I’ve created this habit where I watch old Grumps video before I go to sleep, every night now, Tonight’s video just happened to be “The Berenstain Bears On Their Own And You On Your Own”, Oh my gosh. heres my picture of the big honey hunt. Visit their site to learn more and buy tickets! Have we moved into an alternate reality? i will post the picture if anybody wants me to.still i remember berenstEin not berenstAin. I didn't know I'd have to write a description. The Berensteinites first major Reddit appearance occurred when they took over a post asking if anyone had ever seen a picture of Henry VIII eating a turkey leg. After Stan died, Mike helped Jan work on the books from 2005 to 2012 (her death) and she apparently steered them in the "living lights" (the religious collection title) direction, and he has continued with that since she passed. When I was in 3rd grade (2011), I checked out a Berenstain book at the school library. The books were almost universally beloved by children of the era, unlike many other children’s book franchises of the decade. reddit/mochanutcoconut Others contesters, however, go back and check their childhood books, and find that the name does turn out to be Berenstain. Submit interesting and specific facts about something that you just found out here. I can send photos to anyone who wants them. All topics related to atheism, agnosticism and secular living are welcome here. Paperback $13.49 $ 13. If Fred, Gramps, and Gran are all related to Papa but Fred isn't Gran's grandson, the only possible scenario is that Gramps had Fred's parent with another she-bear. There is a logical explanation to this huge collective misunderstanding. Over at Reddit, the reactions and comments about the subject became too much for their moderators, who banned the Berenstein/stain topic. For those who grew up in the 1960s-1980s, the Berenstain Bears were a constant series in classrooms and in the library. 99. This sub is meant to be a place to discuss the effect under the presupposition that for whatever reason, *it is really happening,* at the exclusion of the theory of Confabulation. The Berenstain Bears' Big Book of Science and Nature (Dover Children's Science Books) by Stan Berenstain and Jan Berenstain | Dec 19, 2012. This conspiracy theory from Reddit about the real spelling 'Berenstain Bears' will make you think twice. I don’t know which is funnier, Dan shouting “Take The Shot!” Or Arin doing the sound of the bullet hitting them. FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon. Soooo, yeah. For anything about the YouTube gaming channel Game Grumps. The idea is that a whole lot of people remember the spelling of this name being "BerenstEin," when in actuality all evidence points to it having been "BerenstAin" the whole time. Nostalgia is often triggered by something reminding you of a happier time. In the "Pet Show" episode, Brother says that he is Gran's only grandson, implying that Fred isn't Gran's grandson. Boys and girls ages 3 to 7 will love this sweet, faith-based story filled with fun, colorful illustrations--it's the perfect read-aloud for any day! From shop SaigesBooks. Over at Reddit, the reactions and comments about the subject became too much for their moderators, who banned the Berenstein/stain topic. 5 out of 5 stars (66) 66 reviews $ 3.00. Now, if you don’t know about The Berenstein Bears, they were a series of children’s books, and eventually a cartoon, created by Stan and Jan Berenstein. Don't miss NYC's #1 family musical for Mamas, Papas, and Cubs of all ages. It is our intent and purpose to foster and encourage in-depth discussion about all things related to books, authors, genres, or publishing in a safe, supportive environment. Berenstein or Berenstain? I’m the biggest skeptic and don’t USUALLY believe in any of the Mandela effects, but I have core evidence of how it used to be Berenstein. The picture contains the spelling “Berenstein Bears” which they claimed to have proved the theory. Then the TV show which from 1985-2003 cemented the family of gentle bears into popular culture. from mildlyinteresting. Whether it's an old commercial or a book from your past, it belongs in /r/nostalgia. I'm not sure how to post pictures here, but I have an original Beginner Book titled "The Bear Scouts" copyright 1967 that says "Berenstain". Welcome to r/Funny, Reddit's largest humour depository. r/pics. 2.0m. Stuff that interests you. Have we moved into an alternate reality? are now in their 4th smash year in NYC. Get it as soon as Tomorrow, Jan 21. Get it as soon as Fri, Nov 13. And I swear to God that it wasn't a munchkin swinging from a tree in the background. sadly it still says berenstain. Favorite Add to Scrap berenstain bears fabric TwoSawsFabrics. Favorite These people swear that he had passed away and remember specific details about his fu… This term comes from an instance where a woman named Fiona Broome specifically remembered details of Nelson Mandela passing away in prison in the 1980s and then finding out he was in fact still alive. Only 1 available and it's in 1 person's cart. My husband and I are heavily streamlining our VHS collection. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. You learn something new every day; what did you learn today? I'm currently packing for a move. Look closer. A public sub for those experiencing the phenomenon of the Retcon Effect, or Real-Life Retroactive Continuity, sometimes known as the Mandela Effect. A contributor on Reddit has shared that while packing for a move, she found an old Berenstain Bears VHS tape that has a “Berenstein Bears” label on it. I realized shortly after hearing about this Mandela effect: If you ever watched the show growing up the theme song is sung with a thick southern accent. The bizarre theory that the children's book The Berenstain Bears was originally spelled a completely different way has recently taken the internet by storm. Probably conflated with its competitor Skippy; possibly a brand of … A small change, but a noticeable one. NOTE: this is not a dumping ground for normal memes, please post new templates, or ask for opinions on old templates in template form only. Join. I remember feeling so dumbfounded for saying Berenstain BECAUSE IT DIDNT HAVE AN “A” BACK THEN. Can anyone explain why? How many words is that so far, like a hundred? Anyone agree with this? Aww, cripes. Jiffy peanut butter vs. Jif. It came directly from my grandparents' house & it's been with me since childhood, so it's unaltered. All kinds of theories from simple mass-misremembering to the existence of parallel universes have been proposed to explain it away. 49 $14.99 $14.99. If you're looking for help with a personal book recommendation, consult our Weekly Recommendation Thread, Suggested Reading page, or ask in r/suggestmeabook. They focused on a family of bears, and did the usual educational children’s book/tv series thing. This Berenstain Bears Conspiracy Will Blow Your Mind | Fangirl Mysteries A new conspiracy theory has taken the Internet and childhood nostalgia by storm. but i have a very old book called the big honey hunt. Berenstein or Berenstain? So grab your Pogs, Surge cans and Thriller cassettes, and we'll see you in /r/nostalgia! But we started to question every (supposedly concrete) childhood memory we’ve ever had when the Berenstain Bears controversy hit the Internet (particularly, Reddit). Like my entire childhood and life. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, https://preview.redd.it/2vu1ckf3cca61.png?width=252&format=png&auto=webp&s=59e2ee9ff2b61d52b39542d67c1a26921dccddfe. 4.8 out of 5 stars 614. Everyone knows the family's name is Berenstein, right? Or, has anyone considered this explanation before? 26.7m members. Press J to jump to the feed. I was absolutely convinced it was the Berenstein Bears. Who doesn't remember reading the classic children's books, "The Berenstain Bears" as a kid? The Berenstein Bears. A subreddit for sharing those miniature epiphanies you have that highlight the oddities within the familiar. 4.7 out of 5 stars 941. card classic compact. Could it mean our timeline has been tampered with? My sister and mother do as well. Book Series; Posts. I found my old Berenstein Bears VHS and the official labels say both Stein and Stain. To get started, see the pinned mod post. A new conspiracy theory has taken the Internet and childhood nostalgia by storm. The Berenstain/Berenstein Bears conspiracy might prove the existence of parallel universes! It literally says Berenstein bears on the bottom of the tag but Berenstain bears on the top. Someone asked me what book I got and I said “Berenstain” so they asked why did I pronounce it like that. but i was born in 2011 so it is weird. Members. Created Jun 10, 2013. Admittedly, I first read about this phenomenon on reddit, but I wanted to bring it to you, GBS. The shock of this revelation has led some to believe in alternate or parallel universes in which “The Berenstein Bears” were created and “The Berenstain Bears” is some massive, crazy, Internet hoax. I was confused so they asked to see my book and they pointed to the E she pronounced it “Berenstein” but STEIN as in Frankenstein. The Berenstain Bears Patience, Please (Berenstain Bears/Living Lights: A Faith Story) by Mike Berenstain | Aug 6, 2019. Press J to jump to the feed. Today reddit co-founder, and ardent defender of the free exchange of ideas on the modern internet, Aaron Swartz would have been 34. A subreddit to help you keep up to date with what's going on with reddit and other stuff. But I recently bought a "Get the Gimmies" book, and the story seemed different from what I read years ago, there are pages that I remember reading but they now seem nonexistant. Collaborate with other fellow meme traders to analyze the new formats on the block, and use the pinned bot (MIB) to actually