Preheat your grill to the highest setting. How to use cinnamon sugar. Spread a tablespoon of the mixture over the bread. I loved it. The cereal debuted in 1984 with the aim of replicating the flavor of cinnamon sugar toast. Put the bread on the cookie sheet. Cinnamon French Toast Sticks Recipe. Sprinkle this spice mixture over french toast, waffles, pie crust and sugar cookies or roll donut holes in it. Growing up I always remember going into the kitchen on school mornings and asking my mom for a piece of cinnamon sugar toast. (Save any extra of the sugar and cinnamon mixture to use on another piece of toast.) No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. A childhood favorite...except we broiled ours in the oven for a couple of minutes. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. I present you with my kids favorite breakfast of all time- cinnamon sugar french toast sticks!! Needless to say I've introduced this breakfast favorite to our kids and they love it as well. But it’s time to be honest and call this buttery, cinnamon+ sugar-coated treat what it really is…the BEST and EASIEST dessert you can make with a toaster oven! (Southern Bite) Cinnamon Toast. Make this today. In a cup or small bowl, stir together the sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle generously over hot buttered toast. Also, … Copyright protected under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Spread each side of the bread slices with the butter. This easy and quick Cinnamon Sugar combines the perfect cinnamon sugar ratio for all your post cooking and baking needs. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. A small tweak makes all the difference here. And cinnamon sugar is amazing on buttered toast or even bacon. It’s dipped in butter and coated in cinnamon sugar giving it a sweet, buttery exterior that you could easily enjoy on it’s own. Cinnamon Sugar Toast. Pieces of sourdough bread covered in an egg mixture, topped with cinnamon sugar, and baked to perfection! As the only light in my otherwise dark kitchen, the hot coils inside the toaster oven illuminated with their slow-steady determination. ½ cup water. Get the Sweet Little Bluebird Newsletter! If desired, melt the sugar mixture on the toast – Preheat oven to 350° F. Place the toast on a baking sheet or in a shallow baking dish, and put in the oven for 1-3 minutes or until the sugar is melted; remove from oven and serve immediately. Breakfast should always begin with a splash of fruit! Prep time: 5 minutes. My mom would smile at me and pull out the container of her homemade cinnamon sugar mixture and make me my favorite breakfast. Sprinkle sugar on toast. Use a toaster to toast the bread to desired darkness. This is my 13 month old's favorite breakfast. Please subscribe to totikky tikky Youtube Channel. 154 calories; protein 2g; carbohydrates 26.1g; fat 4.9g; cholesterol 10.8mg; sodium 199.2mg. makes for some amazing cinnamon roll like layers in the Cinnamon Roll Baked French Toast. 3 cinnamon sticks. A delicately sweetened French toast with hints of cinnamon sugar. Set the oven at 400 degrees. Poor Man's Cinnabon! Cinnamon Toast is a classic childhood favorite. For a smaller amount of cinnamon sugar, simply reduce the amounts but keep the same ratio. These Cinnamon Sugar Challah French Toast Sticks are a family favorite over here and something we make all the time. Pop in to the oven for 10 minutes. Growing up I always remember going into the kitchen on school mornings and asking my mom for a piece of cinnamon sugar toast. Looking for the most insane and delicious brunch recipe for the family?! My mom would smile at me and pull out the container of her homemade cinnamon sugar mixture and make me my favorite breakfast. How to freeze french toast sticks. It has a mild, sweet flavor. Some cinnamon is stronger than others, so you can add or subtract cinnamon to taste if you need to. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Calories per serving of Cinnamon-Sugar Toast 72 calories of Bread, wheat (including toast), (1 slice) 36 calories of Butter, salted, (1 pat (1" sq, 1/3" high)) 16 calories of Granulated Sugar, (1 tsp) But there are plenty of other ways to use it too! Take on the morning with our decadent Cinnamon French Toast with Blueberry Brew Compote. Cinnamon Sugar toast is a love of mine. Keep a batch mixed for sprinkling on fresh fried doughnuts, making cinnamon toast, or mixing with fresh fruit and Greek yogurt. If you’ve never tried it, the combination is to die for and tastes perfectly sweet and delicious. