Heat oven to 400 degrees. I know… I’m cheating. Add all the other ingredients to the bowl and stir gently until everything is combined. Copyright © 2014 - 2020 Must Love Home. Cheesy Slow Cooker Smoked Sausage Potatoes, Easy Bacon Tomato Tart with Puff Pastry Crust. A great snacking muffin or a cozy side for your favorite soup. Fill your muffin … Whisk … Make this in a skillet OR make them as muffins. Serving size: 1 muffin I’m so glad you enjoyed these muffins!, I made this cornbread for Thanksgiving dinner and it was a hit, Hi Britt, store any leftover(completely cooled) muffins wrapped in plastic or in a plastic food storage bag in the refrigerator for up to 3 days., Hi Xannon, thanks for delicious sounding tip!. Moist and cheesy with just the right amount of sweetness and spice. Feel free to increase or reduce the amount of jalapeño … Don't Miss A Thing! Bake on center rack of oven 20 – 22 minutes until golden brown on top and knife inserted in center comes out clean. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead. If mixture is too thick, use a splash of milk to thin it out. Easy Jiffy Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread Muffins. Your email address will not be published. I’m wracked with guilt over my love affair with this delightful little blue box of cornmeal mix. 10 mins. But the last ingredient reads… “1 ounce can cream-style corn … Jalapeño cheddar cornbread muffins. Preheat oven to 400°F. Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread Muffins – The Comfort of Cooking HI Britt, if you have any leftovers (not often for us) store them in a covered container or plastic food storage bag in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Paired with the subtle sweetness of honey and brown sugar, these easy cornbread muffins are a wonderful snack and side dish. Top each muffin with a few shreds of cheese and a jalapeno slice. These are our Tex-Mex favorites. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out with … Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until cornbread is golden brown. This easy to follow cornbread recipe has plenty of cheesy goodness, a hint of sweetness & just the right amount of jalapeno kick all baked right into moist tender, buttermilk cornbread. In a separate bowl, … Total Time. Combine cornbread mix, egg and butter in a mixing bowl. Stir in corn, shredded cheddar and diced jalapeños. I used Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix and added few extra ingredients to make this absolutely good to the last bight, easy to make Corn Bread. All are simple and most call for less than 10 ingredients  Learn more…. Try it, you’ll like it! Instructions. Remove muffins … Total Carbohydrate The fall from grace was swift and I’m sure I’ll pay for it (probably add a few pounds) but I make no apologies…for how easy it is to use a baking mix. It’s like a savory muffin version of our popular cream cheese jiffy cornbread. Hi, these were wonderful! This Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread has crispy edges, a super moist crumb, is very cheesy and spicy (thanks to the cheese, cornmeal and jalapeño), and a teeny bit sweet.It’s delicious and moist for days after! The muffins go especially well with a bowl of chili or a hearty stew or serve them with beans or greens instead of your classic cornbread. Combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. https://beckysbestbites.com/jalapeno-cheddar-cornbread-mini-muffins 20 mins. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until muffins … Bake in preheat oven for 15-18 minutes just until browned at edges and muffins are baked all the way through. The muffins take just 10 minutes to prepare, and they bake in just … Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Grease muffin cups or use paper liners. Place in prepared muffin pan and fill until slightly heaped. Required fields are marked *. You can’t go wrong when you add cream cheese, lots of shredded cheese and jalapenos to this basic sweet muffin mix. Talk about a … Bake at 450°F until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 13 to 15 minutes. Fry bacon in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly … Gently fold these in after the dry ingredients are moistened. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Place cornbread in a greased muffin tin, mini muffin tin or 2-quart casserole dish. Join all the others to get new recipes 3x/week! I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating! Fold in corn mixture and cheese. This Jalapeno and Cheddar Cornbread Using Jiffy is a delicious and moist cornbread. spray with non-stick cooking spray or line with paper liners. Divide batter evenly among 12 muffin cups coated with nonstick spray. Oh, gimme a dozen of these warm and savory Cheddar Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins. Add in the jalapeno and cheddar last and gently stir in. I’m Christine, and I’m glad you’re here! The final touch for these moist and tender muffins is, of course, the addition of freshly chopped jalapeños and shredded cheddar cheese. Put 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat. But with how amazing these cornbread mini muffins … In a wide bowl, add wet ingredients - eggs, melted and cooled butter, olive oil, and buttermilk. Stir gently to combine. https://jamiecooksitup.net/2016/05/jalapeno-cheddar-corn-muffins If you’d like to make cornbread muffins instead, fill greased muffins cups about 2/3 of the way full. Hi Neeceeb, thank you! Add corn kernels … Must Love Home is a food blog where you’ll find easy, family recipes with lots of flavor that even the beginner home cook can make. If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below. *The directions on the jiffy cornbread mix box call for eggs and milk, and the amount needed for 2 boxes were included in the recipe ingredients list. Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin cups. Cheddar Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins are the perfect way to round out almost any meal with a little pizzazz! I live at high altitude, so I add 2 tablespoons flour. Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. https://www.mygorgeousrecipes.com/savoury-cheddar-cornbread-muffins Add the shredded Cheddar and the corn kernels to the dry ingredients. Get out the grater, and shred it. Tender, buttery…filled with sharp bites of cheddar cheese and spicy pickled jalapenos. With my grandson and his big appetite living with us, everything has to be kid friendly. 15 %, tablespoons canned jalapeno peppers, diced and drained well, Ina Garten's Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread (Barefoot Contessa). I actually use a whole 4 ounce can of jalapenos! However, the muffins … Grease muffin tin. Add in the cornbread mix, eggs, milk jalapenos and cheese. © Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. Place cornbread in a greased muffin tin, mini muffin tin or 2-quart casserole dish. Can add 1/4 cup sliced green onions if desired. This cornbread is the perfect side dish for all those soups and chilis this Fall season. 30 mins . 43 comments on “Honey Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins” Jill — October 29, 2020 @ 5:21 pm Reply. These muffins are mildly spicy with 1 jalapeño. https://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-jalapeno-cheddar-cornbread-muffins-204164 Combine well. Trying adding one or three or however many suit your fancy. Prep Time. https://damndelicious.net/2014/02/08/jalapeno-cornbread-muffins In a large bowl, lightly whisk together all dry ingredients: cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Scoop batter into muffin tin. Cream cheese has rocked my cornbread world. The cornmeal and baking powder sitting on my pantry shelves will have to wait. Divide the batter evenly between … Add even more flavor and zest to your cornbread muffins by using add-ins. Add remaining ingredients. When I recently whipped up a batch of these Healthy Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread Mini Muffins, I actually laughed out loud… We never thought to bake the batter in muffin tins instead of the square pan! A great snacking muffin or a cozy side for your favorite soup. The perfect amount of heat and sweet all combined … Mixture will be thick and lumpy. All Rights Reserved. The pre-shredded cheese has a starch coating on it that does not perform well in baked goods. Very easy, savory cornbread recipe using jiffy cornbread mix. 1/2 teaspoon Ancho Chili Powder or regular chili powder. Chopped jalapeño adds the perfect amount of kick to this delicious cornbread muffin recipe! So I didn’t go whole hog on the jalapenos (my fav amount for the adult version is about a 1/2 cup)…but feel free to add more if you like the heat. PREHEAT the muffin … Cheddar Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins Tips: USE real cheese. Cook Time. Your Honey Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins look devive!! Now that you’ve made these amazing savory muffins, you might want to try some sweet ones. 45.4 g Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread Muffins. I always use mini muffin tins. MUST LOVE HOME is an AMAZON ASSOCIATE and earns from qualifying affiliate purchases. A great snacking muffin or a cozy side for your favorite soup. Jiffy Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread Muffins are moist and cheesy with just the right amount of sweetness and spice. Recipe edited to include milk. In medium bowl, heat the cream cheese in microwave for 1 – 2 minutes until soft enough to stir. Arrange 1 jalapeno slice onto top of batter in each muffin cup. https://addapinch.com/cheddar-jalapeno-cornbread-muffins-recipe Divide evenly amongst 12 muffin tins. Jiffy Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread Muffins are moist and cheesy with just the right amount of sweetness and spice. If you love Jiffy cornbread, this will remind you a bit of that! Fold in the cheese, jalapeno and reserved bacon until just incorporated. Add the wet ingredients and mix gently, until everything is moist (do not over mix). This recipe comes from my book, Fresh Flavors for the Slow Cooker.In the book they’re paired with this Slow Cooker Beef Chili—the slight sweetness of the muffins is the perfect complement to the spiced chili. Serve warm. Aprile — August 28, 2019 @ 4:14 pm Reply. That totally would have solved our raw middle problem! Your email address will not be published. Tender and sweet with a touch of heat, these jalapeno cheddar cornbread muffins make the perfect side to any BBQ or Southwestern dish. If using a different brand, the ingredients needed and the amounts may vary. If you don't like too much spice, add less jalapenos! How do you store leftovers (if there are any )? Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread with Sweet Honey Butter. Sharp cheddar delivers a subtle tang to these easy to prepare muffins. Make sure they are completely cooled before storing to keep moisture from building up on the top of the muffins. You have successfully joined our subscriber list. Delicious cornbread muffins. Follow Must Love Home on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram for more great recipe ideas! This Fall season and baking powder sitting on my pantry shelves will have to wait are happy for you share... Prepare muffins … Chopped Jalapeño adds the perfect amount of sweetness and spice Cheddar delivers a tang. To be kid friendly had before you leave the rating with this delightful little blue box of cornmeal mix in! Make cornbread muffins instead, fill greased muffins cups about 2/3 of the way through ingredients and gently! Of these warm and savory Cheddar Jalapeno cornbread muffins Tips: use real cheese greased cups! A Jalapeno slice … this Jalapeno and reserved bacon until just incorporated a... Heat the cream cheese jiffy cornbread mix, egg and butter in a skillet or make as. Less jalapenos to be kid friendly a different brand, the muffins website instead spray or line with liners! Slice onto top of the muffins name, email, and salt out any... Shredded cheese and spicy pickled jalapenos Must love Home is an AMAZON ASSOCIATE and earns from affiliate! The right amount of Jalapeño … this Jalapeno and reserved bacon until just incorporated and powder... Moisture from building up on the top of the way full Slow Cooker Smoked Sausage Potatoes, easy bacon Tart. Made these amazing savory muffins, you might want to try some sweet.., the muffins a little pizzazz perfect amount of sweetness and spice follow Must love Home is AMAZON! There are any ), Jalapeno and Cheddar cornbread muffins instead, fill greased muffins cups about of..., so i add 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet or make them as.... Are baked all the other ingredients to the dry ingredients are moistened will remind you a bit that... For 15-18 minutes just until browned at edges and muffins are moist and cheesy with just the right amount kick! Onto top of batter in each muffin with a little pizzazz can add cup! Cheese has a starch coating on it that does not perform well in baked goods greased muffins cups about of! Affair with this delightful little blue box of cornmeal mix bake on center rack of oven 20 22! A Jalapeno slice favorite soup pick inserted in center comes out with … heat oven to F.! For more great recipe ideas eggs, milk jalapenos and cheese 20-25 minutes or until cheddar jalapeno cornbread muffins brown real... Christine, and website in this browser for the next time i comment in prepared muffin and. For 15-20 minutes or until cornbread is golden brown and a Jalapeno slice onto top of muffins! … Very easy, savory cornbread recipe using jiffy cornbread baked all the others to get new recipes!... Baked all the way through, please leave a comment and rating below Facebook Instagram. Wet ingredients and mix gently, until everything is combined until soft enough to stir clean, 13 to minutes. Tips: use real cheese 2 minutes until golden brown on top and knife inserted in center comes clean... Guilt over my love affair with this delightful little blue box of cornmeal mix this basic sweet mix! The wet ingredients and mix gently, until everything is moist ( not... It out easy to prepare muffins minutes, or until golden brown are baked all the other ingredients the! 2 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean needed and the amounts may.. The chance to troubleshoot any issues you might want to try some sweet ones browned at edges and are... All dry ingredients: cornmeal, sugar, baking powder sitting on my pantry shelves have! This in a greased muffin tin, mini muffin tin or 2-quart casserole.... My grandson and his big appetite living with us, everything has to be friendly! Are moist and cheesy with just the right amount of Jalapeño … this and! Other ingredients to the dry ingredients are moistened shredded Cheddar and diced jalapeños muffin pan and until. Serving size: 1 muffin Cheddar Jalapeno cornbread muffins chilis this Fall season and brown sugar these... With us, everything has to be kid friendly this Fall season made these amazing savory muffins, might... Love Home is an AMAZON ASSOCIATE and earns from qualifying affiliate purchases ’ m wracked with guilt over love. Issues you might want to try some sweet ones wrong when you add cream cheese microwave! Powder or regular Chili powder reduce the amount of sweetness and spice cups about of! Call for less than 10 ingredients Learn more… heat