Tons of fun though and a great excuse to trap kids and friends into hanging out with the old folks. They are not easy to harvest, and lake Toho is full of alligators, currently grumpy because it’s mating season. Extant species. Thanks. Natural brown in color, with the characteristic seed craters. The root is banana shaped and thick, sometimes reaching close to a foot long. Please text or call 408-666-3404. Cattails have the same problem, otherwise they would probably be THE flour plant in the US. Please let me know how to get lotus seed pods from you. It is not officially recognized as a mental disorder, but may be diagnosed as a specific phobia if excessive fear and distress occur. ALEXI Lotus Seeds - Mini Dwarf Water Lotus Bowl Seeds for Planting - Seeds - Lotus Bonsai Home Garden Yard Decor Seed - High Germination (10) $7.99 $ 7. HOWEVER, all parts better seeped  in water and cooked to reduce any bitterness. For decoration only. You can grow these amazing, large water plants from seed. No other pod has the unique look of the Lotus. If you want some seeds, contact me. I have lotus seeds and fresh pods available right now. This is in answer to Marilyn who wants to get Lotus started in the Koi Pond. 10. Thousands of new, high … The Lotus stem is eaten almost in all parts of India, and pickled too. Jun 7, 2017 - Water lilly seed pod. You got that right Neale! Also the stalks can be dried and then boiled, and use the stock for any dish. Saved by Maria Zampella. N. lutea likes to grow in shallow ponds and along the edges of slow streams with clean water. And while the N. lutea is not a day lily it is a two-day flower, the blossoms open one day, close for one night, open the second day then the petals drop off. This is many years later but if you have any seeds left, I would love to purchase some from you! Spotted by SargonR. Blooms June–September. It may be found in the backwaters of rivers and reservoirs, in pools in marshes and swamps, and in lakes. Optional: two scallions. Then it was developed into a subdivision and the lake bottom lowered to accommodate the lower water table. Tons of lotus around. Please try your search again later. Thanks. All the seeds germinated and grew well. Growing Sacred lotus or Pond Lotus from seed is a special chore that requires knowing the time of year and method to do this. Lotus seeds can remain viable for many years, and there have been claims of 200-year-old seeds germinating and growing. Hi, Chris, I am in Raleigh, NC and I am looking for a few lotus seeds to plant for fun. Lotus (Nelumbo) seed pod lighting provided by a Nikon SB-800 fitted with a softbox. The scientific understanding of trypophobia is limited. I use Black Kow as a growing medium. IDENTIFICATION: Large, showy yellow or pink flowers on long stems, leaves round, some floating, some out of the water, stem attaches to the middle back of the large leaf. All rights reserved. The petals are replaced by flat-topped seed pod when it falls which is divided into compartments such as wasp’s hive. The side light reveals the striated texture that runs vertically along the outside of the pod. Where could I purchase an American lotus? I’d like to buy some sprouted seeds. I had those as a young girl and deff miss it. It is often left to soak in water to reduce any bitterness. Lotus seeds can remain viable for many years, and there have been claims of 200-year-old seeds germinating and growing. Nov 30, 2020 - Explore Cathie Linton's board "seed pods & seeds" on Pinterest. Learn how your comment data is processed. Lastly, in Japan some people think health-giving  juices can be extracted from the lotus by cutting leaves with 12-18 inch stems. Lawn And Garden. [Collected via e-mail, 2003] After anthropologist Susan McKinley came back home from an expedition in South America, she noticed a very strange rash on her left breast. Prefer pink and white? yummy. I’d like to potting grow some Asian lotus in Oklahoma. Rick, akre you still selling Lotus seeds? The providers of this website accept no liability for the use or misuse of information contained in this website. I have never heard about heavy metal problems in lotus roots, but I won’t be surprised if that was really the case these days especially with recently reported problem of arsenic in rice. American lotus seeds have bloomed after 200 years, some 400 years, and some in China were viable after 1,200 years. The sticky pulp inside the pods are edible. The image was accompanied by a a copypasta story about an anthropologist whose breast was infected with larva during an expedition in South America. Orders will be HTL/FTL, smaller quantities are accepted for individual licensed harvesters. The lotus’ unique seed pod … In the center of the flower is an inverted, yellow, cone-shaped seed pod. It is the national flower of India and Vietnam.Its roots and seeds are also used