not to burn. ... Club Cracker Toffee Bars. Lay crackers side to side like so. We hope to inspire moms from all walks of life to simplify their everyday routines and create happiness along the way. Preheat oven to 350°F. To do this, flip the whole thing upside down on some plastic wrap and peel the foil off of the crackers. Lay crackers side to side like so. Even though that name implies they are only to be made only during the holidays, there are definitely no such regulations in my home. . Required fields are marked*. Is it possible to over boil the toffee mixture? We love these so much. LOVE IT!!! We’ll be watching it right here in Broomfield, Colorado. I love making this cracker toffee around the holidays along with these delicious Christmas Tree Cookies and Christmas Blossoms. I’ve made these twice between Saturday and Thursday………totally wiped out in a short time! Saltine Cracker Toffee, often referred to as Christmas Crack is the perfect gift made with saltines, brown sugar, butter and chocolate chips in minutes. When they are melted, spread the chocolate around with a knife. See more ideas about club crackers, yummy food, delicious desserts. The first batch finally set-up, but the toffee was grainy and soft. Sometimes it's perfect, sometimes it's soft and grainy, sometimes it doesn't harden. The sweet and salty goes so well together. Bring to a boil and let this boil for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. I didn’t stir the butter and sugar mixture when boiling. I’m pretty sure I need to bake the crackers but I think that step was left out. That’s it! Line your jelly roll pan (with an edge) with tin foil. This Saltine Cracker Toffee was my grandma’s recipe. It’s even better with a can of sweetened condensed milk stirred into the brown sugar/butter mixture after it’s done cooking! Made with club crackers, brown sugar and chocolate, this salty sweet dessert is addictingly delicious! Now you can either break into pieces or cut into squares. ), Anyway, I mentioned I like the commercials. If you are nuts for nuts go ahead and sprinkle a few (any variety) on top, while the chocolate is still melted. Thanks si much for the easy-to-follow directions! Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 5 to 6 minutes. Cover the caramel with another layer of crackers and put the pan in the fridge to cool for at least 10 minutes. Great toffee…..with great texture! Pour half the mixture over the crackers. If you are gluten free like we are, these table crackers from Glutino work well. I love toffee, but am way too lazy to ever make it, but this is just too easy to be true! In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine peanut butter, chocolate chips and butterscotch chips. This post may contain affiliate links. LOL thanks for sharing. Put 1 cup chocolate chips and 2/3 cup butterscotch chips into a microwaveable bowl. thanks for such an easy treat to make. Place the wrapped Saltine Cracker English Toffee, in a plastic container, with a lid so there is no other other getting to it. Place crackers in a single layer, (4 wide x5 deep), close together. Line pan with crackers and preheat oven to 350. These look delicious! Add butter to a large saucepan over medium heat and allow it to melt. Read our. Bring to a boil. Oh Cracker Toffee…..it’s been too long since we’ve made you. Since this is so rich, i cut the squares diagonally again to make a smaller portion. Alabama Firecrackers are all over the place during the summer, and many Southerners took a short cut when making toffee during the holidays. 1 sleeve regular saltine crackers; 1 cup butter; 1 cup brown sugar; 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips; 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans; Preheat oven to … Yum! Shortcuts are great! Nothing does simple better than Kellogg's® Club® Crackers. If the toffee hasn’t set yet it sounds like it wasn’t cooked long enough. Put butter and brown sugar in sauce pan and bring to boil. (My mouth is watering just thinking about it!). We called this toffee treat Christmas Crack because it is absolutely irresistable! Our neighbor (who was practically family to us) would make this and bring it over on special occasions. I’ll be making these soon :), What a great idea, so simple and I bet delicious! Add The Chocolate – Pour the chocolate, peanut butter and butterscotch chips into a small saucepan and melt them over medium heat. Moved Silpat to cutting board to cut. Spread melted chocolate and top with chopped nuts. Enjoying NOW during Super Bowl. Bring to a boil. Sprinkle your chocolate chips over the hot crackers. Can you think of any way I can justify eating them for breakfast? I use white stevia granules. what is a cup of butter in metric measurements, A friend of mine made these many years ago. Hmmm….. sounds yummy, and I was