invest in posts. childrens books You and I remember them as the Berenstein Bears, but at some point in the last few decades *something* changed, and we were left with the Berenstain Bears. This 32-page hardcover Berenstain Bears storybook, created by Mike Berenstain, son of Stan and Jan Berenstain, includes a soon-to-be classic story about the joy of caring for family and friends! books A small change, but a noticeable one. help Reddit App Reddit coins Reddit premium Reddit gifts. But many rationalists believed that the image was photoshopped and photo forensics proved the same. I have confirmed this IRL with several friends. Stan and Jan Berenstain have nothing to do with the books anymore, and Stan's son Mike is now in charge of them. A home for the Barenstain Bears and other children's book parodies. Communities. From shop LauraTrev1. Only 1 available and it's in 1 person's cart. so im not sure if this belongs here. Stain appears on the front label while Stein appears on the side. The Berenstain Bears Book, Vintage Berenstein Bears book, Vintage Berenstain Bears Paperback book LauraTrev1. In his short time on earth, beyond co-founding reddit, Aaron also played a roll in RSS and helped to implement the … "My best friend found this tag when they were cleaning out her grandma's house on some old BERENSTEIN Bears," the Reddit post from September 16, 2017 reads. Could it mean our timeline has been tampered with? Posts about Berenstain Bears. ... A subreddit to help you keep up to date with what's going on with reddit and other stuff. It was a film of a munchkin dropping down hanging that was layered over the actual movie scene. 5 out of 5 stars (1,594) 1,594 reviews $ 4.00. I am honest to God FLOORED. You and I remember them as the Berenstein Bears, but at some point in the last few decades *something* changed, and we were left with the Berenstain Bears. I had forgotten about “Take The Shot”, “Get all of the food, throw it in the pot, their right out in the open, Jimmy Take The Shot.”. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Vintage Berenstain Bears Books - Choose Your Title - Vacation & Camping Books - Berenstein Bears Books - Vintage Kids Books - Childrens Book SaigesBooks. Find the best posts and communities about Berenstain Bears on Reddit. Here we can take pleasure in reminiscing about the good ol' days... times we shared with loved ones, both humorous and sad. The 'conspiracy' has been floating around the internet for a little while now although it wasn't until a post I made on reddit in 2014 garnered new interest online that the topic went viral. Berenstain Bears. Log In Sign Up. Welcome to r/atheism, the web's largest atheist forum. Does anyone remember this as well? r/AskReddit is the place to ask and answer thought-provoking questions. Yes, the top bold label on these vintage Berensta(e)in Bear stuffed animals says, "Berenstain." Also, and of less consequence, the label my mom put on the plastic video cover reads Stein. However, in the "Family Get Together" episode, Brother and Sister ask why Gramps, Gran, and Fred aren't coming to the family reunion, and Mama says that it's for her side of the family, implying that Fred, Gramps, and Gran are all on Papa's side, which further implies that Fred is Gran's grandson. Upon asking her peers and many others, she found that there was a large number of people who distinctly remember the death of Nelson Mandela, long before his eventual death in 2013. Over at Reddit, the reactions and comments about the subject became too much for their moderators, who banned the Berenstein/stain topic. Mildly interesting stuff. The Berenst (E)ain Bears Conspiracy Theory asks: Wasn’t it BerenST... You might remember reading The Berenstein Bears books or watching the cartoon when you were little. Paperback $3.99 $ 3. I recommend watching this episode if you haven’t and if you have go rewatch it because it’s hilarious. v2.0 now at meme.market, new UI, meme generator, +more. Welcome to the official home of The Berenstain Bears on YouTube.Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE today! vintage books. This is a moderated subreddit. To prove my point, in the "Moving Day" episode we learn that the family didn't meet Fred until they moved to Bear Country. Gramps probably never told Papa about his illegitimate half-sibling, and the family didn't find out about it until Papa met Fred's parents and eventually realized that they shared a father. I saw this in 1998. My father, a neurologist with a nearly photographic memory, remembers it spelled the same way. 8.6k. Online. FREE Shipping on … The Mandela Effect is a GROUP of people realizing they remember things differently than is generally known to be fact. User account menu. card. Mildly. The Berenstain Bears LIVE! The Berenstain Bears Alternate Reality Theory, recently reanimated by a Vice article, is just another example of people seeing their … The Berenstain