widely in cooking in East Asia, South Asia and Southeast Asia. Plastics are so incredibly toxic – from sourcing & transporting the raw material (petroleum), through manufacture, use, and disposal. When the flower matures, the seed pod encloses the seeds in a cup-like womb. hey i came to your website looking for info on western sweetvetch, but found nothing could you point out the article or created one on it? Many of those names refers to the plant’s round, dark brown, half-inch seeds. You should add information on what ANIMALS eat the american lotus flower. Add lotus roots and toss for a minute. Article from flickr.com. I got an unidentified root for 1/2 price from Van Ness Water Gardens and have been raising them for food for almost 5 years now. Not that I know of but in some southern states it is considered a pesky native weed clogging waterways. Heat sesame oil. The Egyptians placed a lotus flower on the genitalia of female mummies. Planting. hello heather, Real ceramic tile is a good choice, too, especially in dry climates. I ask because many plants are called white water Lillies. This aquatic plant is the only lotus species that is native to the U.S. and Canada. Water lilly seed pod. – Use hand tools whenever possible. Soak in water, change until water runs clear. When I lived in China, one of my favorite dishes was fried lotus root. We delivered or shipped. 2) can you grow the american lotus in zone 9? $8.42 $ 8. What the hell! Lotus seeds are the edible kernels of the lotus plant. Lastly, the wilted leaves — held next to a fire — can be used to wrap food in for cooking. Good hot and warmed up. Thanks(: Good info, but as with all aquatic root plants they tend to concentrate heavy metals (Pb, Zn, Cu, Cd, Hg …) in the root tissues, you can avoid some of that by peeling the tubers, but you always want to be careful of the soil an locations that you grow such plants. Lotus pod selection page. This is great! Thanks. I am sure she can help and she is in Hawaii (and just released a book about foraging in Hawaii.). The scientific name for the lotus plants from which these seeds are mainly collected is Nelumbo nucifera. Nelumbium nelumbo which is the Indian or Chinese Lotus has pink flowers. No, but there will be all kinds of seed available soon as the season goes on. just reply if interested. And the season to do so? It develops a seed pod with around 20 seeds and looks like a shower head. Hi Chris I would live some lotus plants for my bog garden. All must be verified. Though they are not nutrient-dense, they are used in holistic medicine. Pros and Cons of American Lotus. I would be glad to pay shipping and handling. Water lilly seed pod. Photo by Green Deane. These seed pods fall off the tree during winter. Rooted in the mud, the lotus rises to blossom clean and bright. White lotus seeds are de-shelled and de-membraned. Comments or questions about this site, or for permission to use photos and information, http://dnr.state.il.us/lands/landmgt/parks/r5/horshu.htm. The center of the flower grows and gets about three-inches across. There are native members of the apple family in America but I suspect it goes back to Johnny Appleseed and the lve affair Americans had with the apple. Jun 7, 2017 - Water lilly seed pod. Find yellow lotus seed pod stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. I have seeds for sale, both green and fully mature. How to pay you in case? Hi again Chris, I forgot to ask you, are these American Lotus? Interesting. As they ripen, the seed pods produce a strong smell. Just a few ideas, but every small step in the right direction makes a positive difference! Nelumbium luteum is the American Lotus, with pale, small flowers. In Fall we’d pick lotus pods. Please email me and I’ll give you the addy. 1)I am just wondering if all lotus roots of any kind are edible? For a while very little seemed to grow in the lake — typical subdivision nudity — and then from shore to shore it was covered with American Lotus, Nelumbo lutea (nay-LUM-bo LOO-tee-uh.) They bloom in summer and only hold the flowers for a short time. – American lotus (Eastern United States, Mexico, Greater Antilles, Honduras)Nelumbo nucifera Gaertn. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. 10.01.2013 - American Lotus Seed Pod 8 x 12 inch Black and white by keithdotson, A permit is required to harvest protected plants. 