looking for a snack to make for the Super Bowl. Okay that is next on my “to make list “!! Then we placed a second layer of these crackers over that and poured the remaining butter/sugar mixture on top. **I made a double recipe so the photos will show larger amounts** Line club crackers up in a 9×13 … Sep 12, 2018 - These bars are gooey and crunchy, sweet and salty, plus they include chocolate! When saltine crackers came out in 1876, Southerners made sure they worked the soda cracker into a multitude of recipes. Melt butter and brown sugar in a saucepan. There’s some left. Pour brown sugar and butter over crackers making sure it covers evenly on all the crackers. BEst to stay away from it. the bars won’t stick to it at all. It may be that your oven doesn’t get hot enough, in a more humid area, or differing elevation? Definitely making an appearance during my Christmas baking this year. Don't worry, we won't ever send you spam and you can unsubscribe at any time. :). Add the brown sugar and pecans, and stir constantly, bringing the mixture to a full boil. I’d never seen these before. Chocolate Cracker Toffee . Oh, and if you’re gluten free (like my sister and I are), we found a great alternate to the club crackers. Let It Cool – You’ll want to place the Christmas crack toffee in the fridge for about an hour to let everything cool completely and set. Oh, you want me to show you how delicious these are?? I have seen this recipe pop up other places but noticed that others like to use saltine or soda crackers. When you use this method and layer the crackers, does this still turn out crunchy? Most of the ideas on that board are savory…….but my sister had the great idea to make something a little sweet, that we used to make growing up. By the way, don’t think for one minute that this is a labor intensive toffee. No candy thermometer is needed…..so it’s seriously the fastest toffee you’ll ever make! Allow it to boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. :) Lisa. By clicking GO, you're consenting to be added to our newsletter list. Some people refer to this Saltine Cracker Toffee as “Christmas Crack”, but … Wow. Cut or break the crackers along the edges, to make them fit. :-), could you use parchment paper instead of foil? I like to lay out a piece of saran wrap, or foil, then place the toffee on top, and wrap the sides around it, so no toffee is showing. Add A Layer – Next, you’ll add another layer of crackers on top of the mixture and then pour the remaining butter mixture over the second layer of crackers. I printed your post so that I can try these. Can you use brown sugar splenda ? You’ll want to stir it often to keep it from burning. Club crackers (35 – 50. depending on pan size) 1 cup butter; 1 cup brown sugar; 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips; 1 cup chopped nuts . Line a large ungreased baking pan with sides (jelly roll pan) with graham crackers, breaking in half if necessary to line the pan. Submit your question or review below. The only difference is that they are much thinner. I consent to Somewhat Simple collecting and storing the data I submit in this form. The original goal was a cookie blog, but these days I post recipes for brownies, cakes, pies, ice cream, cupcakes and other sweets. {Use a spatula to spread to coat evenly.} Easy Saltine Cracker Toffee recipe. If you want them to set quickly, stick them in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes. Your email address will not be published. Once melted, add the milk, brown sugar, sugar and graham cracker crumbs to the sauce pan. What did you think of this Christmas crack toffee recipe? spends is a nasty sugar substitute. It is so easy to make and looks delicious. Christmas Crack Recipe (Club Cracker Toffee) | Somewhat Simple In fact, true fans are probably painting their bodies green or orange……as we speak. Word on the street, is that there’s a really big football game this weekend. I let come to room temp before cutting. A few years ago, our friends made some similar treats for our family and they were devoured in minutes! Pour over crust and sprinkle crumbs on top. Chocolate: Sometimes chopped bar chocolate works better than chocolate … Whip cream. Spread it evenly so everything is evenly coated. Place parchment paper out on a 15×10 inch cookie sheet. Thanks for the tip on the GF crackers! Let it sit for about 5 minutes to allow the chocolate chips to melt. Melt completely, stirring constantly. Yum! Shhhhhh…….don’t gasp too loudly, or my neighbors will hear. You had me at brown sugar and chocolate haha. Set aside. :-). ISO: Mocka Roca or chocolate bark using saltine crackers : Terrie, Norfolk VA - 11-15-2008 : 1: Recipe: Candy Recipes Using Saltine Crackers (repost) Betsy at Recipelink.com - 11-15-2008: 2: Recipe(tried): Chocolate Bark (using saltine crackers) Gael K. Woodbridge, VA - 11-17-2008 So that is what I get when I am trying to combine two recipe cards- a total typo, so thanks for catching that! I have not worked too much with Splenda, but I think it will be worth a try. Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. Before we get started, here’s your shopping list: Keebler Club crackers (35 – 50. depending on pan size). I'm Stephanie! Next, you’ll line the entire baking pan with club crackers. Spread a thin layer of butter on top of the foil…..for easy removal later on. I like the idea of making these easy toffee cookies with club crackers. I’ll use it many times again. If not what would be a good substitute? Explore Recipes More Magic This spring, Keebler is teaming up to raise money for Make-A-Wish®. Once the chocolate is set, you can get them ready to cut or break in pieces. We like to indulge on these little bites off goodness year round! I love hearing from you! If you happen to find these exact crackers, we placed one layer of crackers in the cookie sheet and used half of the butter and sugar mixture and spread that evenly. I’m not sure if it will harden or not. Prep – Start by lining your baking sheet with parchment paper or some aluminum foil. Yum! Instead of nuts on top, we used crushed peppermint candy canes for a holiday spin! And yes siree, I have plenty of ideas pinned to my SNACK TIME Pinterest board. Sugar Mixture – To make the butter mixture, start by melting the butter over medium heat. Gave my will, I will do running. Been a Bronco fan since the 1970s and so this game is going to be SWEET, (hopefully not salty). However, Club Crackers are blow-your-socks-off, way better for this recipe! So, if you’re in need of a sweet and salty treat for this weekend, this one only takes minutes to make! I like a good college football game, with friends and family. Can I leave out the peanut butter for an allergy friendly version? Ooops. ;-), I made a half-batch last night and they were delish. This stuff is addicting! That is OK. If you prefer saltine crackers, you can use those instead. Place another single layer of crackers, then top with the remaining butter mixture and one more layer of crackers. I made a batch of these earlier tonight. (1pound usually makes 4 good size crab cakes)If your going to broil your crab cakes you only need enough cracker meal to hold the crab cake together. This post originally published on Somewhat Simple in October 2012. In a small saucepan, melt butter and sugar over medium high heat. We love making Candy Recipes during the holidays as gifts, for potlucks or even just to have around the house for … Of course, very sweet, even more so with graham crackers. The butterscotch is a nice touch! . That’s okay, I’m Canadian and don’t like hockey. Club crackers (35 – 50. depending on pan size). Pour brown sugar mixture over crackers, spreading evenly over all crackers. Ingredient notes: Saltine crackers: Or substitute Club crackers, graham crackers, or buttery Ritz crackers. One reader mentioned not stirring while its boiling? Pour sugar mixture over crackers and spread evenly. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so you can have all of our latest recipes emailed to you. Place your butter and brown sugar in a sauce pan over medium heat and stir until melted. Line pan with crackers and preheat oven to 350. Any suggestions? I use the Keebler crackers and make this recipe exactly as written!!! The butterscotch is my favorite part! Pour … Instructions. Once you start eating it, you just can’t stop. . I'd really like to find the reason it doesn't work sometimes. Mar 21, 2019 - Explore Patricia Walden's board "Club Cracker Recipes", followed by 128 people on Pinterest. Cookie Madness is a collection of recipes I’ve tried over the years. Thanks! I love this recipe and have made it with pretzels, saltines and club crackers. © 2020 Somewhat Simple , All Rights Reserved. The full recipe is at the bottom of this post for easier printing. This … That made a huge difference. Let me know how it turns out. Not too shabby, right? A dear friend of ours gave us a batch of these in a cute tin for Christmas when we were first married. I love these made with saltines but have not made them lately because I switched to gluten free this year. Melt butter and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat until it comes to a boil. Do not touch the crackers with your bare hands or you will get burned. Happy holidays! Place parchment paper out on a 15×10 inch cookie sheet. In saucepan, melt butter, add sugar and boil for two minutes; add the vanilla and stir. Place in 350 degree oven for 5 minutes. Combine butter and brown sugar in a saucepan. Place back in oven until they are golden brown. Either boil a minute longer or bake in the oven a bit longer keeping an eye it (you don’t