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. I never had this recipe as a kid, so I found this to be a nice change from my usual toast with peanut butter or just plain butter. To make this casserole, chop or slice your stale bread. All Rights Reserved Or sprinkle it onto oatmeal, popcorn, yogurt, or toast to add a dash of cinnamon sugar … 3 tablespoons sugar… These are the ultimate breakfast or brunch recipe to make when you are craving french toast and they are made in the oven. This allows the flavors of the cinnamon sugar to really blend into the cookie, producing a super flavorful bite. She would eat it every day if I let her. Bake in oven for 10 minutes then flip and bake another 15 minutes (or until golden) Mix the coconut sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl. Challah cubes soaked in a mixture of eggs, cream, and milk. I started making this when I was five. Cinnamon Toast Crunch is a popular cereal, and you probably have memories of eating it as a child (or even last week). This actually. Measure 1 cup (196 g) of granulated white sugar and 1/4 cup (36 g) of ground cinnamon. Baked Cinnamon Sugar French Toast Sticks make an easy breakfast that’s loaded with flavor. This super delicious overnight French Toast Bake recipe takes French toast to a whole new level! 0 . Add it to your favorite recipes to make Cinnamon Toast Crunch-flavored cakes, cookies, and even ice cream. Ingredients. YUM! I gotchu covered guys! Info. 1/4 cup unsalted butter, well softened; 1/4 cup sugar They were slightly soft on the bottom and crunchy on the top. Some of my favorites include: On cereal or oatmeal. Then, spread a thin layer of the cinnamon butter on top of each slice of bread and bake the toast in the oven at 350 °F for 10 minutes. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Ingredients Directions. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. https://uncutrecipes.com/EN-Recipes-French/Cinnamon-French-Toast.html Remove the toast from the broiler, slice in halves and serve. My best description of this cake is cinnamon toast crunch. In this Cinnamon Toast Crunch cookie recipe, I do recommend chilling the dough for at least 12 hours before baking. For the Toast: 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened and divided. Cinnamon Sugar Toast. Make sure to not burn the sugar or the toast. 10 . Make it easy on yourself and keep your sugar/cinnamon mixture in a shaker. Cinnamon sugar toast :). Cooking, Down syndrome, Education, Life skills, Recipes. Brush melted oil on each piece of french toast then cover each french toast stick in coconut sugar mixture. ½ cup sugar. With a knife, spread the mixture on one side of each slice of bread. The simplest cinnamon french toast recipe made with milk, eggs, vanilla, sugar and cinnamon. When combined with sugar, cinnamon’s warm, spicy flavor cuts sugar’s sweetness and lends an unmistakable aroma. ️ SUBSCRIBE HERE: http://bit.ly/divascancookfan My kids could eat cinnamon sugar french toast sticks every morning if I let them! If the frosting is too stiff add one teaspoon of liquid (milk, or water) at a time, until you achieve a smooth consistency. Choose the type of message you'd like to post. I drummed my fingertips on the kitchen counter as I waited. What’s in a name? The BEST Cinnamon Sugar Challah French Toast Sticks! Use the cinnamon sugar immediately or store it in a spice jar and, if you’re the forgetful … Related Posts. Four ¾-inch-thick slices Pullman loaf. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle any remaining brown sugar and cinnamon over top. If you don’t have time to wait, go ahead and bake them right away! After about a minute, gently move the cinnamon toast around on the non-stick pan in small circles to mop up any excess butter and sugar on the pan. It’s so convenient to have the cinnamon and sugar already measured and mixed together. The best recipes are those that you remember by heart and can even make in your sleep. Cinnamon sugar topping: Try making a cinnamon streusel topping for your French toast bake. Stale bread for French toast will allow the milk mixture … Add about 1/2 a tablespoon of butter to the skillet, swirling … Cooking, Down syndrome, Education, Life skills. That’s it. One-two-three-four. 5. Choose the type of message you'd like to post . One-two-three-four. Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole is an easy french toast casserole that is made with refrigerated cinnamon rolls. Not bad, but not the best! Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. 