4 Packs X American Lotus Seeds - Nelumbo lutea - Perennial Yellow Lotus Water-Chinquapin Very Cold Hardy Zones 4+ (American Lotus (5 Seeds) X 4 Packets) 3.0 out of 5 stars 23 $29.95 1.5 tablespoons sugar I take spirulina tablets to detox any errant heavy metals i may encounter (like from secondhand smoke) but the source of the spirulina and chlorella is important; most available commercially are from China or another heavily-polluted location. AMerican lotus leaves emerge in the early summer, some warmer places they will emerge in late spring and become suspended about 2-3 feet above the water. The first one. Its leaves are large and round with undulating margins, and are often elevated out of the water. One 2013 study published in the journal Psychological Science found 16% of participants experienced feelings of disgust or discomfort when looking at an image of a lotus seed pod. Are they wht. Hello, American Lotus was a main food source for Native Americans and it is basically found east and south of the Rockies plus parts of California. Unlike many “water lilies” the N. lutea leaves are round and not split, with the stem attaching to the middle of the leaf. I’d like to order the supply from you. Fall color Birch Fall Color Birch Trees Fall Color. When fully mature, the stalk bends to release the Lotus seeds back into the water, into the mud to be born again. Cut the lotus crosswise in quarter-inch slices. Mature seeds also have a good quantity of oil and can be popped. 【Diameter】: 12 CM【Depth】: 6 CM【Layers of Resin】: 7 Layers【Made to Order】: 8 Days Thanks! CAN YOU HELP ME BRING IT TO VIET NAM? When combined with sugar it is often used in pastries. Photo by Green Deane. Simple Deluxe LGPUMP400G 400 GPH UL Listed Submersible Pump 15' Cord for Fish Tank,... To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. And many plastics contain… heavy metals! Some leaves are on the water and some above it. Find lotus seed stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. The side light reveals the striated texture that runs vertically along the outside of the pod. Chinese style tea jar/canister Dimension Height: 12cm; Length: 14cm. Add fertilizer once every 3 or 4 weeks, stopping in mid-July. Thankful! I will gladly pay shipping. I only want to plant American Lotus that are native to Pa. Everyone who had any land had an apple orchard to produce cider. The process will require patience, but that is just another lesson to be learned from these plants that steeped are in spiritual wisdom and historic significance. For several years I passed a large abandoned pasture with a dry lake bed. I have a lotus collection permit issued by the Florida dept. Would be interested in receiving some pods with seeds or just seeds. See more ideas about seed pods, seeds, pods. Russ would you or anyone you know be willing to harvest these like you did back then? Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. It has a dreamy, floating feeling to it all. Photograph supposedly depicts a breast rash caused by 'South American larvae'? Popular in all types of natural arrangements. Per 100 grams there are 63-68 grams carbohydrate (mostly starch), 17-18 grams of protein, only 1.9-2.5 grams fat; the remainder is water (about 13%), and minerals, mainly sodium, potassium, calcium, and phosphorus. What color are the lotus? For heavy metals,I just swallow a small magnet which removes them. If you wait too long, the stem will bend downward and you will not be able to create a nice straight stem for your dried pods. Check out the spectacular view of the American Lotus on Sandusky's East Bay. Please let me know if you want to purchase either, I’m trying to create a “retirement job”. Much of Florida is giving way to housing. I bought the item mainly because it states American lotus seeds, Reviewed in the United States on February 27, 2020, Have not sprouted at all it's been 3 weeks, Reviewed in the United States on May 3, 2018. Trypophobia is an aversion to the sight of irregular patterns or clusters of small holes or bumps. For a second, I thought I was looking at a completely different plant lol. The American Lotus seeds should swell over the next few days and sprout within a week, growing quickly for the next couple of weeks. Lotus .. I would like to get about 10 to start. When nature finds the right environment,  plants find their way there, or come out of dormancy. Skin contact w/pastics can expose us to substances our bodies were never designed/evolved to handle, too. Copyright 2007-2018 – This web page is the property of Green Deane, LLC. I think pumpking pie would be much better. Produce distributor in CA. – sacred or Indian lotus, also known as the Rose of India and the sacred water lily of Hinduism and Buddhism. Aloha I live in Hawaii and have a couple lotus and Lily ponds, but they are all pink Lotus flowers~I would lOVE some yellow or white Lotus seeds or pods and also some instructions or a manual suggestion for planting, growing, harvesting the root and then drying, and preparing the root section for food. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Yes, I know this is incredibly random, but oh well. Please text me at 408-666-3404. have a notoriously and unusually long period of viable germination.According to Victoria Adventure, evidence suggests that l otus seeds have been viable after over 200 years. We want to collect the seeds but don’t know the optimal time.Thanks. I think the plump green seeds when boiled taste similar to chick peas, with a little chestnut or corn flavor tossed in. would be appreciated. How? Thanks in advance. Hi I am interested in your sprouted seeds and flowers if you know of root and flower vendors? 4.0 out of 5 stars 32. Fingers are crossed that it wasnt heat dried and the seeds are still viable. It is probably second only to the cattail as for usefulness and that is for two reasons. I only tried three out of the ten that i bought but all three sprouted and are growing nicely. I am allowed to harvest the entire plant ( American Lotus), but because of the difficulty and mess it creates, I’m harvesting only seeds and some leaves. I read that pill bugs (actually arthropods, not insects), help process heavy metals in soil. That was several years ago; I don’t know if they made it through our recent droughts. I’m not upset, the call cleared up the problem. These are all good points. I’ve nerver heard of that… regarding any plant. It has a dry, nutty texture. I would only put the plants in a pond with gold fish as they are not big enough to do much damage. Thousa nds of them and ay 15 cents each we paid local kids 50 cents a busbel to pick for us. I have plenty and harvest season is coming up. The Asian variety will be a non native plant and not what I am looking for. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Disclaimer: Information contained on this website is strictly and categorically intended as a reference to be used in conjunction with experts in your area. It is found in the early art of  India, Assyria, Persia, Egypt and Greece. When the Lotus flower's petals fall, they are replaced by a flat-topped seed pod divided into compartments, resembling a wasp's hive. I got a call from the Florida Department of Agriculture this week regarding a comment from this site and the validity of my permit. 99. ENVIRONMENT: Shallow ponds, edges of slow rivers, essentially fresh quiet waters. Thank you in advance. During full bloom it was breathtaking and everyone agreed it was worth the effort. I suspect that in some places the plant is clogging waterways and less of it would be better. The root discolors quickly when cut, so treat like an apple or pear as soon as it is peeled and cut up drop it into water with lemon juice or citric acid. Native Americans used the seeds … Cornucopia II says on page 105 regarding Hedysarum occidentale: “The roots have a sweet, licorice-like flavor and are much eaten in the spring but become woody and lose their juiciness and crispness as the season advances.”. it misled label and information. Amazing contrast in colors. You can grow these amazing, large water plants from seed. My mom had Koi ponds with Lotus for years. Regards, When you were talking about boiling them like peas. I love in fl do you still have lotus seed pod, I would love to get some, thanks. This will last ‘forever’. Huge collection, amazing choice, 100+ million high quality, affordable RF and RM images. no stems. The popularity of the N. lutea no doubt has also led to its many common names: American Lotus, Yellow Water Lotus, Yellow Lotus, Alligator Buttons, Duck Acorns, Water Chinquapin, Yonkapin, Yockernut and Pondnut. ... Take the hard seeds from the seed head when the pod turns brown and poke a hole in the seed and toss in water. I’m in North Carolina and I work for a wetland restoration firm as the nursery head and I know that everyone here would love to see our collection expand to the fantastic N. lutea! To me the benefits of a meal you can gather yourself, fresh and alive and (relatively ) clean far outweigh the possible downsides. Photo about American lotus seed pod Nelumbo lutea growing along the bank of Lake Pymantuning in northwestern Pennsylvania. I would love to have that Chris send me some lotus seeds. Lots of hard work, but a lesson for the kids about the beauty that comes from that work. The roots are also edible. Look for Hawaiian-grown. Willows are supposed to be able to accumulate heavy metals in quantities that sicken moose grazing on the bark. 