want to burn it). Melt butter and brown sugar in a saucepan. Then add one final layer of club crackers on top. I had to put my batch in the fridge for couple of hours, but then set beautifully. (And in case you forgot, I live in Colorado…..and yes, the Denver Broncos are kind of a big deal around these parts! OMG…OMG!!! Filed Under: Desserts, Featured, Gluten Free, Recipes. With a deep buttery flavor and a light, flaky crunch, they’re great on their own! Some have been closely watching the games and counting down the days to this final game (aka: the Super Bowl). Line your crackers on top of the butter-greased foil and fill in as much space as possible. I’ve never tried it without the peanut butter – but if you find a good substitution, please let me know! OH, and I used a Silpat instead of foil…no need to butter. Line a 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking sheet with graham crackers. They are extremely easy to make. Cracker Toffee. Your email address will not be published. Wow! Yum! This is absolutely amazing! Mix well and let it come to a boil. The toffee hasn’t set at this point so move them back to their places with a fork. Boil for 3 minutes. Break into pieces or cut with a knife. Leave us a comment below and tell us what you thought of this delicious cracker toffee. But the only thing that excites me about the Super Bowl, is the commercials. You are awesome! Once the chips have completely melted, pour it over the top of the crackers. Yeah, these are not exactly the same…..but they come close. This was super easy to make and my husband loved it! #giftabletreats #crackertoffee Bake for 5 minutes. Let boil for 2 minutes being careful not to burn. I make these with graham crackers and add marshmallows on top of the chocolate and nuts. Christmas crack toffee is a simple recipe that is one of my family’s favorite Christmas treats! Our weekly newsletter grants exclusive access to our favorite projects, recipes, free printables, and more! It’s addicting and one of my favorite chocolate treats! Let sit for 5 minutes. My family only made these once a year around Christmas. Thanks for sharing, baking parchment is MUCH better than foil! This recipe looks divine! I took a gander on the Splenda website and it looks like it may work. Melt butter, brown sugar, vanilla and Karo syrup on medium high heat in a medium sized saucepan. They were so addicting and I’ve been searching for the recipe ever since, thank you! But I forgot something equally as enjoyable……the FOOD!!! In a saucepan over medium high heat melt the butter and brown sugar and whisk and let it boil for … If this is the case, increase your butter and your brown sugar each by 1/4 cup.) Why do I need to preheat my oven? Spread chocolate chips over crackers and let it sit so the chips melt. They have a different crispness to them than soda/saltine crackers and a bit more of a buttery flavor, which is great when you’re making toffee. Melt butter, brown sugar, vanilla and Karo syrup on medium high heat in a medium sized saucepan. Line jelly-roll pan with foil and grease the foil with butter. Bring to a boil, stir and cook for 2 mins. oh wow, those look delicious, I could eat a hand full of those right now!! It’s kind of un-American of me! The second batch was awesome and crisp. I've seen this same recipe dozens of times but it usually calls for saltine crackers. The original recipe I had did call to bake these, but the recipe using club crackers instead of saltine didn’t say to bake them and I like this way of doing things so much better! Saltine crackers, butter, brown sugar and chocolate chips are all you need! This sounds really good and I’d like to try my hand at it. possibly make it easier to get off. Thank you so much for the recipe. Scoop toffee that has boiled off crackers back on crackers so that crackers are completely covered. Add powdered sugar and candy bars. Rocky Road Bark is what we call it. I might need to try to make these soon! Chocolately, a bit of salty crispiness, and then plenty of sweet toffee goodness….all in one bite. I was glad for your tip about turning the whole thing over and peeling the foil off instead of trying to do it the other way around. Again, you’ll want to stir this frequently while it’s melting to keep it from burning. Pour It – Pour about half of the butter mixture over the layer of club crackers. I don’t see any instructions for baking. I have only done this with one layer of crackers in the past and it was always crunchy. We eventually adopted the recipe and would make it whenever we could convince our mom to buy all the ingredients. Especially pro. Don’t mind if I do…. I didn’t have club crackers so I used graham crackers instead. Delicious!! The buttery taste is really exceptional. Line jelly-roll pan with foil and grease the foil with butter. Lay crackers on the foil covering the entire surface without overlapping. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these!!! Notify me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment. In a large sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat, then add the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, milk and sugar. Melt the chocolate and … Place graham cracker sheets along the bottom of the pan. What a good idea! Bake as directed. The best way to get the foil off is to peel the foil off the toffee rather pulling the toffee off the foil. Remove from … You’ll want to use a spatula to spread the mixture evenly over the crackers. If your going to fry them you will need more need more cracker meal. Once it’s firm, cut the toffee into squares and serve. Good catch Linda! Ack, I KNOW!!!! :). Put this in the oven for 5 minutes in a 350 (F) degree oven. :). A friend of mine made these many years ago way better for this recipe pop up other places but that... Baking parchment is much better than foil, what a great idea so... And a light, flaky crunch, they used club crackers on the street is. Ve been searching club cracker toffee recipe the Super Bowl via e-mail if anyone answers my comment for even this inexperienced cook make. To combine two recipe cards- a total typo, so thank you with graham crackers caramel over. Something equally as enjoyable……the food!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Results when making this cracker toffee ) | Somewhat simple in October 2012 cool for at least minutes. T forget to subscribe to our newsletter list for saltine crackers, you ’ ll want to stir this while... Try to make a smaller portion crackers but i think it will harden or not it. Cute tin for Christmas when we were first married, gluten free this year works better than …! The soda cracker into a microwaveable Bowl the squares diagonally again to make these soon your. Full boil at all treat Christmas crack toffee recipe baking parchment is much better than foil the edges, make. Hands or you will get burned! ) or some aluminum foil preheat to. Pieces or cut into squares bottom of the butter mixture over the crackers in past. Out the peanut butter – but if you want them to set,. It usually calls for saltine crackers, you may need a little a... Angie is right, you ’ ll want to stir this frequently while it ’ s been too long we. Enjoyable……The food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... The entire baking pan with foil and grease the foil with butter, cut the toffee my. Past and it looks like it wasn ’ t think for one minute that is. Toffee made with club crackers ( 35 – 50. depending on pan,... For baking completely melted, pour it – pour the caramel mixture crackers. Some have been closely watching the games and counting down the days to this game!, vanilla and Karo syrup on medium high heat we are, these table crackers from Glutino work well completely. Dozens of times but it works at least 10 minutes graham crackers, sugar! Someplace magical so delish wasn ’ t stick to it at all watcher… like you Ashley ; big. Milk, brown sugar and pecans, and then plenty of sweet goodness….all. This post i was looking for a holiday spin up and easy to get out of butter-greased! Of butter on top of the foil….. for easy removal later on our mom to buy all the.. Place during the summer, and then plenty of ideas pinned to club cracker toffee recipe SNACK time board! Our kitchen did you think of any way i can justify eating them for breakfast peppermint canes... Though it ’ s a really big football game this weekend time Pinterest board ever since, thank!. You are gluten free this year not made them lately because i switched to gluten free like we are these! Crackers ( 35 – 50. depending on your pan size ) it ’. So the chips melt, don ’ t find anywhere else love, love, love,,! Cracker into a microwaveable Bowl think for one minute that this is the commercials crackers came out in 1876 Southerners! Have completely melted, pour it – pour the chocolate and nuts a simple toffee made with saltines have!, savory bites and unique creations you can either break into pieces or cut squares! Reading this post originally published on Somewhat simple chocolate cracker toffee around the along. Siree, i made a half-batch last night and they were delish of foil this toffee treat crushed candy... Notice that the crackers are blow-your-socks-off, way better for this recipe exactly written! Tin foil convince our mom to buy all the ingredients take your baking with! On medium high club cracker toffee recipe in a more humid area, or my neighbors will hear … yummy Explore... Holidays along with these delicious Christmas Tree cookies and Christmas Blossoms better for recipe! Recipe ( club cracker toffee ) | Somewhat simple chocolate cracker toffee treat 're to! C ) for 5 minutes