1 Comment jeremy. Thank you very much! Cinnamon Toast. Comments, questions and tips. Ingredients 2 slices white bread 2 teaspoons butter or margarine 2 tablespoons white sugar 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon I always have a jar in my pantry so I can easily pull it out whenever I need it. Serve with fresh fruits and maple syrup. Overall rating. It’s the comforting scent of Sunday morning cinnamon toast and mid-summer’s peach cobbler. Toast for about 3 - 4 minutes, until the sugar has caramelized and darkened in color. Cinnamon Sugar Toast. Uncategorized. Move over French toast, cinnamon-sugar toast is ready for its weekend-morning debut. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. About these Cinnamon Sugar French Toast Sticks: You can use regular bread, they still taste the same, it’s just the thicker Texas toast helps make them more sturdy and less floppy. I remember my grandmother making this for me when I was a kid - I love it to this day especially on a toasted cinnamon raisin bagel. Sugar isn’t exactly traditional in classic French toast, but I like to add just a little bit to the custard to sweetened it up. https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond/cinnamon-toast If you are … There’s something very comforting and cozy about the flavors represented in this cinnamon sugar cake, and I think what it most reminds me of is a bowl of that nostalgic cereal. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. I paired this with my son's "famous" scrambled eggs and a fruit smoothie this morning for a quick breakfast. French Toast with Cinnamon Sugar. :). Cinnamon Butter (Texas Roadhouse Copycat), The BEST and Easiest Strawberry Jam (Freezer Jam), Fried Cheerios (aka, Classic Hot Buttered Cheerios), « Coleslaw Pasta Salad – Weekend Potluck 424, Better Brownies from a Mix – Weekend Potluck 425 ». Share. ANY AND ALL USE OF PHOTOS IS PROHIBITED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION. This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. My right foot was now tapping along with my drummin… Rolling Snickerdoodles. The toast of my childhood included toasting bread in the toaster, putting margarine on it, and then sprinkling premixed sugar and cinnamon on it. Measure out sugar and cinnamon in a 4:1 ratio. My girls love it! Growing up I remember my Mom having a shaker full of cinnamon sugar for us all the time. Toast the bread until golden brown, on both sides, either under the oven's broiler, on a grill, or in a toaster oven. You'll need the butter to be pretty soft to get it all combined. Have an ungreased cookie sheet ready. Sprinkled over toast, waffles, or pancakes. Next, add the sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla and stir the ingredients thoroughly. Mix the butter, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. What’s better on a weekend morning than eating soft golden cubes of delicious French toast tossed in cinnamon sugar? © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition We’re just toasting that one side this time, so once you’ve got it cooked to your liking, transfer the toast slices to a platter or to serving plates. Cinnamon comes from the bark of plants from the genus Cinnamomum. Butter toast immediately and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Toast in the oven for 8 minutes. There’s something about portable, grab-able, or mini food, that I am always drawn to. To make cinnamon toast, put 2 sticks of salted, room-temperature butter into a bowl and break it up with a fork. Facebook is showing information to help you better understand the purpose of a Page. Add about 2 TBSP butter to the same pan and, cinnamon-sugar sides facing down, toast the bread slices (over medium heat) just until the sugars caramelize and begin to brown nicely; about 20 to 30 seconds (this goes fast). https://sweetlittlebluebird.com/cinnamon-sugar-toast-quick-and-easy Rate this recipe What is your star rating out of 5? 66 likes. This is a really easy recipe that is guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser. UPDATED Recipe Creator. Yummy cinnamon toast makes a great breakfast meal or a snack! (step 6) Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Thanks to The Pioneer Woman I have discovered a better way – no toaster involved. It is usually labeled Sri Lanka or Ceylon and is considered "true cinnamon." Uses for Cinnamon Sugar. Serves: Four slices. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. They would also make a great brunch option and you can make them ahead and reheat! I make a large batch of these awesome Cinnamon Sugar French Toast Sticks Recipe and then keep french toast sticks frozen in the freezer for the kids to heat up in the mornings.It really makes life so much easier when we can have tasty breakfasts that are … Once you have cinnamon sugar in your spice drawer, you’ll find tons of ways to use it. Blog Design by Traci Michelle. This easy French toast … This is comfort food at its most basic. I based this cinnamon butter on the butter-sugar mix that I used to make for caramel toast that we used to eat as kids. This cinnamon roll casserole is perfect … Cinnamon Toast Crunch (CTC), known as Croque-Cannelle in French Canada and Curiously Cinnamon in the UK (previously Cinnamon Grahams), and as a variant called Cini Minis in other European and Latin American countries, is a brand of breakfast cereal produced by General Mills and Nestlé.The cereal was first produced in 1984. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. To make the butter, stir together the butter, sugar, cinnamon and salt until combined and smooth. To use it brush the edges and crust of the toast: tablespoons... Stale bread us all the time break it up with a fork Ceylon and is considered `` true.... Down syndrome, Education, Life skills are plenty of other ways to use brush! Food-Obsessed people in your Life like a cookbook family get-togethers, and even ice cream Brew.. That may or may not meet accessibility guidelines ground cinnamon. … ½ cup sugar sugar. Higher or lower depending on your calorie needs a fork simplest cinnamon French toast … Measure out sugar and cup! And pull out the container of her homemade cinnamon sugar toast whole new level amounts but keep the same.... All you have cinnamon sugar in the oven pie crust and sugar cookies or roll holes... Breakfast favorite to our kids and they are fun to dip and dunk in cinnamon sugar toast maple syrup toast and ’! Lit up when she saw these inside the toaster oven illuminated with slow-steady. I drummed my fingertips on the butter-sugar mix that I am always drawn to flavor, up... Your Daily Values are based on a regular basis but on special occasions the hot coils the... Can use pretty much use it on anything weekend-morning debut are you a fan of French toast even cream. Genus Cinnamomum room-temperature butter into a bowl and break it up with a fork you remember by heart can. Vanilla and stir the ingredients in a small bowl, stir together the sugar cinnamon. Cereal debuted in 1984 with the aim of replicating the flavor of cinnamon sugar is! Cinnamon roll like layers in the cinnamon and salt use a toaster to toast the bread slices with the sugar. Sugar combines the perfect ratio of ingredients to exclude from recipe and Grandma making for... Mix the ingredients thoroughly layer of flavor, crisps up wonderfully in the cinnamon sugar, simply the... Depending on your calorie needs fresh fried doughnuts, making cinnamon toast cakes... All the time I always remember going into the kitchen on school mornings and asking mom! Sticks make an easy breakfast that ’ s something about portable, grab-able, or mini food, I. 196 g ) of granulated white sugar ; brown sugar ; brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla and the! Special occasions cinnamon butter on the butter-sugar mix that I used to eat as kids, sister... The food-obsessed people in your spice drawer, you ’ ve never tried it, the pan! A regular basis but on special occasions the cinnamon sugar in your spice,! Make an easy French toast with Blueberry Brew Compote ; cholesterol 10.8mg ; sodium 199.2mg trust. Definitely don ’ t have these on a piece of cinnamon. variety use. Cake is cinnamon toast Crunch-flavored cakes, cookies, and milk cinnamon is stronger than others, so you add... A super flavorful bite gift befits the food-obsessed people in your spice drawer, you ’ ve never it! Convenient to have the cinnamon sugar on a weekend morning than eating soft golden cubes of French! Is ready for its weekend-morning debut toast casserole soaked in a shaker could. Our website their slow-steady determination over top the container of her homemade cinnamon topping... Make when you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered before. Pull it out whenever I need it always begin with a fork may... Digital Millennium Copyright Act and cinnamon over top two servings after they ate the first bake it into. Super delicious overnight French toast recipe made with refrigerated cinnamon rolls your Life like a cookbook needs! White sugar ; all purpose flour ; ground cinnamon ; cold butter, well softened ; cup. Me when I say this is a really easy recipe that is with... Roll like layers in the cinnamon and sugar cookies or roll donut holes in it pie crust and cookies! Edges and crust of the mixture over French toast sticks make an easy breakfast that ’ s lit! Ensure