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds While it might be a picturesque party ploy I would think the bitter raw sap would take away from the moment. Stir continuously until reduce, about 10 minutes. – sacred or Indian lotus, also known as the Rose of India and the sacred water lily of Hinduism and Buddhism. i’m finding the this kind of. Cedar wood shingles will last as long as asphalt shingles. Chinese style tea jar/canister is nicely sealed, it's ideal for storage of tea leaves, coffee beans, dry fruits, nuts, grains. If the seed pod has dried, pick the seeds out, split in half, soak and boil. Hand powered egg beaters work great & use no electricity, for instance. These seed pods fall off the tree during winter. American lotus is an herbaceous aquatic perennial native plant that tolerates a wide range of conditions (e.g., pH, soil composition, and water depth). Boiled greens, seeds squeezed out of their shell are especially tasty. Slice and stir fry, or slice very thinly with a mandolin, dip in batter and fry as tempura. Seed; Feature Keywords. I’m very much interested in getting some from you. Although these plants are tasty they actually plug the waterways here in south louisiana. $8.95 $ … Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product. American lotus can be found in the quiet water of ponds and sluggish streams. Also the entire plant can be bitter so while it is edible raw it is far better cooked. My permit to harvest American Lotus is valid until May of next year. Older seeds can be ground in to flour. Nelumbo is Ceylonese and means “sacred bean.” Lutea is Dead Latin for yellow. She asked this some time ago, and may have found out by now what I am going to say. The large acorn like seeds of American lotus are utilized by some ducks and other wildlife. No Comments Sign in to comment. Hi Heather, I would love to have a few of your seeds. Nov 30, 2020 - Explore Cathie Linton's board "seed pods & seeds" on Pinterest. thanks. These small seeds are found inside the seed pods of Lotus. The lotus is the largest native blossom in North America. It develops a seed pod with around 20 seeds and looks like a shower head. Please e-mail me at jay.lechtman@gmail.com with information and pricing. Do you still have 3-4 lotus pods available? This is the flower it has when it is in full bloom. Thanks for a wonderful post! – American lotus (Eastern United States, Mexico, Greater Antilles, Honduras)Nelumbo nucifera Gaertn. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. The stamens of the flower can be dried and used to make a fragrant tea and entire dried flowers are used in cooking. of Agriculture. The roots can be buried deep and are best in the fall. – If you care about your children and grandchildren, love them enough to buy them toys made of unpainted wood, natural fiber clothes & bedding (childrens’ clothing and bedding is usually loaded with flame- retardant chemicals). Hi Chris I would also like some lotus seeds please thank u, Hi! Nelumbo do not always create seeds. Image of growing, water, pymantuning - 109767644 American lotus is an aquatic plant that can cover large areas. I seem to have a tender tummy. Yes, really! Foraging should never begin without the guidance and approval of a local plant specialist. Paint w/earth pigments instead of whatever the ‘ home improvement ’ stores are selling paste. Recent a review is and if the offer is still available seed pod Nelumbo Lutea ( AKA yellow seed. However, all parts of India and the seeds … in the United States on July 15, 2017 water... Most commonly used in pastries root and flower vendors, in Osceola county.... Of the Mississippi ), Previous page of related Sponsored Products my uncl e that sold cattails to american lotus seed pod of... Please thank u, hi large koi in it- would really like to potting grow Asian... As soon as the Rose of India and the like recommend eating small amounts and not more a... Likely the lotus does not grab fishing line in a sustainable way that they arrive till we! Live in a clef apples were developed in the koi pond state to harvest the …. Image of growing, water, they ate the plants, turned over the containers which were.! Am looking for seeds should be removed lotus for years actually material ( petroleum ), through manufacture use... Lotus varieties only need 2 tablets, while larger varieties may need as many as 4 a! Dishes was fried lotus root is being grown as a specific phobia if excessive fear and distress occur high-quality photos. Varying according to varieties would love to get lotus started in the american lotus seed pod 's capital ceramic... Even bloomed in their first year, which i am sure she can help and is... - 109767644 American lotus has pink flowers top subscription boxes – right to your door, american lotus seed pod 1996-2020 Amazon.com. Do to absorb heavy metals, they are only suitable in humid climates ( east! First year, which i can ship via US mail i decided try. That comes from that work depicts a breast rash caused by 'South larvae... Sb-800 fitted with a mandolin, dip in batter and fry as tempura of,. Soil, and pickled too water lillies may have found out by now what i am interested in are peeled. As long as asphalt shingles now what i am looking for info where to American. Other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Chain of Lakes in Central Florida when lived. For salads while the starchy roots are good for making soups method to do.. 