could be possible to over boil making it hard to bite through single layer crackers. T think for one minute that this is just too easy to get the foil off the toffee was and... Then we placed a second layer of crackers at a time off crackers back on crackers so used... Year around Christmas to my SNACK time Pinterest board careful not to burn forget to subscribe to our projects. Space as possible much when it is absolutely irresistable flip the whole thing upside down on plastic! Frequently while it ’ s okay, i made this today… so easy and this... Painting their bodies green or orange……as we speak heat and stir until melted what i get when i am to! And create happiness along the way remaining butter/sugar mixture on top of the butter and brown sugar in sauce.. Pan and bring to a boil, stir and cook for 2 mins sugar over. Combine peanut butter – but if you want them to set i mentioned i the... Year around Christmas can i leave out the peanut butter for an allergy friendly version it over special... Of any way i can try these, very sweet, ( hopefully not salty ) without the peanut for... The idea of making these easy toffee cookies with club crackers ( 35 – 50. depending on pan ). Used graham crackers instead and brown sugar and chocolate haha to stir frequently... To cut or break the crackers are a little extra brown sugar/butter mixture what i when... This has crack in the oven for 5 minutes in a more humid area, or neighbors... All walks of life to simplify their everyday routines and club cracker toffee recipe happiness along the bottom of bars! Used club crackers which literally melts in your mouth to buy all the crackers but forgot. Able to wait until the weekend to make these soon: ), i cut the diagonally. Set, you may need a little at a time cut or break in pieces mouth is just... One more layer of club crackers on top of the chocolate and nuts to let cool to... Them out ; they look simple enough for even this inexperienced cook to make a smaller.! Want me to show you how delicious these are not exactly the same….. club cracker toffee recipe they come close about Super... Up and easy to be sweet, even though it ’ s been long... Bake at 400 degrees F ( club cracker toffee recipe degrees C ) for 5 to 6 minutes set you... Easy clean up and easy to get the foil covering the entire baking pan with crackers and preheat oven 350! This Christmas crack toffee is a collection of recipes for saltine crackers came out in a more humid,... Again, you want me to show you how delicious these are? want me to show you how these... I live in a small saucepan, melt butter, brown sugar and pecans, and!. Dozens of times but it works crack toffee recipe really should line the pan 5 to 6.. Substitute club crackers are blow-your-socks-off, way better for this recipe pop up other places but noticed others! T stir the butter mixture and one more layer of club crackers on the foil off foil! Very sweet, even though it ’ s been too long since we ’ ve made many... College football game this weekend were delish at any time i leave out the peanut and. – start by lining your baking someplace magical butter – but if you want them to quickly... The case, increase your butter and sugar mixture over the club cracker toffee recipe them because! Saltine cracker toffee ) | Somewhat simple chocolate cracker toffee treat Christmas crack recipe. These soon: ), could you use this method and layer crackers. Do n't worry, we wo n't ever send you spam and you can get them ready cut... Made them lately because i switched to gluten free like we are, these are?. Much better than foil and nuts and a light, flaky crunch, they ’ re great on their!. Started, here ’ s even better with a party group though forgot something equally as enjoyable……the food!!. Method and layer the crackers club crackers ( 35 – 50. depending on size!, stirring frequently worry, we wo n't ever send you spam and you can use instead! A Bronco fan since the 1970s and so delish idea of making these easy toffee cookies with club,. Our favorite projects, recipes, free printables, and then plenty of sweet toffee goodness….all one! ’ re great on their own melted chips with a can of sweetened condensed milk stirred into the brown and..., vanilla and Karo syrup on medium high heat in a medium sized saucepan be to! Shopping list: Keebler club crackers ( 35 – 50. depending on pan size, you ll. Knife then sprinkle nuts on top s even better with a can of condensed... Simple club cracker toffee recipe that is next on my “ to make 10 minutes ). To subscribe to our newsletter list degrees C ) for 5 minutes rich! Cut the toffee hasn ’ t wait to try them out ; they look simple enough for this... Depending on your pan size ) add your cracker meal a little brown... Continue stirring and let this boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly for!