Bears..." And since the entire song is sung with a southern accent we mentally compensate for this and assume she means to say "Berenstein Bears" since we are trying to translate the title of the show into our own accent. Press J to jump to the feed. I distinctly remember a buddy and me in the eighth grade watching Wizard of Oz to see the munchkin suicided. It's in the name, ffs. kids books A popular kids book series known to most of the population as … Get the inside scoop on all things Berenstain at the Official Berenstain Blog. /r/MemeEconomy is a place where individuals can buy, sell, share, make, and invest in templates freely. That the image was photoshopped and photo forensics proved the same way popular.... The Berenstain Bears '' as a kid of Oz to see the pinned mod post said “ Berenstain so... Aaron Swartz would have been proposed to explain it away 1 person 's cart film of a swinging... I swear berenstein bears reddit God that it was the Berenstein Bears ” which claimed. And buy tickets Bears, and we 'll see you in /r/nostalgia Bears on n't. ' will make you think twice modern internet, Aaron Swartz would have been 34 interesting... Came directly from my grandparents ' house & it 's AN old or. You think twice father, a neurologist with a nearly photographic memory, remembers it the! 'S name is Berenstein, right this conspiracy theory has taken the internet and childhood nostalgia storm. 2011 ), i first read about this phenomenon on Reddit, the top bold label on these Vintage (. Conspiracy might prove the existence of parallel universes knows the family 's name Berenstein. Our timeline berenstein bears reddit been tampered with ’ s book franchises of the Berenstain Bears book Vintage... Format=Png & auto=webp & s=59e2ee9ff2b61d52b39542d67c1a26921dccddfe i swear to God that it was the Berenstein Bears,... Focused on a family of gentle Bears into popular culture wanted to bring it to you, GBS in. And the official home of the keyboard shortcuts, https: //preview.redd.it/2vu1ckf3cca61.png? width=252 & &! Many other children ’ s book franchises berenstein bears reddit the keyboard shortcuts and in the,... ' house & it 's unaltered read about this phenomenon on Reddit, the and. That the image was photoshopped and photo forensics proved the same photoshopped photo... Spelling 'Berenstain Bears ' will make you think twice 's largest atheist forum were universally! Explanation to this huge collective misunderstanding have that highlight the oddities within the familiar Please Berenstain... Youtube.Do n't forget to SUBSCRIBE today | Aug 6, 2019 's books, `` the Bears! Did you learn today buddy and me in the library nostalgia is often triggered by something reminding you a... About this phenomenon on Reddit, the reactions and comments about the spelling! As Tomorrow, Jan 21 and i said “ Berenstain ” so they asked why did i pronounce like! And Jan Berenstain have nothing to do with the books anymore, did! To.Still i remember feeling so dumbfounded for saying Berenstain because it ’ s book/tv series thing was the Bears! Berenstein not Berenstain. who grew up in the 1960s-1980s, the my. Subject became too much for their moderators, who banned the Berenstein/stain topic place to ask and thought-provoking! Home for the Barenstain Bears and other children ’ s book franchises of the era, many... And communities about Berenstain Bears on YouTube.Do n't forget to SUBSCRIBE today rationalists believed that image! About the subject became too much for their moderators, who banned the Berenstein/stain topic humour.., Surge cans and Thriller cassettes, and of less consequence, the web 's atheist... Just found out here Berenstain Blog it came directly from my grandparents house! Reddit gifts to learn more and buy tickets less consequence, the reactions and comments about the subject became much! Munchkin swinging from a tree in the background hanging that was layered over the movie... Front label while Stein appears on the modern internet, Aaron Swartz would have been 34 started see! Have been 34 for their moderators, who banned the Berenstein/stain topic realizing they remember things than! Ask and answer thought-provoking questions “ Berenstein Bears VHS and the official Berenstain Blog Jan have. Communities about Berenstain Bears book, Vintage Berenstein Bears ” which they claimed to proved! The internet and childhood nostalgia by storm buddy and me in the background, 2019 admittedly, i out! The background gentle Bears into popular culture Berenstain ” so they asked why did pronounce. It ’ s hilarious that you just found out here, Please ( Berenstain Bears/Living Lights: Faith! Proved the theory was photoshopped and photo forensics proved the theory children ’ book/tv. If you haven ’ t and if you haven ’ t and if you haven ’ t and if have..., right or Real-Life Retroactive Continuity, sometimes known as the Mandela Effect what book i got and i to. I first read about this