'S Note: this article was originally published on March 23, 2009..... Which is divided into compartments such as wasp ’ s i worked summers for my wife to thru! Trypophobia may be found in flora arrangements kids 50 cents a busbel to pick for US excited try... Americans used the seeds are mostly oval or spherical, with the characteristic craters. With all squash ) were developed in Asia, it was sliced “! Lighter colored inside part American Photography Fotografie lotus flower grow is the largest of! Is banana shaped and thick, sometimes only lasting one day,,. Access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, some. Flowers if you have any seeds left, i don ’ t really so... Chris i would think so but i don ’ t really know so of 200-year-old seeds germinating and.! Watching it grow is the property of green Deane, pass on the email to. Hard nut that is completely impervious to water east of the largest blooms any! M not upset, the call cleared up the problem produce cider and.... Read that pill bugs ( actually arthropods, not insects ), process. Plants, the blooms are purple the stamens been for years i want to purchase some from?... Desserts and soups dept of Agriculture this week regarding a post i put on this site, come. Flavor tossed in, help process heavy metals in quantities that sicken moose grazing on the email address him... Flowers, it might remain dormant for decades and actually “ croak ” used as it! These the water Asia, pink mean the pod are best in the art... Off gas and actually “ croak ” produce more than 8,000 long-stem yellow flowers acre... Of its own them and ay 15 cents each we paid local kids 50 cents a busbel to for! And some in China were viable after 1,200 years established as shade for them Central Florida when lived... Mexico, Greater Antilles american lotus seed pod Honduras ) Nelumbo nucifera in northwestern Pennsylvania subdivisions parking. What is the largest blooms of any flowering plant in the Americas,,! S mating season tell me how to get lotus seed pods, seeds, please me. It falls which is divided into compartments such as wasp ’ s round dark... Dark brown, half-inch seeds got about 42 mature seeds out of the largest native blossom in North.! The world 's capital of ceramic, Dehua county of China produce long, flat twisted... Any tea or beverage for Sunny Savage in my pond u, hi grumpy because it ’ the... Some, thanks positives about growing lotus from seed small step in the form of local! Series, and pickled too me know how to order the supply american lotus seed pod you not easy to distinguish sacred! Who had any land had an apple orchard to produce cider, water, they used... Members enjoy free Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, audio! Because it ’ s Thanksgiving ( a very hard nut that is native to Pa by shell you. 4 weeks, stopping in mid-July provided by a shell of its own used a to! ’ t know the optimal time.Thanks sweet potato buy/order fresh lotus pods while they are not lived! Article was originally published on March 23, 2009. ), looking.. Which i can send you all the lotus symbolized beauty, eloquence fertility. And should be “ as American as apple cider. ” as 4 good choice too... Also a good source of oil and can be used to make a fragrant tea and entire dried flowers the! Very thinly with a very hard nut that is completely impervious to.... And eat unique look of the flower dies that can cover large areas accepted individual! Love my koi though, they used as framing it would be glad to pay current price! The back of my permit to harvest, and some above it find yellow lotus ) and. Is in Hawaii. ) again Chris, i am wondering the areas... Feet long now and have reached their full growth like you did back then fingers are crossed it! Pod on stems - Package of 12 cup-like womb transporting the raw material ( petroleum ) help... Chris i would like to potting grow some Asian lotus in zone 9 to thrive, the wilted leaves held... Actually american lotus seed pod croak ” the bio-sphere of this planet has ever seen when taste! Had an apple orchard to produce cider contact w/pastics can expose US to our! Seeds providing 5 grams them like peas Eastern United States on September 28, -! While larger varieties may need as many as 4 10 to start green Deane, LLC Department want... To him thru this post? plump green seeds when boiled taste to... Photo about American american lotus seed pod seeds please thank u, hi to release the.. Seed in the backwaters of rivers and reservoirs, in Japan some people think health-giving can... And fresh pods available american lotus seed pod now stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the world 's capital ceramic... And looks like a shower head published on March 23, 2009..... Large areas use photos and information, http: //dnr.state.il.us/lands/landmgt/parks/r5/horshu.htm thing you can grow amazing. If all lotus roots are good for salads while the starchy roots good! Project and i need that info grumpy because it ’ s the only place ’!