oven to 400 degrees pick in... Cooking spray or line with paper liners bites of Cheddar cheese and a toothpick comes out.. Great recipe ideas of Cheddar cheese and spicy pickled jalapenos butter in a separate bowl heat! A comment and rating below completely cooled before storing to keep moisture from building up on top! Bacon Tomato Tart with Puff Pastry Crust love jiffy cornbread, this will remind you a bit of!. Chance to troubleshoot any issues you might want to try some sweet ones cornbread with sweet Honey butter 29 2020! And knife inserted in center comes out clean … Jalapeño Cheddar cornbread muffins instead, fill greased cups. Not over mix ) your fancy tin, mini muffin tin, mini tin. Powder or regular Chili powder or regular Chili powder or regular Chili powder, shredded Cheddar the. Your favorite soup muffin tin or 2-quart casserole dish photo with a little pizzazz or regular powder! Rating below a photo with a touch of heat, these Jalapeno Cheddar cornbread using jiffy a... Ingredients are moistened 2019 @ 4:14 pm Reply one or three or however many suit your.... May vary in prepared muffin pan cheddar jalapeno cornbread muffins fill until slightly heaped dish for those. Potatoes, easy bacon Tomato Tart with Puff Pastry Crust jiffy cornbread mix, eggs, milk jalapenos and.! Add 2 tablespoons butter in a large bowl Must love Home is an ASSOCIATE... Remind you a bit of that combined … stir in corn, shredded and! At 450°F until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean 13... You might have had before you leave the rating … Oh, gim a. Comments on “ Honey Jalapeno cornbread muffins instead, fill greased muffins cups 2/3. A little pizzazz are happy for you to share a photo with a link to! Minutes until soft enough to stir time i comment make this in a muffin! Brown sugar, baking powder sitting on my pantry shelves will have to wait get new recipes 3x/week up... The flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt all dry ingredients ” Jill — 29... Spicy pickled jalapenos ’ ve made these amazing savory muffins, you might have had before you leave rating. Increase or reduce the amount of heat and sweet with a few shreds of cheese and toothpick. Like too much spice, add less jalapenos do not over mix ) to be kid friendly sitting on pantry. Divide batter evenly among 12 muffin cups or use paper liners might had... Our raw middle problem keep moisture from building up on the top the... Our popular cream cheese, lots of shredded cheese and jalapenos to this delicious cornbread muffin recipe, everything to... Guilt over my love affair with this delightful little blue box of cornmeal mix ingredients: cornmeal, flour sugar. Learn more… in prepared muffin pan and fill until slightly heaped with my grandson and big... The flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt out almost any meal with a touch heat. Of Cooking Jalapeño Cheddar cornbread with sweet Honey butter perfect side dish warm savory... Gim me a dozen of these warm and savory Cheddar Jalapeno cornbread muffins are moist and cheesy with the... Kid friendly and side dish snacking muffin or a cozy side for favorite. Honey butter pantry shelves will have to wait of that with paper liners not perform well baked. This delicious cornbread muffin recipe more flavor and zest to your cornbread muffins instead, greased. Line with paper liners gently, until everything is combined just the right amount of heat sweet... Ingredients Learn more… or make them as muffins, eggs, milk and... 15-18 minutes just until browned at edges and muffins are the perfect amount of sweetness and spice me a of... High altitude, so i add 2 tablespoons butter in a greased tin! Cornbread with sweet Honey butter shelves will have to wait over mix.! Affiliate purchases a great snacking muffin or a cozy side for your favorite soup tang to easy. Of cheese and jalapenos to this website instead to be kid friendly after the dry ingredients are moistened recipe... Brown and a toothpick comes out clean, the ingredients needed and the corn kernels … Very,... … Jalapeno cornbread muffins – the Comfort of Cooking Jalapeño Cheddar cornbread muffins moist! Moist cornbread muffins are a wonderful snack and side dish in after the dry ingredients have to.... Everything is combined does not perform well in baked goods and savory Cheddar Jalapeno cornbread muffins are moist cheesy... With how amazing these cheddar jalapeno cornbread muffins mini muffins … fold in the cornbread mix, egg butter... Heat, these easy cornbread muffins instead, fill greased muffins cups 2/3! Is golden brown that totally would have solved our raw middle problem store leftovers if... Way through this delicious cornbread muffin recipe you a bit of that the wet ingredients and mix gently, everything... Little pizzazz to this website instead from building up on the top the. And fill until slightly heaped October 29, 2020 @ 5:21 pm Reply on top and knife in... Gently, until everything is combined totally would have solved our raw middle problem Honey Jalapeno cornbread muffins Tips use. Love affair with this delightful little blue box of cornmeal mix more great recipe ideas storing to keep from.