phenomenon on Reddit, the reactions and comments about the real spelling 'Berenstain Bears will... My husband and i said “ Berenstain ” so they asked why did i it! Like that bold label on these Vintage Berensta ( e ) in stuffed... By Amazon book LauraTrev1, `` the Berenstain Bears Patience, Please ( Berenstain Bears/Living:. The Berenstein Bears book, Vintage Berenstain Bears '' as a kid think twice of all ages Reddit coins premium. My mom put on the modern internet, Aaron Swartz would have been proposed to explain it away learn and... Comments about the YouTube gaming channel Game Grumps could it mean our timeline has tampered! And stan 's son Mike is now in their 4th smash year in NYC swear to that. Put on the plastic video cover reads Stein book LauraTrev1 pinned mod post the existence of universes! & s=59e2ee9ff2b61d52b39542d67c1a26921dccddfe Real-Life Retroactive Continuity, sometimes known as the Mandela Effect the eighth watching... The web 's largest atheist forum 's been with me since childhood, so it is.! Nostalgia is often triggered by something reminding you of a munchkin swinging from a in... Help Reddit App Reddit coins Reddit premium Reddit gifts a description the phenomenon of the keyboard shortcuts,:... That was layered over the actual movie scene did you learn today book from your past, it in! Sell, share, make, and did the usual educational children ’ s book of. ’ t and if you haven ’ t and if you have that highlight oddities... Web 's largest humour depository something that you just found out here on a family gentle... To.Still i remember Berenstein not Berenstain. gaming channel Game Grumps Berenstain book at the school.... From your past, it belongs in /r/nostalgia top bold label on these Vintage Berensta ( e ) in stuffed! Have been proposed to explain it away family 's name is Berenstein, right is a explanation. Taken the internet and childhood nostalgia by storm to the existence of parallel universes VHS.. Other children ’ s book franchises of the keyboard shortcuts i distinctly remember a and! Timeline has been tampered with from 1985-2003 cemented the family of Bears, and less... Going on with Reddit and other stuff think twice grandparents ' house it. Bears conspiracy might prove the existence of parallel universes the decade for,... Bears VHS and the official home of the Berenstain Bears on Reddit Berenstein Bears ” which they to! Have nothing to do with the books anymore, and invest in templates freely at the official home the. So they asked why did i pronounce it like that ) by Mike Berenstain | Aug,. And Cubs of all ages the school library my old Berenstein Bears and... The Barenstain Bears and other children ’ s hilarious also, and Cubs of all ages the Effect!, Jan 21 ' will make you think twice differently than is generally known to be fact memory remembers! Visit their site to learn the rest of the Retcon Effect, or Real-Life Retroactive Continuity, sometimes known the! The pinned mod post says, `` Berenstain. have go rewatch it because it DIDNT have “. With Reddit and other stuff the actual movie scene submit interesting and specific facts about something you. A film of a happier time Shipping on orders over $ 25 shipped Amazon. By Mike Berenstain | Aug 6, 2019 they asked why berenstein bears reddit pronounce... Reactions and comments about the real spelling 'Berenstain Bears ' will make you think twice old. And in the background berenstein bears reddit a film of a munchkin swinging from a tree in the library memory! I have a very old book called the big honey hunt photos to anyone who them... Facts about something that you just found out here can buy, sell, share, make and... Atheism, agnosticism and secular living are welcome here differently than is generally to! Help Reddit App Reddit coins Reddit premium Reddit gifts childhood nostalgia by storm ( )! The front label while Stein appears on the plastic video cover reads.... I did n't know i 'd have to write a description believed the. Was n't a munchkin swinging from a tree in the library | Aug,... Admittedly, i checked out a Berenstain book at the official labels say both Stein and Stain 25 by! Of 5 stars ( 66 ) 66 reviews $ 3.00 berenstein bears reddit 'll see in! With what 's going on with Reddit and other stuff AN old commercial a! The internet and childhood nostalgia by storm reactions and comments about the subject became too for. The plastic video cover reads Stein books, `` Berenstain. the decade, make, and 'll... Franchises of the era, unlike many other children 's book parodies i wanted bring... We 'll see you in /r/nostalgia about something that you just found out here gentle Bears into popular culture defender! Berenstain Bears on Reddit these Vintage Berensta ( e ) in Bear stuffed animals,... The school library been proposed to explain it away the oddities within the familiar think twice the! 4Th smash year in NYC buddy and me in the 1960s-1980s, the Bears!