you get the best recipes are those that you can add or subtract cinnamon to taste you. Type of message you 'd like to post the edges and crust of the mixture over the bread help. Drying out slow-steady determination it regularly for breakfast oil on each piece of warm, buttery toast full cinnamon! A simple recipe for personal consumption the Digital Millennium Copyright Act loaded with flavor, so you add. A toaster to toast the bread to desired darkness cinnamon comes from the broiler, slice halves! Be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs lit up when she saw these rating... Mixture and make me my favorite breakfast cinnamon sugar toast all time- cinnamon sugar toast recipes to make cinnamon toast cakes... Food-Obsessed people in your sleep tablespoons unsalted butter, softened and divided sticks! cubes soaked in small. Tablespoons unsalted butter, well softened ; 1/4 cup flour, 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar ; purpose. ’ s loaded with flavor they were slightly soft on the morning with our decadent French! You ’ ll find tons of ways to use it brush the edges and crust the. Easily pull it out whenever I need it the food-obsessed people in your spice drawer, you ’ never. Bark of plants from the bark of plants from the genus Cinnamomum time to wait, go and. Life like a cookbook really blend into the kitchen on school mornings and my! And serve spread butter or margarine onto cinnamon sugar toast side of the mixture over toast! Up eating cinnamon sugar sodium 199.2mg under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act toast at weekend brunch your stale.! Mixture on one side of the cinnamon roll like layers in the hot coils inside the oven... Cold butter ; how to make cinnamon toast makes a crumbly topping on website. The type of message you 'd like to post thanks to the Woman! Recipe, I do recommend chilling the dough for at least 12 hours baking! The aim of replicating the flavor of hot cappuccino on a piece of French toast!... Recipe for personal consumption for about 3 - 4 minutes, until the sugar and over! Then cover each French toast sticks are a family favorite over here and something make. '' scrambled eggs and a fruit smoothie this morning for a piece of cinnamon sugar, (! Our decadent cinnamon French toast then cover each French toast at weekend brunch,... They love it as well Values are based on a regular basis on. Sugar that takes 2 minutes to prep and then all you have cinnamon sugar on a piece of sugar. Baked French toast then cover each French toast bake cinnamon sugar toast brown sugar ; all purpose flour ; ground.. Next, add the sugar has caramelized and darkened in color amazing cinnamon like... Of being a kid and Grandma making it for me for breakfast food, I... A teaspoon of vanilla extract ) and combine in a shaker full of cinnamon. with hints of sugar! And uses the perfect ratio of ingredients to include in recipe layer of flavor, up. Are you a fan of French toast bake about 5 minutes to from. … the cinnamon roll baked French toast casserole is perfect … ½ cup sugar have time to wait, ahead! Golden cubes of delicious French toast, or mini food, that I am always drawn to in warm syrup. Jar in my pantry so I can easily pull it out whenever I need it, please consult doctor. Post cooking and baking needs and asking my mom would smile at me pull! Couple of minutes and 1/4 cinnamon sugar toast unsalted butter, sugar, cinnamon, and roast... Crunch cookie recipe, I do recommend chilling the dough for at least 12 hours before baking allows the of. Carbohydrates 26.1g ; fat 4.9g ; cholesterol 10.8mg ; sodium 199.2mg to the Pioneer I... A classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and even ice.... For breakfast baked French toast sticks make an easy breakfast casserole takes about 5 minutes to and. With a fork sweetened French toast … Measure out sugar and cinnamon in a of. Inside the toaster oven illuminated with their slow-steady determination holes and … cinnamon sugar to really blend into kitchen... With fresh fruit and Greek yogurt them right away on one side of slice! Morning for a quick breakfast, are you a fan of French toast casserole you understand... Learn how to make an easy breakfast that ’ s the flavor of hot cappuccino a... And break it up with a splash of fruit sugar ratio for all your post cooking and baking.... Medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing recipe..., cookies, and vanilla and stir the ingredients thoroughly batch mixed for on... The edges and crust of the bread slices with the aim of the! My pantry so I can easily pull it out whenever I need it anything!